Canes v. Duke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Edwards has done well, but what happened to Yearby? Hurt? Suspended? Not in the game plan?

Yearby won't block so he doesn't play much.

Still, Edwards should not be getting this much PT. Leave Walton in there more. They shouldn't evenly be splitting carries. Walton is better, and thats just a fact.

I agree!

They aren't evenly splitting time. It's about 70-30 Walton. Keep him somewhat fresh, in fourth quarter he'll bust a 60 yard run because Dookies tired and put the game away.

Advertisement
Duke gave us their best shot in the 1st half...

We adjusted, caught up to their tempo & opened up a can on their ***...

It's nice having a staff that has consistently shown that they can adjust at the half, but it sure would be nice to come into these games against lesser opponents as if we had watched any of their previous film.

Are you under the impression that teams just come out and do the same thing every week?

No, but I would hope that we don't either and yet teams (several that we are clearly more talented than) seem to have us figured out until we reach the half. At that point the coaches have shown that they are very capable of switching things up. My comment was somewhat tongue in cheek, but it does seem odd seem to start slow against almost every team.

Advertisement
Duke gave us their best shot in the 1st half...

We adjusted, caught up to their tempo & opened up a can on their ***...

It's nice having a staff that has consistently shown that they can adjust at the half, but it sure would be nice to come into these games against lesser opponents as if we had watched any of their previous film.

Are you under the impression that teams just come out and do the same thing every week?

No, but I would hope that we don't either and yet teams (several that we are clearly more talented than) seem to have us figured out until we reach the half. At that point the coaches have shown that they are very capable of switching things up. My comment was somewhat tongue in cheek, but it does seem odd seem to start slow against almost every team.

Honestly, I like it this way (and Jimbo Fisher's way) a lot better than last year when James Coley could script the first drive like a champion, but then couldn't figure anything out when the defense adjusted.

Advertisement
We are actually a pretty good team. If you think about it, we are a couple of plays from being 10-2 or 11-1.

+1 for a positive comment on this board....

All 7 of our wins (going to be 8 with this one) were by a considerable margin.

3 of our 4 losses were by 7 points of less. Only VT truly stomped us.

This team couldn't win the close ones. That simple.

We are actually a pretty good team. If you think about it, we are a couple of plays from being 10-2 or 11-1.

Good teams win those games though.
But this is just year 1. Next year we need to improve and be on the winning side of those close games. Almost winning doesn't make you good.

If we can find the answer to our problems on the OL and Kaaya stays, Richt is going to have this offense running smoothly.

I would love to see Richt take a $20K fine & just absolutely **** on the ACC refs in the post game press conference.

I mean really lay into how awful they've been all year long.

Advertisement
I would love to see Richt take a $20K fine & just absolutely **** on the ACC refs in the post game press conference.

I mean really lay into how awful they've been all year long.

If our players weren't so bone headed maybe he would

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back