CanesInSight National Signing Day Hub

Missing out on the DBs hurt but getting Harley and Thomas is huge all in all great class

Advertisement
Again, solid but disappointing class. No different from Golden. Nine-win team two years from now

Hard to value your opinion if this is the read. This would be an A+ class for Golden. While we missed on several key guys, the players that signed are top to bottom legit players of varying degrees.

Check your facts. The bottom line is, Golden wasn't that horrible of a recruiter in his first full class (2012). He had a top 10-11 class. He signed Tracy Howard, Malcolm Lewis, Tyriq McCord, Duke Johnson, Deon Bush, Ereck Flowers, and Preston Dewey. All of those names were rated four stars or better by ESPN and two years later we won nine games. It was a very solid class but outside of Duke, who was really a difference maker? This class is similar. Richt, I believe, is a better game day coach but recruiting-wise, they're about the same.

Listen, I'm different from most of you cats on here. I'm a bottom line kinda dude. I'm not interested in the coastal, I'm not interested in the ACC, I want the crystal ball and the golden megaphone that we call a national championship trophy. I'm not gonna blow smoke and pretend like this class is some sort of game changer, it's not. You should not lose four out of five top sofla dbs to those c*nts in Gainesville. Just shouldn't. I understand that McFarland got paid by Maryland but you can't be put in a position where he ****es in your mouth the way he did after months of being a silent commit and not have a back up plan. OL was a good haul and you landed an elite recruit in Donaldson and nice player in Gainer. I'm not as high on Herbert as recruiting services are. I thought we did as good as we could at receiver but Devonta Smith not even giving us the decency to attend a visit was discouraging going forward. Cornerback was a need position and while I think Bandy was the best corner in south Florida, and Dean has good size and speed, you needed another guy with speed. Henderson hurts, Edwards....Not so much.

The top players in that class were great. But we signed like 33 ppl that class and 20 of them were straight trash. You need to go back and examine that class and compare it to this one or even last class. We have some top guys this class like we did in 2012, but more importantly these are all Miami guys. They are all Miami quality guys, top to bottom. And that's why golden wasn't a good recruiter here.

This doesn't make any sense. In one breath you say the top players in that class were great but the rest were trash. How do you know this class is full of sure fire studs? Dykstra? Burns? Smith? Etc. I hope these guys pan out but there not world beaters by any means.

Is Donaldson better than Flowers?
Is Carter better than Bush?
Is Bandy better than Tracy Howard?

Who knows, but to act like Richt cleaned up in recruiting this year's is horsesh*t. He didn't.

Again, I'm not calling the class trash but it's not a big-time class either.

ESPN insiders and CBS loved this class. It's a very good class , either you're a troll or an idiot.

Ready for the '18 cycle

Me too. Really hope we can pull some elite kids like Xavier Thomas, Lingard, Gurvan, and one of the dual-threat QBs.

You think we are going to pull Xavier Thomas away from Clemson and Muschamp?

Jobe, Frierson, Hall, Campbell, Lingard, Pope, Westbrook, Chatfield, Hightower, Thompson....those are the "elite" kids I have my eye on right now. And of course Kool needs to do his thing on the D-Line.

I don't see Surtain coming but I'd put him on that list too.

I said I hope we can pull him. Also wouldn't call Chatfield, Hightower, or Thompson "elite", their tape doesn't translate. Who's Westbrook?

Advertisement
We got Thomas, so I'm happy...

The mopes can cry, bhitch & moan all they want, but I think this was a good class.

We will get a grad transfer CB & RB. Adrian Colbert 2.0 & Tyshon Dye? Not bad. I just hate that we let those UFags poach our targets with so little effort. Speaks more of the kid than the staff though.

Advertisement
Hard to value your opinion if this is the read. This would be an A+ class for Golden. While we missed on several key guys, the players that signed are top to bottom legit players of varying degrees.

Check your facts. The bottom line is, Golden wasn't that horrible of a recruiter in his first full class (2012). He had a top 10-11 class. He signed Tracy Howard, Malcolm Lewis, Tyriq McCord, Duke Johnson, Deon Bush, Ereck Flowers, and Preston Dewey. All of those names were rated four stars or better by ESPN and two years later we won nine games. It was a very solid class but outside of Duke, who was really a difference maker? This class is similar. Richt, I believe, is a better game day coach but recruiting-wise, they're about the same.

Listen, I'm different from most of you cats on here. I'm a bottom line kinda dude. I'm not interested in the coastal, I'm not interested in the ACC, I want the crystal ball and the golden megaphone that we call a national championship trophy. I'm not gonna blow smoke and pretend like this class is some sort of game changer, it's not. You should not lose four out of five top sofla dbs to those c*nts in Gainesville. Just shouldn't. I understand that McFarland got paid by Maryland but you can't be put in a position where he ****es in your mouth the way he did after months of being a silent commit and not have a back up plan. OL was a good haul and you landed an elite recruit in Donaldson and nice player in Gainer. I'm not as high on Herbert as recruiting services are. I thought we did as good as we could at receiver but Devonta Smith not even giving us the decency to attend a visit was discouraging going forward. Cornerback was a need position and while I think Bandy was the best corner in south Florida, and Dean has good size and speed, you needed another guy with speed. Henderson hurts, Edwards....Not so much.

The top players in that class were great. But we signed like 33 ppl that class and 20 of them were straight trash. You need to go back and examine that class and compare it to this one or even last class. We have some top guys this class like we did in 2012, but more importantly these are all Miami guys. They are all Miami quality guys, top to bottom. And that's why golden wasn't a good recruiter here.

This doesn't make any sense. In one breath you say the top players in that class were great but the rest were trash. How do you know this class is full of sure fire studs? Dykstra? Burns? Smith? Etc. I hope these guys pan out but there not world beaters by any means.

Who knows, but to act like Richt cleaned up in recruiting this year's is horsesh*t. He didn't.

ESPN insiders and CBS loved this class. It's a very good class , either you're a troll or an idiot.

Again you're reading and interpreting what you want to, dummy. I've called this a solid class numerous times.

Anyone know Dabo's average class ranking over the last 3 or 4 years? I doubt it's been top 5, but maybe I'm wrong. He's evaluated great, especially on the DL, and has a great DC and great QB.
Somewhere in the teens I believe.

When Clemson was beating us 58-0 they showed the average recruiting classes. We were 11.4 and they were 11.2
espn said there avg was 9 so not sure on other services but Clemson on espn avg is 9th this isnt' a bad first class and filled a lot of need areas like oline, and wr, cb could use 1 or 2 more and would of liked 1 more rb but all in all not a bad class.

Ready for the '18 cycle

Me too. Really hope we can pull some elite kids like Xavier Thomas, Lingard, Gurvan, and one of the dual-threat QBs.
Xavier Thomas is not from FL, he's from South Cack he only goes to school at IMG...

He's a 100% LOCK to Clemson.

I know he's not from FL. The staff is going to have to venture out of the state to target some DL imo and Thomas is the best.
Don't do it to yourself, we have 0% chance with him... Literally NONE.

That's perfectly fine, they'll be plenty of other DE's that we have a much more realistic shot at.

Advertisement

Can you go with both?

His argument is lame considering we actually have a staff that can coach and develop talent. Outside of corner and RB, I don't understand how anyone can crap on this class.

Lol at you mopes clinging to lingard and Xavier Williams next year. They (ain't) comin...

Smith was NEVER coming. Were we even 2nd? Lulz

Advertisement
Lol at you mopes clinging to lingard and Xavier Williams next year. They (ain't) comin...

Smith was NEVER coming. Were we even 2nd? Lulz

I haven't seen anyone cling to Williams next year. Lingard everyone's 50/50 on, but I don't see him coming here either given the circus that's coming his way.

Get the other stud RBs in S. Fl. next year. There's a lot more next cycle.

Advertisement
Back