Canes vs. Thomas Jefferson

Advertisement
They are mugging us when we have the ball, but we aren't getting that benefit on the other end.

Advertisement
Now THAT was terrible officiating. No call on our drive but they hit Amp with one on that board. Christ almighty....

The officials are not going to let us back in the game. Holy **** this is like watching us play at Duke.

I'm not usually one to complain about officiating, but holy **** this is starting to **** me off. We get mugged down low, then get called on the other end for that weak *** push-off? Infuriating.

Advertisement
Can anyone explain why this team sucks balls in the second half vs ranked opponents? I just don't get why they aren't able to make the adjustments.

Coaching

Horrible post. Feel free to stop following the team...

You're right. I'm going to immediately stop following the team that I've loved since I knew what sports were. Me being frustrated at a team that has obviously shown it can hang with the ranked opponents it has played during the first half and then consistently blown every second half lead (sans UNC) they've had vs. those teams is definitely out of line. I must be the worst fan ever.

Now that we have that out of the way, it was a legitimate question. Coach L's teams have made the adjustments in the past. I just don't get why this team hasn't been able to do so. Does anyone have any helpful observations? Coaching is the go-to answer for the lack of halftime adjustments, but like I said Coach L hasn't seemed to have a problem with that before.

Can anyone explain why this team sucks balls in the second half vs ranked opponents? I just don't get why they aren't able to make the adjustments.

Coaching

You're right. I'm going to immediately stop following the team that I've loved since I knew what sports were. Me being frustrated at a team that has obviously shown it can hang with the ranked opponents it has played during the first half and then consistently blown every second half lead (sans UNC) they've had vs. those teams is definitely out of line. I must be the worst fan ever.

Now that we have that out of the way, it was a legitimate question. Coach L's teams have made the adjustments in the past. I just don't get why this team hasn't been able to do so. Does anyone have any helpful observations? Coaching is the go-to answer for the lack of halftime adjustments, but like I said Coach L hasn't seemed to have a problem with that before.

No guards, no big men.

Coaching

Don't think he was referring to you....

To answer your question..... our offense is just trash. This offense doesn't run without a PG. We don't have one at all. The team was at its best when they had decent PGs(with Larkin and Angel). Plus we have no good shooters at all right now. I don't trust any of them to consistently make a shot.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Coaching

You clearly don't understand how a message board works... was I replying to you?

Advertisement

Coaching

Don't think he was referring to you....

To answer your question..... our offense is just trash. This offense doesn't run without a PG. We don't have one at all. The team was at its best when they had decent PGs(with Larkin and Angel). Plus we have no good shooters at all right now. I don't trust any of them to consistently make a shot.

Having a good PG is a must when running the on-ball-screen offense that Coach L prefers. You can get away with a weaker PG when running motion offenses like the flex.

Advertisement
Back