Canes vs Cuse

Advertisement
Pumped we came back and won. Loved Norchads block at the end! He is everything I hoped he’d be.

Miller needs to be more involved on Offense.

Turnovers are a HUGE problem. Give so many possessions away.

Giving up too many Offensive rebounds.

I’d keep Beverly coming off bench.

Wong is so inconsistent. Very frustrating. His effort is always good though.

Nice to see Pack hit some big shots.

We have the potential for a sweet 16 run.
Definitely not as good as last year.

Pumped we came back and won. Loved Norchads block at the end! He is everything I hoped he’d be.

Miller needs to be more involved on Offense.

Turnovers are a HUGE problem. Give so many possessions away.

Giving up too many Offensive rebounds.

I’d keep Beverly coming off bench.

Wong is so inconsistent. Very frustrating. His effort is always good though.

Nice to see Pack hit some big shots.

We have the potential for a sweet 16 run.
Definitely not as good as last year.
Wong got his 2nd foul 5 minutes in and his 3rd 2 minutes into the second half. That impacted his play. We were terrific on the offensive glass in the second half. Rebounded really well in the second half overall. We had 11 turnovers. Cuse had 9.

Was at game, just a few thoughts:

looked good in beginning of 1st half. Thought it was important to get pack going early. Miller is just so crafty I’ve said it before but I think he’s our most important player. High bball IQ. Cuse is a good team, I think they’re a tourney team and they had won their last 9/10. Williams was a problem, Gerard is on parentes (uva) and Grayson Allen levels of annoying…13 for them also had a nice game. Omier is a beast and Beverly was great down the stretch and I thought poplar had some good athletic boards. Cuse lost that game kinda like we lost the GT game. Also lots of cuse fans in the building so was nice to shut them up. Good win and awesome grit showed going into the duke game.
Team feds off the student section. Last 8 minutes crowd was really into it.

Was at game, just a few thoughts:

looked good in beginning of 1st half. Thought it was important to get pack going early. Miller is just so crafty I’ve said it before but I think he’s our most important player. High bball IQ. Cuse is a good team, I think they’re a tourney team and they had won their last 9/10. Williams was a problem, Gerard is on parentes (uva) and Grayson Allen levels of annoying…13 for them also had a nice game. Omier is a beast and Beverly was great down the stretch and I thought poplar had some good athletic boards. Cuse lost that game kinda like we lost the GT game. Also lots of cuse fans in the building so was nice to shut them up. Good win and awesome grit showed going into the duke game.
How was the atmosphere?

Advertisement
This is going to sound like I’m hating or down on the team and it’s not that…so maybe I’m phrasing this wrong but we are not fun to watch right now. The last 2 weeks or so. Everything is struggle. We aren’t good defensively, and we seem to take bad shots at the worst times.

My hope is like last year we really get rolling in February and March
15-3, 6-2 isn't "rolling?"

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see how they do against Unc and Duke. Last years team rolled UNC and beat Duke at Duke. Unc and Duke are down this year so that’s the only thing going for us.
We, and other teams, should be so "down, " what with UNC and Duke still rolling out a half dozen or more McDs AA players.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Was also at the game turn out was pretty decent but we just didn't get loud until the last few minutes of the game. Lots of Cuse fans nice to see the sad looks on their faces heading back to -20F. Wong played like he just didn't want the shot all night was he sick?

Team feds off the student section. Last 8 minutes crowd was really into it.
Have you noticed all the student sections around the country who actually STAND and cheer for the ENTIRE game? We're a long way from that but I'll take it. The place seems MUCH more electric this year. Kudos to the students and everyone else who turned out on a Monday night.

We are playing our worst basketball of the season right now and still finding ways to win.

Think about what has happened the last 4 games.

Worst shooting game of season.
Wooga having his best game of the year gets hurt and can’t come back in.
Omier plays about 15 minutes.
Sloppiest game of the year. 17 TO.
Wong barley plays half a game.

We went 2-2 during that stretch. We’ve got to get out of this funk and start putting together some consistent games. If we want to win the ACC we need to finish this month 4-0 and that starts this weekend against a Duke team that is either going to be desperate for a win or one that is giving up on Scheyer.

Advertisement
I have said recently all we should do right now is "just win" but we dont look good lets be honest. I dont mean style point wins. I just mean this team has some really big flaws(I know most teams do obviously) but I think are flaws are much larger and much more glaring. ....thankfully its a team that just doesnt panic and we are overcoming them. The next 4 games to finish out January is an interesting stretch. @Duke, @FSU, @Pitt then hosting Va Tech. 1 Good team, 1 rival, then 2 teams that are right on that "if we dont get it together quick we are going to the NIT if we are lucky.

I'm hoping Pack turned a corner last night...that is likely the bump we need.

I have said recently all we should do right now is "just win" but we dont look good lets be honest. I dont mean style point wins. I just mean this team has some really big flaws(I know most teams do obviously) but I think are flaws are much larger and much more glaring. ....thankfully its a team that just doesnt panic and we are overcoming them. The next 4 games to finish out January is an interesting stretch. @Duke, @FSU, @Pitt then hosting Va Tech. 1 Good team, 1 rival, then 2 teams that are right on that "if we dont get it together quick we are going to the NIT if we are lucky.

I'm hoping Pack turned a corner last night...that is likely the bump we need.

Pitt is tied for 2nd in league standings and has probably played the toughest slate of ACC games of anyone this far (NCSU, SU, UNC, UVA, Clemson, Duke, and GT).

Pitt might be the good team from your description… but Duke is dangerous as heck.

Looking at the stats:

- Omier 16/16 --Now, that's a great double/double. Hits the boards hard on both ends of the court. 5 TOs only neg.

- Pack Looked more relaxed getting his shot. Showed off that NBA + range.

- Beverly Needs to get the start (as many others here have said) over Poplar. He's earned it.

- FT Shooting was CLUTCH. We took 28 FTs (made 25); Cuse only went to the line 17 times (making 14). We were +11 on FTs. This is where we put the game away.

- 6'11 Edwards was tough. 25 pts and 11 boards is a great night by any standard. Going in, I was expecting Omier to foul out defending him but ... Norchad only got whistled 3 x. Thankfully, Girard's 3 point shot was way off (1 for 8).

Advertisement
Back