Canes vs. Safety school for Georgia Tech (VPI)

Advertisement
Advertisement
In the midst of an 8-2 run with wins against UNC, Duke and UVA.

Expect this one to come down to points scored.

They screwed us last year with a late season upset and likely cost us a seed line which ultimately forced us into a Sweet16 game vs. Nova.

Advertisement
I think between them and the semiholes they have 1 loss at home between them. Would be a big win for us up there. I'm also interested to see if Buzz Williams actually turns into a puddle on the floor this time around.

I know that there is a fair chance we can lose to them at their house tonight, but I don't understand why so many so-called bracketologists have them ahead of us. While their RPI was better than ours in the past, it no longer is. We beat them head to head, we're ahead of them in the conference standings, and of the 6 teams ahead of them in the conference standings, WE are the only one they place twice this year.

Let them carry their ability to win at home to an 8 or 9 seed, but I foresee them going out early. Even if they're fortunate enough to beat someone like Xavier in the first round, they're getting routed by 30 by Kansas or Villanova in round 2.

Sorry for the rant. I just despise VPI. With both them and FSU in the tourney this year, my ACC allegiance will be tested. I even rooted for Notre Dame to beat cinderella Stephen F. Austin in round 2 last year so the ACC could get 6 Sweet 16 teams. That made me feel bad enough.

Think we have a better chance of beating FSU in Tally with 5 days of rest. Two straight Big Monday road games coming off of Saturday home games is ridiculous scheduling

I think between them and the semiholes they have 1 loss at home between them. Would be a big win for us up there. I'm also interested to see if Buzz Williams actually turns into a puddle on the floor this time around.

buzz.jpg

My God...wear an undershirt. Geesh.

Advertisement
This is going to be a tough one. Teams are often the victims of getting too emotionally high after beating Duke. Also, we are coming off little rest time, and Cracksburg is a tough place to play.

Gotta win 1 of last 2 in my opinion, makes a big difference for seeding in both NCAAs and ACC

Just win today and win one in the ACC tourney and take a break before the Big dance.

Go too far in the ACC tourney without winning it, is a waste of energy...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Just win today and win one in the ACC tourney and take a break before the Big dance.

Go too far in the ACC tourney without winning it, is a waste of energy...

CdyYrGUUMAAwBkJ.jpg

A deep run in the ACCT would greatly improve our seeding for the NCAAT...

They always play us tough up in Blackturd, and they're hard to beat there....

I think we play a close one and pull it out at the end.

Advertisement
Back