Canes spotted in Jersey

This is 100% wrong. We can't fill the roster with NJ kids because they are so far away, but they pump out great athletes. Bryany McKinnie was from NJ. In recent Miami classes AQM and David Njoku where both from NJ. Reyshawn Gary and Jabrill Peppers where both NJ guys over at Michigan. Plus OSU, Michigan, and Penn state all put a big premium on NJ guys and it works out for them. NJ is just to small to pump out as many guys as GA, FL, TX, and CA. There top guys though can play with anyone.
Jersey is overly regulated (dont allow spring ball, super strict with transfers). It's one of if not the most densely populated states and is starting to catch up to the year-round training and 7 v 7 circuits. Could easily see it moving up the list of talent producers of they adopted rules that would make them competitive with other states.

Advertisement
Jersey is overly regulated (dont allow spring ball, super strict with transfers). It's one of if not the most densely populated states and is starting to catch up to the year-round training and 7 v 7 circuits. Could easily see it moving up the list of talent producers of they adopted rules that would make them competitive with other states.

Agreed. AQMs team back in 2011 was rated the best HS team in the nation and they have held that title a few times in the past decade. The real issue is NJ pumps out D1 basketball players. They have some of the best AAU and HS basketball teams in the nation so a lot of kids who could be football stars try and be basketball players. In the early 2010s NJ had the number 1 and number 2 HS basketball teams in the nation. They consistently have at least one team in the top 5.

I never said stop recruiting Jersey. I said it's better to cherry pick the occasional blue chipper from up there but leave the three star Golden specials for places like pedo state and rutgers. Everyone knows they put out occasional talent but I'll stand by my statement that Miami should never have 5 players form jersey on their roster at any one time. There's no reason to go all the way to New Jersey to recruit "serviceable" players. Two or three premium players and that's it.

Here's a five year list of states ranked by blue chip percentage. (percentage of athletes rated 4 or 5 stars) New Jersey is 12th. But go ahead and fill your roster up with a bunch of dudes from a state where only 2.5% are four or more stars.

All 50 states, ranked by their number of elite college football recruits

They also have the 6th most NFL players in the nation which proves my original point. They don't have tons of players because they are so small, but they put out a bunch of elite players. You could have AQM, Jabrill Peppers, David Njoku, Eli Apple, and Rashan Gary all on the same team. No one would have been ****ed about having 5 NJ kids in that situation. I agree that we shouldn't recruit NJ, but that is only because they are so far away and we have Florida right in our back yard. Rutgers only gets the scraps of NJ. All the elite talent gets picked up by OSU, Michigan, and Penn state.

Advertisement
Back