Canes vs. Bama 2021 Opener

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
That was the most time King had all game and probably will have all year..... And he do that... Smh yeah man. Put in Garcia.

I’m ****ed don’t get me wrong… but honestly, Bama does this to every SEC team, so it’s honestly whatever . There’s 4 teams running college football anymore. Might as well get used to it.
This is going to be the excuse used by Manny… today was just a result of playing Alabama.

The problem for Manny is that today followed the exact same pattern of UM looking unprepared and getting destroyed in big games… Clemson, UNC, first part of the bowl game last year, etc.

And even though Alabama is Alabama they were still breaking in an almost entirely new offense today with a QB making his first start… while UM has a 6 year senior at QB with 30+ previous career starts and it made no difference.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Been saying it for years, many been here SIX YEARS, lucked into shaq and co as true freshman and hasnt bought one impact lb since!! AT MIAMI!!! How can we not have a single true impact lb in SIX YEARS, wtfff.. I see lesser level teams with guys who make plays.. we actually have a tradition at the position..
It’s mind boggling…Once Shaq started regressing I knew we were in trouble…Manny is not it..

Ok lets talk this through:

Bad Calls against us

RT holds twice and refs don't call it negating 2 safeties and bryce young pops a 94 yrd td (5 point swing their way)
Redding gets held and there's no PI call (and a possible targeting call afterwards) they get another touchdown on that drive (7 point swing their way and this doesnt take into consideration that we could have scored on that drive)

Bad Calls against them:

PI on the deep route at the end of the first half (3) point swing for us

So that's a 9 point swing their way making this game 32-13 right now. Not great but you have to put it into context. Ohio State lost 52-24 last year. Yes they were better last year but its bama they're not going to be that far off. Do you think anyone else in the acc outside of clemson would put up a better fight? Maybe UNC but I don't know anymore after yesterday.
I'm trying to keep things into perspective. Our guys are still playing hard which is a good sign. I think with better play calling in the 1st half on both sides of the ball would have made it a 14-17 point game.

We have a lot of work to do, but the guys are fighting which is a good sign.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back