Canes should not lose more than 2 regular season games

Would we all be OK with 2 regular season losses, a possible ACCCG loss and a possible bowl loss?

So 4 total losses possibly, it that a failure?
Any record where Manny outperforms Randy Shannon is a victory in my book. Randy never won the coastal, so this would not be a failure.

Advertisement
Would we all be OK with 2 regular season losses, a possible ACCCG loss and a possible bowl loss?

So 4 total losses possibly, it that a failure?
I would not be ok with another bowl loss. I am tired of seeing UM lose to middle-ranked teams from other conferences during the holiday season when the country is watching on TV. It's embarrassing and can't help UM's recruiting.

Two regular season losses might be ok, if you assume one of the losses is to Bama. That would mean only 1 ACC loss and a trip to the ACCCG.

Let's play this (admittedly unlikely) scenario out:

Preseason polls say Miami opens the season ranked #16 (preseason polls have us between 16-18). Miami beats #1 Bama. If we beat Bama to win the opener, Miami is pretty much guaranteed to be in the top 10 or just outside to start week 2. In other NCAA football news, Michigan State dominate NWestern on the road in its opener and is ranked #25 by week 3 (not an insane prospect). Miami wins handily at MSU and the next three, then the bye. Decent chance at being in the top 6 in that scenario (that would be a 5-0 Miami team with a win over #1 Bama and #25 Michigan). Then we are on the road at UNC, which might be a matchup with two top 10 teams. For the sake of argument let's say they are #10. We lose in triple OT (following the 2007 LSU model). So Miami drops down #10 (now 6-1, win over #1, #25, and triple OT loss to #10- being ranked #10 isn't that wildly unrealistic) . Then a big bounce back against #22 ranked NC St, unranked Pitt, and #24 ranked GT (let's say they are the most surprising team of the season). A couple teams ahead of us have losses (UGA and Oklahoma are always leading candidates for that). So now at 8-1 (victories over #1, #22, 24, #25) and we've now worked our way back to #6ish. But some bad news, lets say King gets dinged up a bit against GT (he will probably miss a game or two, that's not that unusual for a QB) and is out for FSU. Garcia does well but Miami loses in triple OT on the road at Doak to an unranked FSU. Now, is losing a triple OT game on the road to our biggest rival while missing our QB an epic embarrassment on the level of the FIU loss? I say its not. So that drops us back down to #12. Then we finish the regular acc slate with a win over ranked #23 VT and unranked Duke. So that's 10-2 with wins over 5 ranked teams and two triple OT losses, which gets us to #10 to finish the regular season. #10 isn't that crazy, UF had two losses and was #10 at the end of week 13 in 2019; in 2018 LSU was #7 with two losses and UF was #11 with 3 losses to end week 13. UNC ends up losing three ACC games- let's give them the same losses they had last year- VT, FSU, plus the surprising GT. #10 Miami goes into the ACC championship game against #1 Clemson and wins decisively. Would you say its absurd for an 11-2 P5 conference champ with wins over 6 ranked teams (#1 Bama, #1 Clemson, #22 NC St, #23 VT, #24 GT, #25 MSU) and two triple OT losses (one of which was to a top 10 team and the other to an unranked rival while missing our starting QB) to have a chance at the playoffs? For any other team, the answer would be of course not. But since most Miami fans have gaping vaginas, the answer is typically, "well, that may be possible for any team but Miami." And I want to reiterate this to people with reading comprehension like Edgelord#44- I'm not saying this is a viable path for Miami or one we should count on. The point is that it is unlikely but it's not some completely outlandish 1 in a gazillion scenario. We saw the same thing happen only 13 years ago, and that was when only the #1 and #2 team had a shot at the NC- now 4 teams have a shot at the playoffs. Stranger things HAVE happened in CFB.

Bro; U’re my guy...but my ninja....PARAGRAPHS BRUH!! Got ****. Lol. I couldn’t follow the bouncing ball to save my life. Lol. Pls re-format so I can entender. Lol.

Advertisement
No.
If it HAS to be two, let it be a freak loss to NC St, which means we sweep the Coastal.
Under no circumstances is a loss to UNC acceptable.
A bowl loss is not acceptable.

That's called progress.

miniGif_20210509153058.gif

Advertisement
9-3 regular season. UNC goes to Charlotte.

we play in Orlando again and win bowl game 10-3...., think it will be against UF

I view that as a MASSIVE SUCCESS

I like the finish but losing to a Pitt team, or any game at home given last years results would not be considered even a minor success in my mind.

WTF are you babbling about? We're not talking about a 7 win team. The question is whether a Power 5 school that finishes 11-2 and wins its conference championship could make the playoffs.
And I put forth an entirely possible, but not likely, scenario where every power 5 school wins 7 or less games, and a 7 win team wins the national championship.
also, Im trying to illustrate another ridiculous scenario without writing a dissertation

This team is focused man!!!!!!! I think our only lost is to Bama cause the refs are on their jock. 13-1 is my prediction.

Advertisement
And I put forth an entirely possible, but not likely, scenario where every power 5 school wins 7 or less games, and a 7 win team wins the national championship.
also, Im trying to illustrate another ridiculous scenario without writing a dissertation
It is as likely

Advertisement
CIS hittin' it hard today. SLOOOW down.
miniGif_20210623195847.gif

Next up a thread about infinite bigness and smallness.

Mrs. Diaz, hush, the men are talking and dishes do not wash themselves little lady

Not sure what’s more sad, you actually thinking that was funny or how quickly you immediately knew the doofus who’s spamming every thread was you.

Miami’s bar for success is and should be higher than Randy Shannon‘s accomplishments….winning the pathetic coastal should also be expected every two years at minimum
That went out the window when someone with Shannon’s resume was hired to head coach.

Advertisement
Back