Canes spotted in Jersey

Sooch

Redshirt Freshman
Saw 4 Canes hanging on the Beach in NJ this weekend in Monmouth Beach, Nj. Berrios, Badgley, Mahoney and Gordinier. Berrios and Badge getting ready for camp. Mahoney headed black for July and Gordinier looked good after the brutal knee injury.

Advertisement
Saw 4 Canes hanging on the Beach in NJ this weekend in Monmouth Beach, Nj. Berrios, Badgley, Mahoney and Gordinier. Berrios and Badge getting ready for camp. Mahoney headed black for July and Gordinier looked good after the brutal knee injury.
I actually got into it with Badgley when I saw him out and about around a month and a half ago. Dude tried to kick my *** but missed.

Advertisement
To think, there was a time when our coaching staff put a premium on NJ "athletes".

Sounds like Mahoney has changed a lot.

Advertisement
Absolutely nothing wrong with targeting recruits from NJ - the state always produces and has for decades - but we need to evaluate well.

Obviously some very good alum originally from NJ.

To think, there was a time when our coaching staff put a premium on NJ "athletes".

joke.gif

Absolutely nothing wrong with targeting recruits from NJ - the state always produces and has for decades - but we need to evaluate well.

Obviously some very good alum originally from NJ.
There's no reason the University of Miami should ever have 5 New Jersey players on their roster at one time. You want to snag a blue chip guy from up north every once in a while? Sure. However we should not be filling out our roster with mediocre athletes from 1500 miles away.

Advertisement
There's no reason the University of Miami should ever have 5 New Jersey players on their roster at one time. You want to snag a blue chip guy from up north every once in a while? Sure. However we should not be filling out our roster with mediocre athletes from 1500 miles away.

Agree.
Cherry picking only.
The Shorter's, Gary's, and Fitzpatrick's if you can.

It really depends.

During the Butch era, at one point we had at least 4 on the roster at one time that I can think of - Lewis at safety, McKinnie and Wilkens on the OL and Clark at LB.

There may have been a couple more on the roster at that time, but those are the ones I can think of.

Not one of them was a dud.

McKinnie is very likely the best left OT the school has ever had and Clark was one of the top LB in the country out of HS.

Lewis obviously started for at least a year at safety (and was solid) and Wilkins gave decent spot duty at guard.

New Jersey produces top talent. I have no issue at all at five from the state on the roster if they are quality players.

Same with PA, GA, TX or CA. Or OH - although we've never had too many from Ohio on the roster at any given time.

Fk Fadgley.

Goofy ******* runs off the field with the grin of a newly busted cherry after missing the biggest kick of his career. (pat)

Advertisement

For sure. There's elite talent in NJ, PA and MD/VA BUT if we're going to be stockpiling kids from an OOS area and missing on too many of em then you're better off on doing that in the true hotbeds of high school football and at least developing relationships with the coaches in Louisiana, Texas, California on top of Rick's current stature in Georgia.

Ol' Alfredo was just a lazy ******* that used his Jersey/PSU lineage as a crutch up there.

For sure. There's elite talent in NJ, PA and MD/VA BUT if we're going to be stockpiling kids from an OOS area and missing on too many of em then you're better off on doing that in the true hotbeds of high school football and at least developing relationships with the coaches in Louisiana, Texas, California on top of Rick's current stature in Georgia.

Ol' Alfredo was just a lazy ******* that used his Jersey/PSU lineage as a crutch up there.

Exactly. There's quality players in the northeast and we should target the blue chips. But....there's always going to be a couple lower rated, "project" guys in every recruiting class and I'd prefer we fill those spots with local guys rather than out of state guys.

Advertisement
Back