Canes v NC State

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Well, I will never fall asleep tonight. Boys, always a pleasure. Some of you had a ton of poise. I certainly did not but another win. Smoke and mirrors but they made some plays when they needed it.

In closing- Zoom call for games.

What was the smoke and mirrors?????

Advertisement
With an average oline and a slightly above average d and maybe competent coaching this team could be dangerous. I guess I can dream. FFS.

Advertisement
It was the wrong call. You can’t assume you will get the ball back AND go down the field and score a TD. They needed a TD regardless. The he only difference after the FG was that they had less time and more pressure.

Ok so what if you don't kick it and your D gives up a field goal and you're down two scores?

Advertisement
We won, still the team left a lot of room for the mopes to complain so everyone should be happy.
I am happy we won and have been generally positive on the team acknowledging that we are good, but not great - but today's defense.... yuck. I know this year has been topsy turvy across the ACC, but we can't keep playing like we have been and expect to win out.

Miami at -11 was a joke...

Clown all you want, I'm not saying the guy is some great coach, but he made the right call if you ask me. We definitely need better coaching but those last few minutes of the game, ya'll can call it luck or whatever but a LOT of ya'll eating crow right now.

Neg away, hate on me, but ****, Manny did the right things and bet on the defense...I can honestly live with that. Broke his "bye week curse" and won a game he needed to win. Again, I'm no apologist, or homer, just a loyal fan who calls it like I see it. Not saying bro coached A or B level, just give him his props for making a bet a coach supposed to make (on his defense) in a game we needed.

We not at no elite level yet, so these are the games you GOTTA win, ugly, pretty, whatever, just win them!

Peace and go Canes
I understand the FG. I was more upset at the refs stopping play, then calling a bogus false start.

Bottom line, King saved Manny's job tonight.

Advertisement
Got a couple negative plays in the fourth quarter and the turnover obviously. No dumbass penalties in the fourth either. That's how the defense is envisioned. But if we're not getting the negative plays on first down then teams can just march up and down on us. Rousseau would be singlehandedly carrying the defense in that way, kinda like King singlehandedly carried the offense today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back