Canes vs. Thomas Jefferson

Notsince1985

Retired staff
Premium
cav-hurt-11-15-121.jpg

Advertisement
If things keep going the way that they are tonight in North Cackalacky... UM will have the same overall and conference records as Virginia.

And Virginia is currently #14 in the country...lol :monkey-serious:

Not sure if I'm happy that UVA is getting their doors blown off tonight. They will be a different team playing at home instead of on the road.

Not sure if I'm happy that UVA is getting their doors blown off tonight. They will be a different team playing at home instead of on the road.

Agree 100% I wanted UNC to win to improve UM's strength of schedule on the resume...but did not want them to face UVa coming off of a loss.

Advertisement
So Miami needs to eke out 1 win in the next 4 games, and win the first round ACC tournament matchup to ensure a spot in the tournament. This sound right? 20-12 final record.

Ignoring us for one second, I don't think there is a better time to play them.

- UVA lost their last 3 games and 4 of their last 5 games. Keep in mind, that game they won against UL, UL was without Deng, Snider and Mathiang.
- UVA has been struggling to score points. 3 of UVA's 6 worst offensive performances this season have come in its last 3 games (according to JB). Keep in mind one of the last 3 was to VT and was a double OT (they had 63 at the end of regulation).
- UVA has averaged 66.6 PPG during ACC play. With the exception of VT (double OT, UVA scored 63 in regulation), VT hasn't gone above 71 PPG since January 14th at Clemson and the last time they went above 66.6 was against UL on February 6th.
- UVA allows 55.8 PPG this season. Over the last 5 games, they have allowed 66 PPG.

With the above said, UVA truly had an atrocious shooting performance against UNC. UVA shot under 30% from FG and 2-20 from 3PT. That isn't happening again.

So when you look at UVA, who played 12 hours ago, I don't see them fixing too much in a span of 48 hours. They will perform better but they have been performing poorly on offense. If I had to play UVA, I would want to play them now given all of the above.

---------------------------------------------

Now back to us. We just played too and now we have to travel. We're essentially running a 7 man rotation due to a selfish player. With that said, we're playing much better recently as we won 4 of our last 5. Even without Newton, we have been able to score 70-71 points each game, which is key.

Both teams need a win. One is pretty cold, the other is not.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Beat Virginia
I can't wait to
Beat Virginia

[video=youtube;A3Qvb7q9Nm0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3Qvb7q9Nm0[/video]

Advertisement
Ignoring us for one second, I don't think there is a better time to play them.

- UVA lost their last 3 games and 4 of their last 5 games. Keep in mind, that game they won against UL, UL was without Deng, Snider and Mathiang.
- UVA has been struggling to score points. 3 of UVA's 6 worst offensive performances this season have come in its last 3 games (according to JB). Keep in mind one of the last 3 was to VT and was a double OT (they had 63 at the end of regulation).
- UVA has averaged 66.6 PPG during ACC play. With the exception of VT (double OT, UVA scored 63 in regulation), VT hasn't gone above 71 PPG since January 14th at Clemson and the last time they went above 66.6 was against UL on February 6th.
- UVA allows 55.8 PPG this season. Over the last 5 games, they have allowed 66 PPG.

With the above said, UVA truly had an atrocious shooting performance against UNC. UVA shot under 30% from FG and 2-20 from 3PT. That isn't happening again.

So when you look at UVA, who played 12 hours ago, I don't see them fixing too much in a span of 48 hours. They will perform better but they have been performing poorly on offense. If I had to play UVA, I would want to play them now given all of the above.

---------------------------------------------

Now back to us. We just played too and now we have to travel. We're essentially running a 7 man rotation due to a selfish player. With that said, we're playing much better recently as we won 4 of our last 5. Even without Newton, we have been able to score 70-71 points each game, which is key.

Both teams need a win. One is pretty cold, the other is not.

Because of this post, they will score 95

Advertisement
They're definitely in a funk right now, but it always seems like teams in a funk play us and play their best game of the season. So, hopefully, that doesn't continue.

I think we win a close one.

Bennett is 5-2 against Coach L. Somehow he was 1-2 against Fat head.

Iirc, one of the 2 that Haith won was that amazing game where we were down by 10 with 42 seconds left, and ended up winning. So it was really close to being a loss for us. Haith got lucky

Advertisement
Back