Canes v. UNC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
With all due respect, Ive posted on multiple threads that I can appreciate Manny for bringing in King and Borregales, but I also don’t think he’s a great coach. I got railed every single time I said that. There is no middle ground here.
That’s not complete. You got railed by the slurpers, who are vocal, just like the mopes are vocal. There’s a huge group that agrees with your opinion.

The whole culture is ****. I bet the players don’t care, minus a few players. I bet in Alabama, after a loss like this, the players, coaches, water boys and girls would get called out.
Lol at this happening at Bama. Even if there was a chance Saban would of scored 80 and would have tripled the opponents yards.

How can Manny sleep tonight knowing he gave up 500 yards on defense. We have to either tell him fire the defensive staff or you can leave. Manny sucks. He has no fire! I hate him and he's making me hate this team. **** I think I need to chill with this team. I can't support mediocrity. I wouldn't accept this from my employees.
Thing is he'll utter absolute nonsense about why we lost and no one in the media will ask him the hard questions like...

"Manny, why do you continue to stunt your DTs when the offense is continuously running the ball so successfully?"

or

"Coach, your defenses success is predicated on TFLs and sacks but historically, that has never worked out well when you play good offenses. Why do you insist on continuing that scheme?"

BTW his D gave up 750+ yards today.

If he doesn't fire his D staff after this year, then his arrogance knows no bounds

Advertisement
True but not recording setting with 2 backs and almost 800 yatds. I wasn't around for the 70-7 lost against Texas A&M during World War II. This was the worst defensive performance I've seen at the Division I level in all my years.
That's simply because youre looking at the statistics rather than seeing it as one and the same. A **** performance is **** whether it's a rabbit **** or a steaming pile of wet elephant ****. The point is this is a standard that has become accepted and now it's no longer an abberation when we play a certain type of team. I get exactly what you're saying. Unfortunately I could dispute it but why. If manny is supposed to be this programs savior than it needs to start with him rebuilding who he is.

How can Manny sleep tonight knowing he gave up 500 yards on defense. We have to either tell him fire the defensive staff or you can leave. Manny sucks. He has no fire! I hate him and he's making me hate this team. **** I think I need to chill with this team. I can't support mediocrity. I wouldn't accept this from my employees.
You mean the guy who used his own father to strongarm a university he supposedly loves? Same guy who attended one of our most hated rivals? Just making sure it's same guy.

What?? The defense is terrible but they took it to a whole new level today
No it didn't. What happened today was simply our usual failures emphasized by superior coaching and play. I get what you're saying. The results etc. But a less talented team would have lesser results. It was a category 4 storm

Advertisement
Thing is he'll utter absolute nonsense about why we lost and no one in the media will ask him the hard questions like...

"Manny, why do you continue to stunt your DTs when the offense is continuously running the ball so successfully?"

or

"Coach, your defenses success is predicated on TFLs and sacks but historically, that has never worked out well when you play good offenses. Why do you insist on continuing that scheme?"

BTW his D gave up 750+ yards today.

If he doesn't fire his D staff after this year, then his arrogance knows no bounds
What will firing his staph achieve if HE continues to run HIS scheme? & It's not good offenses we struggle against. It's simply good offensive lines.

That's simply because youre looking at the statistics rather than seeing it as one and the same. A **** performance is **** whether it's a rabbit **** or a steaming pile of wet elephant ****. The point is this is a standard that has become accepted and now it's no longer an abberation when we play a certain type of team. I get exactly what you're saying. Unfortunately I could dispute it but why. If manny is supposed to be this programs savior than it needs to start with him rebuilding who he is.
Actually alignments, angle and effort were inexcusable and I cannot remember a worse performance by any division I defense I've watched. I agree that everything needs to change. Diaz is dead man walking. Problem is that is two years away.

Actually alignments, angle and effort were inexcusable and I cannot remember a worse performance by any division I defense I've watched. I agree that everything needs to change. Diaz is dead man walking. Problem is that is two years away.
Actually angle,alignment & arguably the effort were all the same as any other time we face a squad who counters our basic nonsense. But ok if it'll make people feel better I'll say this is an abberation. By the way, you just talking. Manny ain't no dead man walking & ain't going nowhere unless he decides to because no one that matters expects anything more than this out of us any longer. Most actually feel manny is a successful experiment.

Actually angle,alignment & arguably the effort were all the same as any other time we face a squad who counters our basic nonsense. But ok if it'll make people feel better I'll say this is an abberation. By the way, you just talking. Manny ain't no dead man walking & ain't going nowhere unless he decides to because no one that matters expects anything more than this out of us any longer. Most actually feel manny is a successful experiment.
Again, I don't see this as an aberration at all. I have played, coached and watched this game for 40 years. That was the worse defensive performance by any P5 equivalent I can remember. As for Manny, I believe he will fail. Waiting for him to get canned after the 2022 season is frustrating. I pay good money for seasons, got a kid at the school and another on the way. And I fly down from Virginia. I sent a note to the university who wants me to renew and told them no thanks. I can fly down and get single game tix. I'm not really arguing with you brother. I agree with 100%.

Last edited:
Advertisement
What will firing his staph achieve if HE continues to run HIS scheme? & It's not good offenses we struggle against. It's simply good offensive lines.
It will achieve nothing. I'm not naive to the fact that HE is the problem. I know you've been giving us the facts from time.

I also know that HE isn't going to fire himself; that's not what a politician does.

A new DC with carte blanche is what I hope for, but I won't hold my breath

If applying Ockham's razor theory, with all things considered... we fire Manny and hire an accomplished HC... then we have better odds of regaining elite status. But first the university needs to have football as a priority... We fvcked.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Again, I don't see this as an aberration at all. I have played, coached and watched this game for 40 years. That was the worse defensive performance by any P5 equivalent I can remember. As for Manny, I believe he will fail. Waiting for him to get canned after the 2022 season is frustrating. I pay good money for seasons, got a kid at the school and another on the way. And I fly down from Virginia. I sent a note to the university who wants me to renew and told them no thanks. I can fly down and get single game tix. I'm not really arguing with you brother. I agree with 100%.
Saddens me to say look at our record this year when anyone with a brain knows the product out on the field. Until we play a competitive schedule seasons comparable to this will become the norm. This is all they could hope for. A team that most feel is competitive. Unless that changes he won't. But u have a great night brother. No argument here one way or the other. I know I'm hard headed with my approach to the sport cause I see things differently and the only thing I find acceptable is peak form. The rest of this upsets me regardless of the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back