Canes vs Corn

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can ban Queen of Spades now, right mods? Check this thread for all you need to know about that troll.

Advertisement
You know what, I hadn't even thought of that. We had two TDs taken off the board, and a CRITICAL 3rd down catch called incomplete. THAT is how Nebraska got back into it. Oh, and Golden doing his best to help them out.
In all fairness to this terrible staff, decent officiating and Nebraska never gets close. That catch they called incomplete was a catch. I think back to UF and that catch against us in 2008. SEC officials called it a catch. Big10 officials call a MUCH clearer catch incomplete. Conference officials MUCH BE done away with. If we're going to be under the NCAA banner, we should at least have NCAA officials. Never mind, that would be even uglier. Then we'd get hosed EVERY week, as opposed to 3 out of 4.

Anyway, that catch was the dagger, and the refs pulled it right out and jabbed it in our eye. As much as I hate Golden and company, I hate opposing conference officials even more. Ok, maybe not quite, but it's pretty darn close.

Also, remember.... it was Big 10 officials that stole our 6th title away. Never forget that.

The rushing TD by Walton was also a poor call. Odogwu pancaked the defensive player. It was not a hold, no outstretched arms grabbing the defensive player. It certainly was no tackle, regardless what the ESPN guy said. And then, you can't tell me that there were no holds when the Neb. QB was scrabbling. Is it true that the refs were from the Big 10? If so, that explains a lot. I also think that Bush got a bad deal.

Nevertheless, well coached teams recover from these problems instead of Folden.

In all fairness to this terrible staff, decent officiating and Nebraska never gets close. That catch they called incomplete was a catch. I think back to UF and that catch against us in 2008. SEC officials called it a catch. Big10 officials call a MUCH clearer catch incomplete. Conference officials MUCH BE done away with. If we're going to be under the NCAA banner, we should at least have NCAA officials. Never mind, that would be even uglier. Then we'd get hosed EVERY week, as opposed to 3 out of 4.

Anyway, that catch was the dagger, and the refs pulled it right out and jabbed it in our eye. As much as I hate Golden and company, I hate opposing conference officials even more. Ok, maybe not quite, but it's pretty darn close.

Also, remember.... it was Big 10 officials that stole our 6th title away. Never forget that.

The rushing TD by Walton was also a poor call. Odogwu pancaked the defensive player. It was not a hold, no outstretched arms grabbing the defensive player. It certainly was no tackle, regardless what the ESPN guy said. And then, you can't tell me that there were no holds when the Neb. QB was scrabbling. Is it true that the refs were from the Big 10? If so, that explains a lot. I also think that Bush got a bad deal.

A great Coach, one who has won the big ones at college and pro level, said (paraphrasing): "Don't let it get so close that the the refs can decide the game"

It almost feels like a loss.
Refs definitely kept this game close
Someone needs to resurrect George Patton because we need to teach this staff about how to finishish off a battle.

Advertisement

Oh yeah we are a top 10 team. Of course we are well coached. :4e49C5euykr1O.jpg:

Honestly, I can partially excuse the targeting calls and even Folden's sideline penalty. I want to see that aggressiveness, that evil reputation that was good for 7-10 points before the game even started. Everything else, is just poor coaching made worse by poor officiating. Golden should start looking for a real estate agent. Better yet, he should consider becoming a real estate agent. He certainly is no football coach.

While I tend to agree, when the refs are taking points off the board, and calling complete passes incomplete on 3rd down late in the game, it's kind of hard to put a team away. I dislike Golden as much as a lot of you, but this was almost the most epic ***** job we've gotten since the Fiesta Bowl. Big 10 officiating has a hard on for beating Miami, and it goes back 30+ years.

A great Coach, one who has won the big ones at college and pro level, said (paraphrasing): "Don't let it get so close that the the refs can decide the game"

Advertisement
I think theshould targeting suspension should get reversed
I can't believe the announcers said Kirby is leader of the defense, its clearly always been Bush any time he goes out the defense collapses embarrassingly

Last edited:
Golden says "big win". Announcer says " not a pretty win" I say pathetic !
A man would have said we should have and could have locked this game up in the 3rd Q. My mistake cost us 15 yards, and me wanting to run up the score by not running the ball was stupid and I apologize to all Cane fans.

Foking unbelievable.

Fly the banner!

Great quote, CaneFan79. Spot on.

I think theshould targeting suspension should get reversed
I can't believe the announcers said Kirby is leader of the defense, its clearly always been Bush any time he goes out the defense collapses embarrassingly

Can the targeting penalty be appealed after the game?

Advertisement
Andrea Adelson
ESPN Staff Writer

Miami coach Al Golden telling reporters he told players to be happy about being 3-0. "Good win." Said attacking mind-set got Miami in trouble, specifically pointing to third-and-7 play that ended with an INT.

LMAOOOOO

Andrea Adelson
ESPN Staff Writer

Miami coach Al Golden telling reporters he told players to be happy about being 3-0. "Good win." Said attacking mind-set got Miami in trouble, specifically pointing to third-and-7 play that ended with an INT.

LMAOOOOO

There is a difference between another coach attacking mindset and Al Golden Attacking mindset lol

Andrea Adelson
ESPN Staff Writer

LMAOOOOO

Good grief! Is this guy for real?

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back