Canes vs Cuse

Oddsmakers list Miami -7 to take down the Orange. Miami needs to get back to its winning ways or a quick exit out of the Top 20. This would be a huge win for the Cuse to get them in a position to be relevant.

Advertisement
This is a must win to move to 6-2 in ACC before a likely loss on Saturday to Duke at Cameron. They’ll have a week to prepare, rest, and they won’t be ranked so they’ll have motivation.

ACC play is getting exciting. Our schedule is tough. Top of of ACC roundup:
• Clemson: @ Wake, home vs VT
• Pitt: @ Louisville, home vs FSU
• UVA: home vs VT, @ Wake
• Wake: home vs Clemson and UVA
• Cuse: @ Miami and GT
• NC State: @ GT and UNC
• Duke: home vs Miami
• UNC: home vs BC and NC State

This is a must win to move to 6-2 in ACC before a likely loss on Saturday to Duke at Cameron. They’ll have a week to prepare, rest, and they won’t be ranked so they’ll have motivation.

Likely loss?

I mean I don’t expect to win, but Duke is bleh. We play our A game, we win. They are so limited offensively.

But that’s for another time. Let’s take down ‘Cuse

Likely loss?

I mean I don’t expect to win, but Duke is bleh. We play our A game, we win. They are so limited offensively.

But that’s for another time. Let’s take down ‘Cuse
Oh, I agree. I definitely think we can win. Coach L has a great track record vs. Duke. Just think it’ll be difficult to the circumstances I mentioned in my post.

As a fan, I look at the schedule and see difficult games and can see how they’d be tossups/L’s. This isn’t football where winning every game is possible and should happen (especially in ACC play). Basketball is so variable for a variety of reasons. I like to play out likely scenarios and go from there.

You’re right though. Focus on tonight. Go Canes!

Advertisement
Should be fun to see how Coach L works against a 2-3 zone. I’d like to see any one of Miller, Wong or Pack catch the ball at the free throw line. Miller is probably the best because of his height.
The concern is if the zone gets us taking too many 3 pointers.

Cuse has been better this season than I expected. 5-2 in the ACC. Won 9 of last 11 games.

Stopping 6'11 Jesse Edwards will be a tall order (pun intended). Mintz looks like possibly the ACC Frosh of the Year at this point, and Joe Girard is a very experienced, high quality guard.

Miami historically does good at Duke.

Advertisement
We will beat Duke.. they are very mediocre this year.
Cuse worries me more because of our tendency to jack up unnecessary number of threes like at GT

Keep your heads on a swivel tonight , let me know if you see anybody you recognize…..
61B7A9F9-AC50-42D2-B74C-5CF3519B0EE5.gif

The 🐐 over there just stunting on all the mopes.

ACCN 7PM (612 on DirecTV)

We have been quite fortunate to stay in the Top 20 while losing 2 of last 3, due to how other losses shook out. But if a 7 point underdog makes it 3 of 4 losses, and at home, we are dog doo....

LETS GO CANES!

Advertisement
Bounce pass to Omier is open every time Miller gets the ball at the FT line.
But by turning around he gives the defense a chance to recover.

Advertisement
Good refs so far are not giving Edwards any extra coddling... Omier has his hands full otherwise. Good start!

Advertisement
Back