Canes to B1G?

How do OSU get all those Florida kids to play for them every year?

Oh that's right, they sell them the idea that over a third of the NFL is based in cold weather cities - you have to get used to the cold eventually if you want to go pro.

The cold weather excuse just makes us look like a soft team.

So it has nothing to do w/ Urban Meyers, and his connections to So Fla? Or maybe it’s the fact OSU has been **** good for a minute & pumps out a good amount of 1st round kids. Lol.

Advertisement
My guy, my guy; U know ur my guy. I’m going to break this down as to why I’m not in favor. It’s going to be a little long, but oh well. Lol.

I think in today’s society w/ social media and information overload, it causes so much panic on so many levels.

Conference expansion has happened often. The difference today vs yesterday is that everything is hyper sensitive & hyper reactive b/c it’s over sensationalized. Imo, this is why so many “leaders” are inept to lead b/c instead thinking things through, thoroughly, they panic, & it becomes a matter of being reactive vs. proactive.

Now, let’s go back to why we were approached to join the ACC; it was b/c the ACC needed another big name to pair w/ the only CFB school in conference worth a **** in FSU. (Yes, many moons ago, Clemson was a dumpster fire & an easy W). They envisioned us being the USC v. UCLA, the Bama vs Auburn, or the OSU vs Michigan of the ACC w/ our yearly rivalry w/ FSU. Furthermore, the ACC envisioned a 2 for 1; not only were we brought in to bring clout to the conference, but ABC would get an opportunity to feature both a highly touted in-season match up, and a revenge game of the ACCCG between two bitter rivals for all the marbles. That’s big bank! Unfortunately…Well, needless to say, that dream was made….anyways. Lol

The point is, the ACC approached us b/c they needed us. Guess what? If FSU & Clemson leaves, they’ll REALLY need us. They’ll most likely add top tier G5 teams (and don’t forget, teams like TCU, UL, Utah were once upon a time G5 teams). But since they need us from a CFB standpoint, just like the Big East needed us from CFB standpoint, this is something we “should” take advantage. It could easily be an easier path to the CFP, than joining a conference that’s not a fit, AT ALL.

But here’s the biggest issue; our leadership. I don’t trust it. Upfront, guaranteed money seems to be the biggest driving force in decision making w/o thinking of unintended consequences. I can’t imagine how much money this program has bled from failed regimes, ticket sales, merchandise sales, and bowl revenue b/c of utter lack of guidance.

A leader would have a proactive approach, w/ a plan B & C that’s been throughly vetted, just in case. We’ve been more reactive from a lot of decisions. ****, it took two coaches (Golden & Richt) to complain about having certain amenities like a f’ing training table, an updated locker room, and an IPF, not the AD, but coaches. Low & behold, miraculously it all came to fruition. Blake doesn’t, & has never struck me as a leader & Frenk is, well….anyways.

Being in this precarious situation w/ these two at the helm has me spooked, like for real spooked. There’s a real opportunity here that can be exploited. Bruh, we can easily move to the head of the table & get w/ other ACC teams amidst these rumors & come together either w/ a stay plan, or exit plan.

Just like I didn’t like the move to the ACC b/c it was an “All Carolina Conference”, I’m not in favor of this hyper reactive ploy to move to the B1G. That would be an even bigger death trap. If the SEC is the good old boys club, the B1G is not far behind. They’ll accept ND b/c ND has that good Ole boys mantra, but we’ll be the red headed step child w/ freckles.
We have always been and will always be the "red headed step child".

Why should we start caring about that now? That's a part of what makes us special.

We have always been and will always be the "red headed step child".

Why should we start caring about that now? That's a part of what makes us special.

Naaaah; we were always the villain. We were always The Bully. We were always the trendsetters. We were never apart of the good old boys club, hence trying to join that fold has been nothing but bull chit. U think the ACC refs have screwed us?? Lol; just wait til we play in The B1G & we come up against their darlings.

My guy, my guy; U know ur my guy. I’m going to break this down as to why I’m not in favor. It’s going to be a little long, but oh well. Lol.

I think in today’s society w/ social media and information overload, it causes so much panic on so many levels.

Conference expansion has happened often. The difference today vs yesterday is that everything is hyper sensitive & hyper reactive b/c it’s over sensationalized. Imo, this is why so many “leaders” are inept to lead b/c instead thinking things through, thoroughly, they panic, & it becomes a matter of being reactive vs. proactive.

Now, let’s go back to why we were approached to join the ACC; it was b/c the ACC needed another big name to pair w/ the only CFB school in conference worth a **** in FSU. (Yes, many moons ago, Clemson was a dumpster fire & an easy W). They envisioned us being the USC v. UCLA, the Bama vs Auburn, or the OSU vs Michigan of the ACC w/ our yearly rivalry w/ FSU. Furthermore, the ACC envisioned a 2 for 1; not only were we brought in to bring clout to the conference, but ABC would get an opportunity to feature both a highly touted in-season match up, and a revenge game of the ACCCG between two bitter rivals for all the marbles. That’s big bank! Unfortunately…Well, needless to say, that dream was made….anyways. Lol

The point is, the ACC approached us b/c they needed us. Guess what? If FSU & Clemson leaves, they’ll REALLY need us. They’ll most likely add top tier G5 teams (and don’t forget, teams like TCU, UL, Utah were once upon a time G5 teams). But since they need us from a CFB standpoint, just like the Big East needed us from CFB standpoint, this is something we “should” take advantage. It could easily be an easier path to the CFP, than joining a conference that’s not a fit, AT ALL.

But here’s the biggest issue; our leadership. I don’t trust it. Upfront, guaranteed money seems to be the biggest driving force in decision making w/o thinking of unintended consequences. I can’t imagine how much money this program has bled from failed regimes, ticket sales, merchandise sales, and bowl revenue b/c of utter lack of guidance.

A leader would have a proactive approach, w/ a plan B & C that’s been throughly vetted, just in case. We’ve been more reactive from a lot of decisions. ****, it took two coaches (Golden & Richt) to complain about having certain amenities like a f’ing training table, an updated locker room, and an IPF, not the AD, but coaches. Low & behold, miraculously it all came to fruition. Blake doesn’t, & has never struck me as a leader & Frenk is, well….anyways.

Being in this precarious situation w/ these two at the helm has me spooked, like for real spooked. There’s a real opportunity here that can be exploited. Bruh, we can easily move to the head of the table & get w/ other ACC teams amidst these rumors & come together either w/ a stay plan, or exit plan.

Just like I didn’t like the move to the ACC b/c it was an “All Carolina Conference”, I’m not in favor of this hyper reactive ploy to move to the B1G. That would be an even bigger death trap. If the SEC is the good old boys club, the B1G is not far behind. They’ll accept ND b/c ND has that good Ole boys mantra, but we’ll be the red headed step child w/ freckles.
Haha I love it bro. I actually agree with everything you said. Lot of great points. Like you said, can’t just jump ship if everyone else is. 100% on that. Pros and cons need to be considered for options A, B, C and D. We can’t get left twiddling our thumbs during this time though. IF it were to make sense where the ACC aims to help us be the face of the conference that’s definitely an option. Ideally, Miami would turn into the Oklahoma syndrome, beating a weaker conference but running the table and they gotta let us in, then it’s fair game. If that what it takes to win 10-11 games consistently I’m all for it. It just needs to make sense on both sides for football and financially. The biggest question is that financial side. You move to the big 10 and your hosting teams like penn st Ohio st Michigan every year those games are selling out. Plus that 50+ Mil getting paid out each year

Advertisement
Haha I love it bro. I actually agree with everything you said. Lot of great points. Like you said, can’t just jump ship if everyone else is. 100% on that. Pros and cons need to be considered for options A, B, C and D. We can’t get left twiddling our thumbs during this time though. IF it were to make sense where the ACC aims to help us be the face of the conference that’s definitely an option. Ideally, Miami would turn into the Oklahoma syndrome, beating a weaker conference but running the table and they gotta let us in, then it’s fair game. If that what it takes to win 10-11 games consistently I’m all for it. It just needs to make sense on both sides for football and financially. The biggest question is that financial side. You move to the big 10 and your hosting teams like penn st Ohio st Michigan every year those games are selling out. Plus that 50+ Mil getting paid out each year
This. We move to the B1G and we are selling out the Rock for Wisky, Michigan, Pedo State, maybe Sparty, Nebraska and Taint. If ND can be convinced by NBC to join, it’s a jonron.

My brotha, U’re confusing Al Golden’s coaching & S&C techniques w/ the type of players he recruited here.

The players he recruited was fine, the scheme & that pizza/cheeseburger diet was not; hence he was unbelievably unsuccessful here. Once the players got better coaching & even semi better conditioning, we took off immediately. I always said under Golden, the problem wasn’t the players, it was his staph, his skemisms, and that pizza diet. But dude could recruit.

Richt, on the other hand, had good classes on paper, but u can’t keep running 3 star QBs w/ ur inept, unqualified son as the coach, and ur O-playbook w/ hella dust & microorganisms as the engine. We caught lightning in the bottle w/ some miraculous, improbable wins, but once the slipper came off, we were exposed butt naked. The 2017 season is not & should not be used as an example of why we could fit in The B1G.

I was half joking to justify how we could be competitive in the B1G but not so much in the ACC. The takeaway though is that a Miami team that most people though was totally devoid of talent had players on the rooster that were plenty good enough to absolutely crush one of the better teams in the country at the time with a better scheme (4-3 defense) and S&C. Richt wasn't relying on a bunch of freshmen and sophmores for the upset- the starting roster was mostly Golden's players. Golden was looking for local recruits that he could fatten up into Big10 bodies. So maybe the secret sauce is getting those same type of recruits but not making them fat.

I wonder if in 2015, if Miami hadn't lost to Cincy, would Golden have survived the 58-0 loss to Clemson? We would have been 5-2 after the game. Not great, but the hardest part of the schedule was out of the way and we still with a shot at a 9 or 10 win season. Golden recruited pretty well even with the sanctions, would he have been able to take the talent to the next level without the cloud?

Also, I for one would rather play Ohio State than Clemson or Bama. For whatever reason our players always look shook against Clemson; I think there is enough hatred with OSU that our guys would be focused. We might not win, but we'd play a much better game.

In any case, you also have to look at the big picture of the university and not just football. I don't see any way that Miami's admin would turn down the larger payout from the B1G AND access to $10 billion in research money in favor of the SEC. If Miami bounced from the ACC for the B1G, it would finally be taking charge of its own fate instead of waiting for the music to stop and being left without a chair. We would get zero respect in the SEC whereas I think the B1G would have a vested interest in seeing Miami be competitive. Stick Miami in the B1G West (I know geographically it doesn't make sense but it's definitely the weaker division) and set up a regular B1G championship showdown with Ohio State. I guarantee it would get far, far better ratings that Ohio State-Northwestern.

Last edited:

Agreed; which is y I want all options to be thoroughly vetted vs. being reactive. If the ACC remains a P5 or P4 if it comes to that, I would love to be the OU of the ACC. But at the same time, we gotta thoroughly exhaust all options, from a competitive, financial, logistics, and our value standpoints.

that's it, lets go back to being an independent. Go old-school

And bring back the football player inside 'the U' logo

Also the pipe to Sebastian the Ibis

Advertisement
Agreed; which is y I want all options to be thoroughly vetted vs. being reactive. If the ACC remains a P5 or P4 if it comes to that, I would love to be the OU of the ACC. But at the same time, we gotta thoroughly exhaust all options, from a competitive, financial, logistics, and our value standpoints.

I miss being in the Big East!!! (long live Dave Gavitt)

Both this and @RocketsandCanes make several good points

Advertisement
Y’all are high off your *** if you would reject a move to big 10. They generated the most revenue of any conference in 2019 ( 60 million more than SEC and 300M+ more than ACC).

Cuz of cold weather? Lol Jesus Christ. It’s 100 times better than our ****** conference.
I can't believe you poo-poo the cold weather like that. It's why all Miami guys (and South Florida guys in general) blow when they get to the NFL.

Insanity aside, if we're going the meteorological soft shoulder route then the converse should be true. Michigan or Pedo State should die of heat stroke and dehydration by halftime when they'd be playing in 87 degree weather down here deep in the fall rather than back home in Siberia.

Advertisement
You're welcome.
Natalie Wood Clasico GIF by Filmin

News Flash: Sports radio hosts do not break billion dollar conference realignment stories.

I don't even know what was said but I guarantee he didn't say he had a source or any of that. This is just someone trying to fill his hour block and create traffic to a show.

If and when this story does break it's going to be by someone who actually has something to lose if they are wrong. It def will not be a sports radio host.
old school GIF

“That’s how you debate!!

Advertisement
Back