Canes vs Duke

Guess he is playing overseas then. He’s not an NBA player.
He's not but neither are most college stars. Including ours from the past like Moore, McGusty, Newton, McClellan, Angel and so on. Wong's an excellent player at this level. And that's great. Not many achieve what he has.

Advertisement
A lot of our "Fans" most of whom are Duke fans to begin with have the basketball knowledge of a fruit fly. Duke is likely going to end up in the NCAAT, losing to them by 2 on the road doesn't hurt Miami at all.
Yep. The ACC reg season winner is going probably 15-5.

Our repetitive issues is our inability to get defensive rebounds against tall teams. Same thing happened v Maryland.
I don’t see a solution unless we play Casey a lot more than we are.
We have much better inside presence this year with Omier than we had last season. Yeh, Sam was 6'10 but played a lot smaller in terms of being able to bang inside.

Advertisement
Sure, I am disappointed with the outcome of today's game. Roach makes Duke better but they are not that good. They look good on paper and that is about it. I was not impressed.
Wong and Poplar were not themselves today and Omier didn't play as big are he normally does.
With that being said, I fully expect Miami to beat Duke by 20 when they play again in 3 weeks for Big Monday, if they even call it that anymore.
I still think Big Monday belongs to the Big East.
Unfortunately, I think Poplar was himself. He plays 20+ minutes a game, delivers little scoring in ACC competition.

Today might've been our best day all season shooting the 3 ball. 10 for 21 (48%).

Our bench again provided little. A combined 3-15. Joseph's confounding shooting slump continues.

3 losses by a total of 10 points. This team is young. Would love another big man to complement Omier.
I think its Casey. He’s the only one on the current roster who can provide the height inside. Duke had too many 2nd and 3rd chances once one of their big guys established inside position.

Advertisement
I'm not going back to read this thread, but a couple of points

Not going to win at Cameron if Wong has 1 point through the first 35 minutes. We're better than Duke, but blew this game just like we blew the NC State and GT games. I'm not usually upset with a lose at Duke, but this game is going to sting. We have to bounce back quickly and it sucks that we have 2 more road games in a row because road games in the ACC against anyone but Louisville are tough games.

Oof some of the hot takes on this thread are cringe worthy.

I’m gonna tell those people a little secret, something maybe they hadn’t heard.

Other schools give scholarships and pay their coaches to win.

Advertisement
Pending Clemson-VT, the important ACC matchups today have gone in our favor.

• Pitt drops to 6-3 after a home loss to FSU (5-4)
• UVA (7-2) beat Wake (6-3); we own head to head v UVA with no rematch
• UNC now 6-3, NC State 5-4

Proud of the team today. They weren’t rattled by atmosphere. Miller, Pack, Omier played great games. Wanted more from Wong, he’s in a slump.

Must win against FSU. We haven’t beat them in years. They’re playing better so expecting a battle, plus it’s on the road.

Pending Clemson-VT, the important ACC matchups today have gone in our favor.

• Pitt drops to 6-3 after a home loss to FSU (5-4)
• UVA (7-2) beat Wake (6-3); we own head to head v UVA with no rematch
• UNC now 6-3, NC State 5-4

Proud of the team today. They weren’t rattled by atmosphere. Miller, Pack, Omier played great games. Wanted more from Wong, he’s in a slump.

Must win against FSU. We haven’t beat them in years. They’re playing better so expecting a battle, plus it’s on the road.
Agree FSU is the proverbial thorn in the side. And I’m not surprised we played well at Duke. Guys on Natl TV were Wong friendly and if Wong just showed up a bit more it might have made the difference. However the refs would have found some way to get in our way. It’s not enough Duke has Cameron as a distinct advantage pathetically they need the refs too.🤔

Lmaoooo you have the most annoying shtick on here. All you do is whine about Miami fans. So why the fcuck are you on a Miami fan site you twerp? And then every other post you mention your alumni status like anyone gives a sh.it. I have two degrees from Miami plus two certifications and I don’t flaunt that to show that somehow I “care more” because it’s my alma mater. No one gives two sh.its what you say, crawl back in your hole “dude”
When the idiots stop posting cringe worthy nonsense week after week, I'll stop making them the butt of the joke. It's not about whether someone went to Miami, there are some fans on here that never stepped foot on campus a day in their lives, but they keep a close eye on the program, have been doing so for YEARS and bring nuanced, well reasoned takes. Unfortunately, they are being drowned out by people that bring the same toxic crap over from football and we have to wade through it. It's almost a certainty that whenever this team loses, or isn't winning by 30+, people are going to run to stupid narratives, facts and logic be damned. It's not even criticism with a hint of rationality, it's "Everyone sucks, L is trash, this team is falling apart".

We've literally read in this thread "We need more from Pack", like he didn't give Miami a ton today. Like I said before, the fact that our fanbase has a large enough percentage of Miami football/duke basketball fans to where it's become a running joke is beyond pathetic. Oh well, Miami has to get themselves right before FSU, need to get that monkey off our back(And before someone throws a hissy fit, that phrase is common, and is NOT a statement about the FSU basketball team or program as a whole)

Advertisement
Agree FSU is the proverbial thorn in the side. And I’m not surprised we played well at Duke. Guys on Natl TV were Wong friendly and if Wong just showed up a bit more it might have made the difference. However the refs would have found some way to get in our way. It’s not enough Duke has Cameron as a distinct advantage pathetically they need the refs too.🤔
Duke was desperate, and even with Refball, Miami with Wong hitting season averages, wins by multiple possessions.

When the idiots stop posting cringe worthy nonsense week after week... it's "Everyone sucks, L is trash, this team is falling apart".
The Canes have now just lost 3 out of 5 winnable games, and for the most part have not looked very good trying. Our top players have frequently been at best "inconsistent" and at times awful...

...more importantly ATM, there have been maybe 2 or 3 posters (out of dozens) that pop in and drop a handful of toxic grenades at the worst of times; most others carefully watch and critique and point out the flaws and foibles (and positive things) with informed judgment. It is totally inaccurately exaggerated to suggest there is an abundance of idiots and comments such as "everyone sucks, L is trash, team is falling apart"... if anything seems cringe-worthy, annoying, and toxic, it's the likes of you and a couple others constantly attacking fellow Cane fans with reckless abandon.

The Canes have now just lost 3 out of 5 winnable games, and for the most part have not looked very good trying. Our top players have frequently been at best "inconsistent" and at times awful...

...more importantly ATM, there have been maybe 2 or 3 posters (out of dozens) that pop in and drop a handful of toxic grenades at the worst of times; most others carefully watch and critique and point out the flaws and foibles (and positive things) with informed judgment. It is totally inaccurately exaggerated to suggest there is an abundance of idiots and comments such as "everyone sucks, L is trash, team is falling apart"... if anything seems cringe-worthy, annoying, and toxic, it's the likes of you and a couple others constantly attacking fellow Cane fans with reckless abandon.

Eh I’m not sure that part is fair. GT was bad. NCSU had some rough patches but they’re a good team in their house and we came up just short.

Duke is a ridiculously talented team that shot well in their house today and we stayed with them step for step.

It’s true that close don’t cut it, and we absolutely need to start closing and winning these kind of games… but I certainly don’t think today (or even NCSU) is a reason to be discouraged.

… but I certainly don’t think today (or even NCSU) is a reason to be discouraged.
agreed! Certainly don't need to be discouraged, as we are in the thick of it mathematically, still early, and just a bit of tightening up might see these results coming more our way! However, disappointed with recent performances and outcomes...

...I mostly suggest "some" posters try to limit their "takes" more to the team and their exploits, not what other posters think or say or what their IQ or personality is. In turn, I would do the same, but right now tired of their harping on this overblown and unfair angle.

Advertisement
Back