Canes v. UVA

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were runing a fast break shotgun with Charlie Ward as QB.
FSU never ran a wishbone.
Florida did back in the 70s..
I’m not saying FSU ever ran the Wishbone, what I’m saying is that just as Richts offense at FSU was innovative, times change, just how the Wishbone use to be back in the day.

Advertisement
HE ALREADY IS. YALL PLEASE STOP WITH THIS ****. THE OFFENSE IS CALLED BY TB WITH INPUT FROM DUGANS. Richt has final say so & tells TB calls to make at certain times. But play to play is on brown. It's just like with hartley & lil richt. Good to great recruiters who should simply be in support roles or limited at best.

Absolutely right. Most schools in the country would have people like TB and Jon Richt as assistants AT BEST! So question is: are we ever gonna make real strides to adapt the plays to fit our personnel or are we gonna keep trying to fit a square peg in a round hole like madmen? Our o line clearly isn’t executing well enough/just aren’t that good to be run blocking on most first and second downs when the staff knows **** well they can barely get any push up front to get our backs viable run lanes. We fail to put our redshirt FR QB in good situations at the start by avoiding screen plays like the ones we saw to Homer with Rosier near the end to get a good rhythm going. I can go on and on, it’s just unacceptable.

So much of this sh*t just doesn’t make any sense to me man idk

I’m not saying FSU ever ran the Wishbone, what I’m saying is that just as Richts offense at FSU was innovative, times change, just how the Wishbone use to be back in the day.
To answer my own question,, we do NOT have a polished QB of Wards stature.
Sadly, we don't have a staff that can develop a QB, and haven't nad one for almost 20 years..

Money post. If we had run our offense the entire game like we did that last drive, we would have routed VA. Plus, the short game would ease Perry into the game and then opened up the bigger plays for later.
Totally agree. Even the announcers said Miami should utilize the short passing game. I think they said that in the 2nd qtr. This is Ritch's failure to adjust. I can't understand him. He so f'ing set in his ways!!! It's like he runs the same **** plays trying to prove himself right for calling them the previous 3 times they failed.

Advertisement
Absolutely right. Most schools in the country would have people like TB and Jon Richt as assistants AT BEST! So question is: are we ever gonna make real strides to adapt the plays to fit our personnel or are we gonna keep trying to fit a square peg in a round hole like madmen? Our o line clearly isn’t executing well enough/just aren’t that good to be run blocking on most first and second downs when the staff knows **** well they can barely get any push up front to get our backs viable run lanes. We fail to put our redshirt FR QB in good situations at the start by avoiding screen plays like the ones we saw to Homer with Rosier near the end to get a good rhythm going. I can go on and on, it’s just unacceptable.

So much of this sh*t just doesn’t make any sense to me man idk
Totally agree. Everyone could see that. Again. The announcers commented on that early in the game.

We lost to an unranked team who’s QB completed 12 passes for 92 yards no td’s and 3 picks. Mind blown.

Our defense didn’t really wear down. They allowed less than 4 yards/play, 27% 3rd down conversions, 231 total yards, and the only TD was when UVA returned an INT inside the 10.
I actually expected them to break and they never did.
UVA had that drive just before half and another that was 8 mins. in the 3rd qtr. But that is all on the offense.

Advertisement
Totally agree. Everyone could see that. Again. The announcers commented on that early in the game.

Defenses with half-competent DCs can telegraph what we’re gonna do on like 90% of our drives. You know it’s bad when casual football fans can easily recognize a pattern, sh*t is exhausting!

At times it’s really a testament to the talent we have when we pull off plays that had absolutely no business working. We need change BAD!

UVA had that drive just before half and another that was 8 mins. in the 3rd qtr. But that is all on the offense.
UVA had a couple drives and still only averaged 3.8 yards/play. It’s modern football. Can’t really expect much more from the D. This was embarrassing. We did next to zero with 3 first half TOs.

Terrible onsides kick call trust your strength which is the defense to hold them. We get the ball back after the punt on a short field with over 2 minutes left to just get a fg at worst. CMR blew it bad on that one smh

Money post. If we had run our offense the entire game like we did that last drive, we would have routed VA. Plus, the short game would ease Perry into the game and then opened up the bigger plays for later.
So frustrating. I don't know if Richt outhinks himself or doesn't think at all just falling in love with his gameplan. It's like, "Maybe I should call a short pass, but ooh the deep ball is open. Let's go for the homerun."

Advertisement
UVA had a couple drives and still only averaged 3.8 yards/play. It’s modern football. Can’t really expect much more from the D. This was embarrassing. We did next to zero with 3 first half TOs.
I'm not blaming the D. They played very well given the situation they were placed in. It just goes to show you don't have to try to hit a homerun on every pass play. I'd take 3.8 yards per play. That's 3rd and < 3 every time.

I'm not blaming the D. They played very well given the situation they were placed in. It just goes to show you don't have to try to hit a homerun on every pass play. I'd take 3.8 yards per play. That's 3rd and < 3 every time.
That isn’t how it works, man. 3.8 yards per play is elite. Look around the NCAA. Alabama allows a full yard more than that per play. I’m getting off the board for a bit. Have a good night.

The D played great Manny could have been a little more aggressive being that they can't throw. But that loss was on the offense and CMR

Advertisement
I agree. Johnnie was on sale last week at BJ's. I went after finishing a bottle of Glenlivet.
I've got an old friend who I've been paying back for favors he's been doing with bottles of Glenfiddich 18. I get them for $95 after a $5 discount coupon at Mega Liquors. Best sipping shiit for the money. Some 12 y.o. under $50 that are great too.

Huh??? Thomas Brown calls our offensive plays, play to play?

This is not a take that I have ever read on here, or it’s at least a very rarely expressed sentiment. So I don’t understand why u writing in all caps and cursing. U go crazy on people for not knowing the little intricacies u actually do know, as if we have your access level. Stop picking low fruit and calm down.
This is one of those instances the baby catches the bullets... I ain't hot at yall. And it right but the topic is SOOO played at this point. Anyone involved with play calling to any extent should get a demotion. That's richt as oc,Tb & dugans as co oc... this game plan week in and week out is pathetic. How do we do any film study & come up with the same **** weekly. Hold players to a standard they clearly dont hold themselves. I apologize to all who took this the same way as u. Ur right that certain parts of it could be explained better. If u read this weekly though u realize why it's not explained in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back