Canes should cancel this bowl game; makes no sense to play it.

Advertisement
I saw the ESPN crawl indicating the ACC dropped the quarantine period from 10 days to 5. Too late to affect our bowl game, and I don't know if it would have made a difference. All we can do is adapt.
If the ACC would’ve made that decision 7-10 days ago odds are we would’ve been able to get guys some practice time and we could’ve played that bowl game.

But 10 days with no activity is a big limiting factor. Trevor Lawrence missed two games over consecutive weekends last year because of that long 10 day runway (he contracted covid on a Thursday)

Last edited:
I was crystal clear on my point on my very first post. Namely, my thesis statement was, no practice time for a large number of players over a matter of weeks and lack of player availability due to Covid protocols could lead to an exponential risk for injuries.

I stand by that.

I took time out to spell it all out clearer in later posts to connect all dots for those who had trouble comprehending why.

There was only downside risk, and that game was ripe for disaster. Many teams with smart leadership were pulling out of bowl games due to those variables and the ever evolving situation.

Thankfully, rational minds in the Miami athletic department thought this through.

You don’t realize it but you just made my point. You were just talking about players getting sick and being in danger from Covid, but your original rationale was game injuries. Are you also for canceling the playoffs and the national championship game as well? Because I guarantee you there are players on all four teams that have Covid. But for some reason we’re not hearing about it.

This Omarion strand been going around like crazy In south Florida. We have new mask mandates started at work now. At least 6 co workers got infected. I’ve got a few friends who tested positive last week. **** is like herpes in the ancient times. Everyone has it
I heard when you catch it you get an ICEBOX where your heart used to be

Advertisement
I was crystal clear on my point on my very first post. Namely, my thesis statement was, no practice time for a large number of players over a matter of weeks and lack of player availability due to Covid protocols could lead to an exponential risk for injuries.

I stand by that.

I took time out to spell it all out clearer in later posts to connect all dots for those who had trouble comprehending why.

There was only downside risk, and that game was ripe for disaster. Many teams with smart leadership were pulling out of bowl games due to those variables and the ever evolving situation.

Thankfully, rational minds in the Miami athletic department thought this through.
Lot of money being lost though

Advertisement
If we cancelled this game, we look like a BUNCH of LOSERS. He'll, everybody are playing THEIR games IT would set a very bad example.

Holy Dan Majerle !!

Canes have now been replaced by Central Michigan in the bowl game.

If we cancelled this game, we look like a BUNCH of LOSERS. He'll, everybody are playing THEIR games IT would set a very bad example.
It just reeks of the same old Miami.

Everyone knows this thing is overblown, that's why the UGA's, LSU's, and Bama's sweep their cases under the rug, and keep going.
But not us b/c "we actually care about protecting these kids."
The kid's at those schools are fine, and we all know it. The difference is, their schools care about football the way our's should.

Advertisement
No one is talking about shutting down the world.
Please take the all emotion of it and focus for a second (and I’m not trying to be mean).

This is only about canceling the bowl game because Miami has too many players out (including the entire O-line group and DB unit) to safely play Friday's game, due to the 10 day quarantine requirement per the ACC guidelines (est. summer 2020).

This isn’t about Omicrons potency, vaccine efficacy or shutting the world down. Bottom line: Miami plays in the ACC and must abide by ACC guidelines. It also impacts other sports, not just football.

Outbreaks within Duke, VT, and BC basketball, and the 10-day quarantine guideline (which left them with less than 8 players) also pushed those universities to cancel all basketball games this week and upcoming weekend.

The NFL, NBA and NHL are all dealing with this, and they have been modifying their guidelines to try and hit this moving target.
You are not wrong about why the game had to be canceled. But it just further proves the rules in place by the ACC (via the CDC) were garbage. The fact that they cut the quarantine in half the day after we had to bow out proves it. I think I even heard if u had the booster and have no symptoms your quarantine is NOTHING (2 days ago it was 10 days no matter what). That is ridiculous… or as they call it on tv… science

humor situation GIF by BestTech

It just reeks of the same old Miami.

Everyone knows this thing is overblown, that's why the UGA's, LSU's, and Bama's sweep their cases under the rug, and keep going.
But not us b/c "we actually care about protecting these kids."
The kid's at those schools are fine, and we all know it. The difference is, their schools care about football the way our's should.
Or because we're playing Waz State in the who gives a f*** bowl vs those schools playing in meaningful games. If we were in a NY6 or playoff game I'm sure we'd find a way to play.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back