Canes vs Cuse

Without reading all 17 pages, were pages 3-14 posters saying we suck and players are garbage?
I think I know who you are talking about lol I didn’t see any of his porsts. But a few of us were frustrated on how this team has performed over the last couple of weeks. Wong had a bad game and just doesn’t know when to stop taking threes. Basically Pack, Omier, Miller, and Beverly were the reasons we won.

Advertisement
Yeah, ever since the ACC schedule started in earnest, he's dropped off with his shooting for sure.
I think L is gonna roll with the hot hand down the stretch in games. He usually takes Poplar out and goes with Joseph but yesterday went with Beverly. Poplar did hit a big 3 and got us a couple big rebounds towards the end I’ll give him that.

How was the atmosphere?
Couple hundred Cuse fans. Crowd was mostly quiet until last 8 minutes or so. Made a difference down the stretch Becoming a real event for students.
Have you noticed all the student sections around the country who actually STAND and cheer for the ENTIRE game? We're a long way from that but I'll take it. The place seems MUCH more electric this year. Kudos to the students and everyone else who turned out on a Monday night.
True but in many arenas the students sit on bleachers. Ours sit on chairbacks. Why stand? Haha.

I think I know who you are talking about lol I didn’t see any of his porsts. But a few of us were frustrated on how this team has performed over the last couple of weeks. Wong had a bad game and just doesn’t know when to stop taking threes. Basically Pack, Omier, Miller, and Beverly were the reasons we won.

We played like this last year for a large part of the season, but for the most part kept winning. We should be 17-1, 8-0 now, and those two losses will be the difference in seeding at the end of year, but for the most part, I'm fine with 15-3, 6-2.

We played like this last year for a large part of the season, but for the most part kept winning. We should be 17-1, 8-0 now, and those two losses will be the difference in seeding at the end of year, but for the most part, I'm fine with 15-3, 6-2.
Yep two losses by 8 total points. I said this in a previous post that the Ga Tech ****es me off still.

I think I jumped the gun saying last years team would roll this years. Obviously we will hold judgement until the end of the year. Last years team had 5 capable starters but a weak bench. This years team has 4 capable starters and some bench help (Joseph, Casey, and Beverly). But Pack is basically one dimensional and Wong has had some rough games this year.

Advertisement
Couple hundred Cuse fans. Crowd was mostly quiet until last 8 minutes or so. Made a difference down the stretch. Becoming a real event for students.
That's what it sounded and looked like on TV. It's a start, but I wish the fans would be more engaged the whole game and not just at the end.

Couple hundred Cuse fans. Crowd was mostly quiet until last 8 minutes or so. Made a difference down the stretch Becoming a real event for students.

True but in many arenas the students sit on bleachers. Ours sit on chairbacks. Why stand? Haha.
I was surprised by how few Syracuse fans there were. I’m usually surrounded by them, but it seemed like a good chunk of the single game buyers around me were supporting us for a change.

Advertisement
Wong got his 2nd foul 5 minutes in and his 3rd 2 minutes into the second half. That impacted his play. We were terrific on the offensive glass in the second half. Rebounded really well in the second half overall. We had 11 turnovers. Cuse had 9.
I know how to read a box score. Plus I watched the game. I’m not sure what your point is. Was there something I said you thought was inaccurate?

Last 2 games we’ve been out rebounded on offensive glass 31/20.
Last 2 games we’ve had 28 TO our opponents 15.
Wongs last 5 games
9pts shot 12%
25pts shot 77%
22pts shot 77%
6pts shot 9%
15pts shot 36%
So yeah I’d say Wongs been inconsistent.
But like I said I’m sure glad we pulled it out!

Advertisement
I know how to read a box score. Plus I watched the game. I’m not sure what your point is. Was there something I said you thought was inaccurate?

Last 2 games we’ve been out rebounded on offensive glass 31/20.
Last 2 games we’ve had 28 TO our opponents 15.
Wongs last 5 games
9pts shot 12%
25pts shot 77%
22pts shot 77%
6pts shot 9%
15pts shot 36%
So yeah I’d say Wongs been inconsistent.
But like I said I’m sure glad we pulled it out!
If we get some consistency out of Wong this team will make a run.

We need Casey back asap.. if nothing all, to get a couple of fouls from the opposing big man
Agree. Many of us have said getting Pack on track was key to determining this team's ceiling. Actually, having Casey and/or Watson step up as we head for the last half of ACC play could also be just as significant.

How long is Casey gonna be out?

Agree. Many of us have said getting Pack on track was key to determining this team's ceiling. Actually, having Casey and/or Watson step up as we head for the last half of ACC play could also be just as significant.

I thought he was day to day and that was before the BC game.

Advertisement

Would be nice to see Watson get more time. L needs to tell Walker to not take anymore shots outside of 15 feet unless you are wide open.

Advertisement
Back