Canes vs Corn

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all fairness to this terrible staff, decent officiating and Nebraska never gets close. That catch they called incomplete was a catch. I think back to UF and that catch against us in 2008. SEC officials called it a catch. Big10 officials call a MUCH clearer catch incomplete. Conference officials MUCH BE done away with. If we're going to be under the NCAA banner, we should at least have NCAA officials. Never mind, that would be even uglier. Then we'd get hosed EVERY week, as opposed to 3 out of 4.

Anyway, that catch was the dagger, and the refs pulled it right out and jabbed it in our eye. As much as I hate Golden and company, I hate opposing conference officials even more. Ok, maybe not quite, but it's pretty darn close.

Also, remember.... it was Big 10 officials that stole our 6th title away. Never forget that.

Without Goldens sideline penalty they do not score either. It was not the refs, it was Golden's poor coaching that kept this game so close

Advertisement
In all fairness to this terrible staff, decent officiating and Nebraska never gets close. That catch they called incomplete was a catch. I think back to UF and that catch against us in 2008. SEC officials called it a catch. Big10 officials call a MUCH clearer catch incomplete. Conference officials MUCH BE done away with. If we're going to be under the NCAA banner, we should at least have NCAA officials. Never mind, that would be even uglier. Then we'd get hosed EVERY week, as opposed to 3 out of 4.

Anyway, that catch was the dagger, and the refs pulled it right out and jabbed it in our eye. As much as I hate Golden and company, I hate opposing conference officials even more. Ok, maybe not quite, but it's pretty darn close.

Also, remember.... it was Big 10 officials that stole our 6th title away. Never forget that.

Isn't the replay officials suppossed to be ACC if on field is BIG? Oh, never mind it was probably Good ole' Ron Cherry

Advertisement

Without Goldens sideline penalty they do not score either. It was not the refs, it was Golden's poor coaching that kept this game so close

Also good points. Refs sucked but so did Golden

After that non-catch call, I heard on TV "OFFICIALS SUCK!"

Advertisement
Not sure, but a good question. They weren't even going to review the darn thing until we called a timeout and begged for one. How the HECK is that not an automatic review?

Isn't the replay officials suppossed to be ACC if on field is BIG? Oh, never mind it was probably Good ole' Ron Cherry

Without Goldens sideline penalty they do not score either. It was not the refs, it was Golden's poor coaching that kept this game so close[/QUOTE]

One could also point to that bs holding call on dobard. It was holding dude was just bulling him. And that horrible none touching the punter

Advertisement

The rushing TD by Walton was also a poor call. Odogwu pancaked the defensive player. It was not a hold, no outstretched arms grabbing the defensive player. It certainly was no tackle, regardless what the ESPN guy said. And then, you can't tell me that there were no holds when the Neb. QB was scrabbling. Is it true that the refs were from the Big 10? If so, that explains a lot. I also think that Bush got a bad deal.

Nevertheless, well coached teams recover from these problems instead of Folden.

Agreed.

Also good points. Refs sucked but so did Golden

Advertisement
I am happy we won but **** there is no excuse about not having the talent we have that and more but this coaching is horrible....

**** it. I hope the slurpers, Gators, Noles, etc. get what they want and Golden wins 10+ and gets a lifetime extension. You all deserve Golden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back