Canes v. Duke

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to see Richt take a $20K fine & just absolutely **** on the ACC refs in the post game press conference.

I mean really lay into how awful they've been all year long.

Or just throw shade about how we win by 20+ despite being penalized 5x more than our opponents

Advertisement
We are actually a pretty good team. If you think about it, we are a couple of plays from being 10-2 or 11-1.

+1 for a positive comment on this board....

All 7 of our wins (going to be 8 with this one) were by a considerable margin.

3 of our 4 losses were by 7 points of less. Only VT truly stomped us.

This team couldn't win the close ones. That simple.

Young team mixed with boneheaded upper classmen with no leadership. Young guys will learn to win the close games next year.

We are actually a pretty good team. If you think about it, we are a couple of plays from being 10-2 or 11-1.

And we had the ball on the last drive in those three losses.

Duke gave us their best shot in the 1st half...

We adjusted, caught up to their tempo & opened up a can on their ***...

It's nice having a staff that has consistently shown that they can adjust at the half, but it sure would be nice to come into these games against lesser opponents as if we had watched any of their previous film.

Are you under the impression that teams just come out and do the same thing every week?

No, but I would hope that we don't either and yet teams (several that we are clearly more talented than) seem to have us figured out until we reach the half. At that point the coaches have shown that they are very capable of switching things up. My comment was somewhat tongue in cheek, but it does seem odd seem to start slow against almost every team.

Honestly, I like it this way (and Jimbo Fisher's way) a lot better than last year when James Coley could script the first drive like a champion, but then couldn't figure anything out when the defense adjusted.

Absolutely. If anything Golden/Coley were the opposite. We seemed to start strong and then go downhill. Not sure if that is due to the not having the scripted series, getting conservative with leads, not adjusting or likely all of the above, but this is much better than last year. Unfortunately when we have done it against teams that have as much talent as us (ex: ND) even though we outplayed them for at least the 2nd half of the game, it was too late. I think (hope) we get there next year.

Advertisement

Df you talking about...The games that we win aren't close because the OFFENSE actually came to play. FSU and UNC both got held to 20 points and we loss because of trash offense. That's like saying we can't win the close ones when the offense gets 1 yard all game and we lose 7-0...Lack of offense is different than not being able to close or win it close...and even then...We were a blocked XP away from at least taking FSU to OT with that crappy offense.

Df you talking about...The games that we win aren't close because the OFFENSE actually came to play. FSU and UNC both got held to 20 points and we loss because of trash offense. That's like saying we can't win the close ones when the offense gets 1 yard all game and we lose 7-0...Lack of offense is different than not being able to close or win it close...and even then...We were a blocked XP away from at least taking FSU to OT with that crappy offense.

All i said was that we couldn't win close games. I didn't say why. There's lot of reasons and yes the O was a huge part of it.

Advertisement
Kaaya may be the worst 3rd down passer I have ever seen in my life on any team. Ugh

I dont have the stats but Diaz's 2nd half adjustments have been impressive this season

Advertisement
Don't you ***** ever question El Jefe again!

(Had to say that again just in case y'all forgot lol)

Advertisement
2nd half defense has been fantastic this year. I am so happy to at least be able to enjoy watching our games again.

I dont have the stats but Diaz's 2nd half adjustments have been impressive this season

I believe I saw somewhere this past week that we were allowing less than 6 points per game in the second half?

That is ******* impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back