Canes vs Bulls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
It looks like coach Golden agreed with many of you here. Williams back at QB.

plus rep to everyone when if I reread this thread.

And, Williams goes on to dive down to avoid a sack, get rushed out of the pocket, and just throw a one step fade route. 3rd stringers have a way of making things look sloppy for QBs, huh?

Clearly, but Im still going to disagree with you on Crow. He's got a decent arm, but that's ALL Ive seen from him. Guy looks totally lost back there IMO. About the only thing they trust him to do is a few roll outs, and he couldnt even do that right. Williams isnt going to set the world on fire, but he's smart and minimizes mistakes. Also looks INFINITELY more poised back there than Crow does.

What? There's nothing to disagree on. I don't think he's a good QB. I don't think he's ready to do anything for us. Williams should look more poised. He's a 22 year old 4th year guy. But, you're making judgments while Williams gets put back in his place and suddenly looks like he sucks, too? It's ridiculous to make judgments about what any of these guys do in these spots.

My thoughts exactly play the bench guys but use your playbook. Running three times and punting is not the move as someone mentioned earlier.

Advertisement
All the people begging us to run up the score:

Golden is thinking long term. These reps are invaluable for the bench players. Rather than running a train on a team that we'd beaten before the 1st Q ended we're getting key backups and young players time out on the field.

That will pay dividends later in the season if someone goes down and definitely next year when people leave.

The only benefits of keeping the starters in are the betting lines and chest thumping.

i don't think anyone is complaining about playing the bench players, i think people are just wondering what experience the bench players are actually getting if we just run straight handoffs three plays and then punt every drive

We have backups in on both sides of the ball. Also on STs.

We've thrown two INTs so clearly we're not just handing it off.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Seriously Burns?
Gonna give up a trash time TD too.
Ugly end to this game.

Advertisement
My thoughts exactly play the bench guys but use your playbook. Running three times and punting is not the move as someone mentioned earlier.

Exactly
When these guys become first stringers they will be running a play book
The REAL ONE

All the people begging us to run up the score:

Golden is thinking long term. These reps are invaluable for the bench players. Rather than running a train on a team that we'd beaten before the 1st Q ended we're getting key backups and young players time out on the field.

That will pay dividends later in the season if someone goes down and definitely next year when people leave.

The only benefits of keeping the starters in are the betting lines and chest thumping.

i don't think anyone is complaining about playing the bench players, i think people are just wondering what experience the bench players are actually getting if we just run straight handoffs three plays and then punt every drive

We have backups in on both sides of the ball. Also on STs.

We've thrown two INTs so clearly we're not just handing it off.

before my post the second interception hadn't happened yet. And the first int was gray crows only throw on that drive and it was a vanilla screen

you saw my point

i didn't say i agreed with those posters, i was just explaining what i thought they were complaining about

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back