Canes vs Duke

Our repetitive issues is our inability to get defensive rebounds against tall teams. Same thing happened v Maryland.
I don’t see a solution unless we play Casey a lot more than we are.

They really need to get Casey more burn... size is an issue with this team

Advertisement
What team is young? Duke?

Miami is 28th in the country in D1 experience. None of our top 8 guys off the bench is a freshman. Miami is not young by any standard.

Yes, we have some freshmen on the roster. So does everyone.
We have a senior and 3 juniors. Everyone else is a freshman and soph. I forgot about the extra Covid year.

Advertisement
Why not? That's what we thought last year and he still came back. He's been good but not great this year. If he gets a big NIL check, he might stick around.
Yes, he was under the weather today. He has not played well of late, but he has had an all-conference first team season.

Guess he is playing overseas then. He’s not an NBA player.
Disagree. The kid has picked up his game from a distribution level and in the NBA you have to be able to create your own shoot. That he does. He can play overseas and make millions per year if the NBA does not work out.

Advertisement
Disagree. The kid has picked up his game from a distribution level and in the NBA you have to be able to create your own shoot. That he does. He can play overseas and make millions per year if the NBA does not work out.
Ok whatever you say

Dude shut up 😂 you keep going like this after every loss Ima ask you to post a video doing a left hand layup
A lot of our "Fans" most of whom are Duke fans to begin with have the basketball knowledge of a fruit fly. Duke is likely going to end up in the NCAAT, losing to them by 2 on the road doesn't hurt Miami at all.
Lmaoooo you have the most annoying shtick on here. All you do is whine about Miami fans. So why the fcuck are you on a Miami fan site you twerp? And then every other post you mention your alumni status like anyone gives a sh.it. I have two degrees from Miami plus two certifications and I don’t flaunt that to show that somehow I “care more” because it’s my alma mater. No one gives two sh.its what you say, crawl back in your hole “dude”

Advertisement
Wong averaged 20% FG in 4 of the last six games. When your best player on a team with other failings goes soft, lucky to be 3-3 in that stretch.
Someone said he’s having a first team all conference type season. Last time I checked first teamers don’t average 20% in 4 of the last 6.

If there is any such thing as a good loss this is it. Every single thing stacked against us and we still had a chance to win with a minute left.

Effort like today and we win 22-24 games…maybe a 3 seed and another 8-16 run is def possible
Disagree. We’ve been having these type of wake up loses for the past 3 weeks. We are just not playing good right now and Wong is a big part of that.

Advertisement
Someone said he’s having a first team all conference type season. Last time I checked first teamers don’t average 20% in 4 of the last 6.

Yes they do. That's cherry picking.

He's shooting 39% over that rough stretch. Tons of good players have 6 game stretches in January shooting 39%.

In fact, just last year, Kam McGusty - who you may recall made the 1st team - shot exactly 39% in 6 games from January 22 to February 9. Guess you didn't actually check!

It's a long season. Players are going to have ups and downs, even the good ones. Hopefully he gets going soon. But more importantly, hopefully he plays well in March

We have major issues in crunch time. Undeniable.

How do you explain making huge plays down the stretch vs Cuse in crunch time just a few days ago? Ending the Rutgers game on a 7-0 run to win by 7? Ending the NC St game on a 6-1 run to win by 7?

We've had some poor late performances, and we've had some good ones. If you look at any tiny sample of basketball, every team is going to have good ones, and every team is going to have bad ones. In the last few minutes this season, we've had our share of both.

Sure, I am disappointed with the outcome of today's game. Roach makes Duke better but they are not that good. They look good on paper and that is about it. I was not impressed.
Wong and Poplar were not themselves today and Omier didn't play as big are he normally does.
With that being said, I fully expect Miami to beat Duke by 20 when they play again in 3 weeks for Big Monday, if they even call it that anymore.
I still think Big Monday belongs to the Big East.

Last edited:
They really need to get Casey more burn... size is an issue with this team
Agree. And everyone could see that from before the season began.

I'm not sure Casey is ready to compete from a physical standpoint but he is the only one to turn to. Aire has the body to play now, his skills are just not refined enough yet.

Advertisement
Back