Canes vs. Bama 2021 Opener

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Defense has been bad too. The missed tackles. It’s hard to match up athlete for athlete against Bama. The zone is necessary just have to tackle for small gains and play the next down
They have not been small gains, nor have they been tackling.

Except he's the only one that can stay on the field.
mind boggling. he should be used to give Don and Jaylon (when he gets back) a breather or short yardage situations. when he runs east and west i wanna kill myself

On the bright side, there are maybe two teams that can keep Bama to a <14 point victory. They are that good, and they remain the standard until Nicky croaks or retires, whichever comes first.

On the dark side, I don't see much improvement in our squad. I see two more regular season losses easily.

Until we can string together 4 consecutives Top 10 classes AND bring in some better coaches and analysts, our ceiling is a perennial 9-3 team. Competitive, but far far away from the elites.

In that game, it was — talent at the QB position. That Tulane quarterback played out of his mind.
Tulane is probably 95-115 in recruiting every year. Oklahoma is top 5 every year. Effort shows on tape not stars.

Advertisement
And whose fault is that? Did Manny pick his scheme out of a hat and was forced to stick with it? Were did these players just randomly pop up on campus and Manny was forced to give them scholarships?

Nick Young Reaction GIF

Advertisement
I just don’t want to see King get hit too many times. I have a feeling Bama is going to turn on some serious heat….

Also, I’m not sure if this was mentioned before, but on my mama, ever since Diaz has been DC, we’ve made **** near all new QBs look like future Heisman trophy winners.
Rinse, wash, repeat… never fails.

Another coach isn't changing Miami and what really solid coach would want to coach in Miami. Yall act like this is still a top tier job. Keep firing coaches still doesn't guarantee us a good coach.

You don't need a top tier coach to bring us back to winning the coastal. You get an above average coach. Load up with high 3 stars and a bunch of 4 stars from south Florida. Constantly win the coastal. Start getting more 4 stars and a 5 star here and there. Get rid of the coach and then hire a good one.

Advertisement
Poor playcalling by Lashlee, poor tackling, and overmatched O&D lines is at the root of this 27-3 *** whipping.

Advertisement
Lashlee is a Pu$$y until proven otherwise

its more that I’m appalled at the offense having 3 pts and looking lost as **** when thats supposed to carry our team in 2021
Well, I think the play calling has been horrible. Given the lack of protection, it looks like Lashlee has surrendered with the exception of the last drive.

He needs to call quick passes. Two step dropps then take a shot e every now and then. Run I g the ball on 1st and 2nd down, then having 3rd and long won't get it done. At least go down swinging!!!

Sad thing is that had we scored a TD. We get the ball in the second half. Gives you a shot at being down 13. Issue is we have ZERO play makers. I do not see where the spark would come from. Bama is not going out of there way to kick our ***, they simply are

How the players gonna make plays when they were set up to fail from the opening kick with ****** game plans on both sides of the ball?

Bama is susceptible to misdirection running. Where is it? They are susceptible to rpo and playaction. Where is it? They are susceptible to passing over the middle like the 4th Down play showed. Why are we not living on that? Why are we not hard doubling Allen with a tight end? Why is King looking at the backs of receivers on his third step constantly? I can go on and on.

Why are we playing the ****** zone so much? Why are we giving so much space for Young to throw? Why aren’t we forcing low percentage throws? Why aren’t we pressing the slot and playing with the SS in the box? Why are we going zero coverage in the red zone? Why are all our blitzes telegraphed? Why haven’t we fixed our defensive alignments after 6 ******* years?

The players are lost because the coordinators are *** juice. Bama is talented and we spent all summer preparing to play into their hands at every position. They have talent. They will win match ups and make plays. But their talent is not responsible for us being completely inept on both side of the ball. We would look like *** if this was Duke or Virginia.

I assumed the coordinators would get their **** together over the offseason. Once again, they proved me wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back