Canes Qualify For Bowl Game-Herd Goes Into Deep Depression

**** right I’m a hater. I HATE having a 6 win season when we have the second most talented roster in the ACC and one of the top 5 -6 most talented rosters in college football.

I HATE that we have a soft coach that hasn’t done anything meaningful in 18 years. The only thing that man is decent at is reciting biblical scripture

Thanks for the laugh...top 5 o6 6 rosters in college football...that's rich! Well, you've confirmed you don't reside on this planet. Go sell your 5 or 6 most talented roster declaration to anyone that has even a minimal grasp of college football. Yet, based on your conclusions means that Coach Richt has done a fantastic job of recruiting.

And your despicable act doesn't end with your constant lies about the "U's" football program, but like true belly crawler you are, you attack the man for his religious views. But like all cowards, you wouldn't publicly make that comment if Coach Richt were a Muslim. You know attacking Christians gives you a free pass, once again, a weak-kneed coward.

Advertisement
I have been a fan probably longer than anyone on this board. I have always hoped they would win every game since. This team is going backwards not forward since Richt took over. Teams in early fifties had more imagination on offense. Hard to be impressed because we are now eligible for a participation trophy bowl for being mediocre.. Yes I will,as always , pull for them to win but excuse the **** out of me if I refuse to be a Richt but kisser

How have we went backwards since Richt took over? We won our first bowl game in a decade, posted our first double digit win season in 15 years, reached the ACC title game for the first time. Those are all step forwards.

This season has been the first backwards step since Richt took over. He must make changes after that but that's not something you can do before Thanksgiving

Advertisement
I'll put you down for no

Well, we know you'll back, win or lose because if the Canes win you will complain about how bad they played and should have lost while also claiming Pitt is a weak team. And if they lose you'll be celebrating with the other members of your Confederacy of Dunces.

Why do you hate those kids so much? Reading your posts it is abundantly clear you cannot stand any of the current Canes players. I find that hate deplorable, although your fanatical hate for the coaches and administrations comes in a close second.

Great op OP.

By the way I hope everybody realizes this simple basic rule of law: CMR becoming successful, turning this program around starting in year 4 and beyond is 10x healthier for the program than cutting another head coach and starting over.

I fully support the coach and the staff and believe they will do just that.

Just hysterical that you nut-bags think you're sticking it to anyone because we're 6-5 and "bowl eligible."

Depression set in for those of us with higher standards a month ago, because we are smart enough to know that when a season starts, "#8 Miami", that's not a forecast on our win total.

Now we're going to face the mighty Putterberg Panthers with no TEs because the brain trust running things felt it was a good idea to start the season thin at that position, despite 90% of our playbook carrying at least 1 in the formation. Oh, and we inexplicably were below the scholarship limit post-probation and still didn't bring in an extra body.

But yeah, we're bowl eligible and stuff, so, it's all good.

By the way, how is recruiting going?

Advertisement
Changes have to happen but the mob wants to burn things down before they can happen. It’s a good thing Clemson fired Dabo in year three when they took a step backwards from 9 wins to 6 wins. They would have never got that corrected.

If Richt pulls a Golden and makes no staff changes this offseason, then he needs to go. However, we have to allow the man to get to the offseason to make those changes without being so toxic that nobody wants to come near this program

Without looking, I'm going to guess that Clemson still had a monster recruiting year despite the record. I would love for Richt to turn it around, but have not seen any reason to think he will thus far. And that recruiting thing is going to hurt us down the line no matter what happens with Richt.

Just hysterical that you nut-bags think you're sticking it to anyone because we're 6-5 and "bowl eligible."

Depression set in for those of us with higher standards a month ago, because we are smart enough to know that when a season starts, "#8 Miami", that's not a forecast on our win total.

Now we're going to face the mighty Putterberg Panthers with no TEs because the brain trust running things felt it was a good idea to start the season thin at that position, despite 90% of our playbook carrying at least 1 in the formation. Oh, and we inexplicably were below the scholarship limit post-probation and still didn't bring in an extra body.

But yeah, we're bowl eligible and stuff, so, it's all good.

By the way, how is recruiting going?

Partner, smart and your name should NEVER be in the same sentence. And you're right, Coach Richt should have known that both of his tight ends would be knocked out of the Virginia Tech game and signed 4 or 5 additional scholarship tight ends. If only he had your enormous intellect and vision. By the way Nostradomous, what Canes players will be injured during the Pitt Game? Better yet, how about you publish the names of players who will be injured next year, along with the games said injuries will take place.

For the record, it is moronic to think that by you bashing Pitt you can then downplay any credit the coaches and players will receive should they win. Well, in fairness, your name and moronic are a staple in most sentences ever written about you.

Look, you love to hate the Canes...you have no code. You have no courage. You have no worldly idea about loyalty. Never in your life have you stood up and fought thru a real challenge. I know your hate is not just reserved for the Canes, as being a full-time critic hiding in the cheap seats makes you feel better about your pitiful life.

So, keep rooting for the Canes to fail, because that is the only thing you are good at.

Without looking, I'm going to guess that Clemson still had a monster recruiting year despite the record. I would love for Richt to turn it around, but have not seen any reason to think he will thus far. And that recruiting thing is going to hurt us down the line no matter what happens with Richt.

Recruiting is why he will need to be swift with changes once the season ends. We need to do something that will allow us to steal a few recruits.

Will that happen? I'm not confident but I like the coaches he went after on the defense (Kul, Aranda, Manny) so if he does come to his senses and goes for an OC with the same mindset it can happen. Either way the fate of his tenure here will be decided this offseason

Advertisement
The Canes beatdown of Virginia Tech was fantastic for some and served up the added bonus of qualifying for a Bowl Game. Yes, I know it's not going to be a significant Bowl Game.

My profound concern is for those who were desperately hoping the Canes wouldn't qualify for a Bowl Game as that would have been excellent material to bash the program even further.

With Thanksgiving just around the corner, I couldn't help but think that the V. Tech win compared favorably to Lucy (the Canes) pulling the football away from Charlie Brown (the haters/mob).

Endeavoring to raise your spirits...the Canes could get whipped by Pittsburgh, which would serve as a potent anti-depressant for you.

If the Canes can somehow beat Pittsburgh and also prevail in the Bowl match-up (putting a lump of coal in the haters Christmas stocking), I will be sending a red alert to all of the mob members families to remove all sharp objects from their homes, along with any other items they could use to do harm to themselves.

Please come together with me and say a prayer for the herd that they will survive this most troubling time.

View attachment 69366

364A6D15-1BD0-43A8-A3C7-6F8AADED10E9.jpeg

For a Canes fan to hope the team loses for the sake of making the HC look like a failure is one of the most asinine things I've seen posted here. What about the players? Do you want them to fail as well? What about the future - near and far? What about recruiting?

Do changes need to happen? Absolutely! But to hope for a loss is the last thing I hope for. The ramifications of any more losses would just add more issues than we already face.

Advertisement
Another delusional hater that reads a post, completely dismisses what was articulated and then goes on a rant about something else lodged in his minuscule brain. This thread has taught us all something...reading comprehension is a foreign concept for the haters.

FTR - I think Rekt is rekt, pitt will prolly smash, we lose to ITT in the bowl game and crooting tanks....and I still hope we win every game and I am wrong about the state of the program.

Semi-hater here.

But I have to ask, based on your deft use of the May-mays and verbose but oh so erudite presentations...

Do you perchance own a fedora, have a neckbeard and/or refer to females as m'lady? Do you have an exotic sword collection and watch the big bang theory?

I sure do to all of those!

Meat me in the blue lot for mat drills? Kenneth is reffing.

How have we went backwards since Richt took over? We won our first bowl game in a decade, posted our first double digit win season in 15 years, reached the ACC title game for the first time. Those are all step forwards.

This season has been the first backwards step since Richt took over. He must make changes after that but that's not something you can do before Thanksgiving

Spin it anyway you want but when the team is worse in year 3 than year 1 that is going backwards.

Advertisement
Back