Canes vs. Geek Squad

Nice that we were able to overcome the Newton suspension and Izundu injury (supposedly cramps) to get a W. If we can get by Clemson, that would be fantastic.

I love the extremes that get thrown around. Worst ever player? Ever see some of those early 90's teams?

No. They probably didn't.

Advertisement
Wow. We about to blow another big lead late? Shocking!

Uh...no.

LOL what? You not been watching this team lately or something? We were up 13 and they started turning it over like we have been late in games (or all throughout games for that matter). I'm glad we won but I don't wanna hear anybody acting like they weren't thinking, "****, again?"

Good win, we really needed that one. Great news that Izundu was only cramping.

Just referring to tonight...lol

Wow. We about to blow another big lead late? Shocking!

Uh...no.

LOL what? You not been watching this team lately or something? We were up 13 and they started turning it over like we have been late in games (or all throughout games for that matter). I'm glad we won but I don't wanna hear anybody acting like they weren't thinking, "****, again?"

Good win, we really needed that one. Great news that Izundu was only cramping.

Just referring to tonight...lol

Ah, gotcha. I'm glad we were able to hold on at the end, that was a must-win for sure.

Nice that we were able to overcome the Newton suspension and Izundu injury (supposedly cramps) to get a W. If we can get by Clemson, that would be fantastic.

I love the extremes that get thrown around. Worst ever player? Ever see some of those early 90's teams?

What do you expect from a bunch of dolts?

Hammie Ward is not walking through that door!...lol

We are an above average ACC team. No one pretends we are final four or elite eight or even sweet sixteen level this year. This team is a work in progress. Tonight's game was interesting with Newt being suspended. We saw some other guys really create some things for team mates and some step up the offensive game. It was good to see. Anytime our best player (Reed) hits 20 pts or more, and we dominate the boards (31-17), shoot 55% from the field including 50% from 3 pt land, and we only commit 6 personals for the game then we have played fabulously without our point guard. I just don't think to make negative comments after such a well played game is what being supportive is all about. IJS.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Good win under pretty absurd circumstances but not more absurd than the insight from Heckle and Jeckyll on this thread.

GT was a good matchup for us short handed because they were short handed as well. The next 5 games are going to be brutal.

Advertisement
GT was a good matchup for us short handed because they were short handed as well. The next 5 games are going to be brutal.

If we beat Clemson, I'll be happy. Get Newton back after the UVa game (which was going to be tough on the road with him) and take out Duke and then hopefully steal a win on the road, but if not, I'll be ok with 9-9.

Solid win. These kids fight. I love Reed and he played great but I expect that from Reed because of the confidence I have in him. I think Murphy really stepped up tonight. He was everywhere. DJ has some talent but needs to get a better feel for the game. He forces too much. But he really stepped up tonight and I'm sure that will help his confidence moving forward. Need to find a way to win this Clemson game but it won't be easy without Newton. Hopefully everyone else is healthy come Saturday. Need a good crowd for these guys so hopefully Saturday will get some people there. Why don't any students come to the game???

In the post game presser L said he expected to have 6 scholarship guys available for GT. Huell didn't practice because of his ankle and Brown was running a 102 temp on Tuesday.

Advertisement

If we beat Clemson, I'll be happy. Get Newton back after the UVa game (which was going to be tough on the road with him) and take out Duke and then hopefully steal a win on the road, but if not, I'll be ok with 9-9.

I would be thrilled if we go 2-3.

Advertisement

I would be thrilled if we go 2-3.

9-9 gets the job done, especially if Miami beats Duke at home. Beat Clemson Satuday and VT on the road, and steal one against Duke or FSU, and it's not even a conversation going into the ACC Tournament. 9 is the goal, 10+ is 5 star lock it.

Anyone remember that poster who told me in a thread during a game we lost we weren't going to win more than 5 games this year? And I was crazy to think we'd have a shot to be 9-9? Yeah, that funny. I think I was called delusional. It was either Syracuse or Wake.

Advertisement
Back