Canes Qualify For Bowl Game-Herd Goes Into Deep Depression

This is what you do at 4 in the morning ? The extra Bowl
Game practices are huge ....
We can practice our 5 plays on offense ad nauseam
Yes. But our younger players will get better and better at those five plays

Seriously, I remember how important it was for Schnellenberger and the program to get to a bowl game--any bowl game--when we finally got the Peach Bowl invite at the end of the '80 season, I guess it was. It was the first bowl game in over a dozen years and it was so important for rebuilding the program. Schnellenberger called it the "perpetual motion machine." You get a bowl game, you get more practice time, the equivalent of a second spring practice. More practice, the players get better. You keep on progressing upward. You can then recruit better.

So, I would never suggest anything good in missing a bowl game. Even if we're perfecting the same predictable five plays. I have a feeling we'll be somewhat more varied in our offense as N'kosi and the young QB's become more experienced.

Still, I share many of the same concerns over Richt's approach. We'll see.

Advertisement
Changes have to happen but the mob wants to burn things down before they can happen. It’s a good thing Clemson fired Dabo in year three when they took a step backwards from 9 wins to 6 wins. They would have never got that corrected.

If Richt pulls a Golden and makes no staff changes this offseason, then he needs to go. However, we have to allow the man to get to the offseason to make those changes without being so toxic that nobody wants to come near this program

You guys gotta stop using that Dabo @ Clemson comparison for a few reasons: 1) Dabo took over as interim coach mid 2008 when Tommy Bowden was fired. So let's just say that year was a wash because he didn't have his own staff in place. 2) Going back off point number #1, the step back in year 3 everyone loves to point out was actually full year 2 of coaching for Dabo. Had Richt gone 6-7 in year 2 plus this year's dismal record his seat would be 1000 degrees. 3) Dabo actually turned things around his 3rd full year, going from 6-6 in the regular season the previous year to 10-2 in year 3 (and hasn't had a worse record since). 4) Dabo was a first time head coach at a P5 program, so learning curves are to be expected. Richt has been a head coach at a P5 program for 17 years and is still stubborn af. 5) Dabo isn't afraid to make staff changes. He fired the Defensive coordinator after Clemson got blasted by WVU in the bowl game and hired Brent Veneables. Richt meanwhile, has to be forced to make staff changes and is blindly loyal.

Yes. But our younger players will get better and better at those five plays

Seriously, I remember how important it was for Schnellenberger and the program to get to a bowl game--any bowl game--when we finally got the Peach Bowl invite at the end of the '80 season, I guess it was. It was the first bowl game in over a dozen years and it was so important for rebuilding the program. Schnellenberger called it the "perpetual motion machine." You get a bowl game, you get more practice time, the equivalent of a second spring practice. More practice, the players get better. You keep on progressing upward. You can then recruit better.

So, I would never suggest anything good in missing a bowl game. Even if we're perfecting the same predictable five plays. I have a feeling we'll be somewhat more varied in our offense as N'kosi and the young QB's become more experienced.

Still, I share many of the same concerns over Richt's approach. We'll see.
Yea in other threads I said we needed to get one more win to make sure we’re bowl eligible, get the extra practices and get that extra game. But this dude is out here at 4 am puffing his chest out at 6-5 🤦🏻‍♂️

You guys gotta stop using that Dabo @ Clemson comparison for a few reasons: 1) Dabo took over as interim coach mid 2008 when Tommy Bowden was fired. So let's just say that year was a wash because he didn't have his own staff in place. 2) Going back off point number #1, the step back in year 3 everyone loves to point out was actually full year 2 of coaching for Dabo. Had Richt gone 6-7 in year 2 plus this year's dismal record his seat would be 1000 degrees. 3) Dabo actually turned things around his 3rd full year, going from 6-6 in the regular season the previous year to 10-2 in year 3 (and hasn't had a worse record since). 4) Dabo was a first time head coach at a P5 program, so learning curves are to be expected. Richt has been a head coach at a P5 program for 17 years and is still stubborn af. 5) Dabo isn't afraid to make staff changes. He fired the Defensive coordinator after Clemson got blasted by WVU in the bowl game and hired Brent Veneables. Richt meanwhile, has to be forced to make staff changes and is blindly loyal.
But that’s too much common sense and objectivity

Yea in other threads I said we needed to get one more win to make sure we’re bowl eligible, get the extra practices and get that extra game. But this dude is out here at 4 am puffing his chest out at 6-5 🤦🏻‍♂️
Not only is Henery puffing out his chest, he's puffing out his bird chest after slamming a shxtty team. With a team as bad as VT, Miami should have put 50 on the board, not 38.

Advertisement
First of all, Shirley, don't tell me what I can and cannot do.

So now you are attacking the Richt press conferences. Hopefully, you can slam him for what he ate for lunch yesterday. And you're right, the gall of that man praising his players for winning a football game. He should have come out and said; "Those bums with the "U's" on their helmets were terrible tonight, have no talent, have no courage and should have lost the game. Simply put...they STINK."

One of the great analogies that will be recreated by Coach Richt next year is Dabo Swinney had a very challenging 3rd season (like Coach Richt) and the following year started his run to National Championships (just like Coach Richt will do).

As my original post clearly stated, you haters are suicidal because the Canes beat V. Tech and are now on your hands and knees praying to your 'God of Hate' that Pittsburgh will destroy them.

You and your ilk are weak and pathetic!

I wasn’t responding to you, Sherlock.

But continue with the 6 win season pep rally. Hip-hip hooray!!

Let’s sing in Richts honor for this grand accomplishment!

“For he’s a jolly good fellow, for he’s a jolly good fellow! Which nobody can deny!”

Last edited:
Oh honey, I might not be able to see dead people, but I see dead football programs. But since you want to come on this site and pound your chest over mediocrity, let's look at facts about VT

99th in total defense.
53rd in total offense
4-6 record(95 out of 130
3-4 conference record.

Losses from:
Old Dominion (LO fxcking L)
Notre Dame
Gt
Bc
Pittsburg

But celebrate away, after beating a dumpster fire that Miami was suppose to beat.

All right, it is clear that no matter what someone tells you, you just keep repeating whatever is currently floating around in your empty head. You do not allow facts to get in your way. But, in fairness, you did answer the question as to who the 'Rain Man' character was fashioned after:

I have been a fan probably longer than anyone on this board. I have always hoped they would win every game since. This team is going backwards not forward since Richt took over. Teams in early fifties had more imagination on offense. Hard to be impressed because we are now eligible for a participation trophy bowl for being mediocre.. Yes I will,as always , pull for them to win but excuse the **** out of me if I refuse to be a Richt but kisser

Last edited:
All right, it is clear that no matter what someone tells you, you just keep repeating whatever is currently floating around in your empty head. You do not allow facts to get in your way. But, in fairness, you did answer the question as to who the 'Rain Man' character was fashioned after:

Hey slick, I'm sorry if official stats from the NCAA are too much to comprehend for you. However, I will agree that a win is a win. But beating VTech is nothing to brag about.

Question. Will you be back after Pitt knocks Richt's offense in the dirt?

Advertisement
I wasn’t responding to you, Sherlock.

But continue with the 6 win season pep rally. Hip-hip hooray!!

Let’s sing in Richts honor for this grand accomplishment!

“For he’s a jolly good fellow, for he’s a jolly good fellow! Which nobody can deny!”

Another delusional hater that reads a post, completely dismisses what was articulated and then goes on a rant about something else lodged in his minuscule brain. This thread has taught us all something...reading comprehension is a foreign concept for the haters.

Hey slick, I'm sorry if official stats from the NCAA are too much to comprehend for you. However, I will agree that a win is a win. But beating VTech is nothing to brag about.

Question. Will you be back after Pitt knocks Richt's offense in the dirt?

And there you have it! The haters are now rooting for Pittsburgh to win:

MiamiHotline commented; "Will you be back after Pitt knocks Richt's offense in the dirt?"

Maybe Perry maturing in some areas other than raw physical ability (like a quick read and fading the blitz) will bring huge change going forward, especially if some coaching and scheming changes occur. Wiggins drop may even be a blessing if it means he doesn't rely on him (and Hartley) so much (to the detriment of good reads and options.) Perhaps even some of the receivers lack of routing, blocking, an fighting could be overcome by a blossoming quarterback.

I like the idea of Perry gaining confidence with more starts. And I bet he's extra serious with Bryant due for an OV. An extra (bowl) game to play this all out can't hurt. Next year is gonna be tuff overall talent-wise; but maybe some senior players who are about as stubborn as the senile coach will be a blessing in that they move on too. The younger guys who have been doing exactly what they are told but not getting PT won't be unhappy with that, (assuming they don't transfer.)

Advertisement
Another delusional hater that reads a post, completely dismisses what was articulated and then goes on a rant about something else lodged in his minuscule brain. This thread has taught us all something...reading comprehension is a foreign concept for the haters.

**** right I’m a hater. I HATE having a 6 win season when we have the second most talented roster in the ACC and one of the top 5 -6 most talented rosters in college football.

I HATE that we have a soft coach that hasn’t done anything meaningful in 18 years. The only thing that man is decent at is reciting biblical scripture

**** right I’m a hater. I HATE having a 6 win season when we have the second most talented roster in the ACC and one of the top 5 -6 most talented rosters in college football.

I HATE that we have a soft coach that hasn’t done anything meaningful in 18 years. The only thing that man is decent at is reciting biblical scripture
well to be fair he brought us our best season in a loooong time...our best win in a loooooong time (ND) and we are a confident QB away from making a run.

**** takes time. you should calm the **** down.

Advertisement
well to be fair he brought us our best season in a loooong time...our best win in a loooooong time (ND) and we are a confident QB away from making a run.

**** takes time. you should calm the **** down.

We are going into year 4, he has a fully stocked roster, these are his guys, there are 3 QBs on the roster HE recruited, he’s had three 4 game losing streaks in 3 years (unnaceptable at any level) and his culture has been established.

But keep thinking we’re just a “QB away”. No, we are a HC away.

We are going into year 4, he has a fully stocked roster, these are his guys, there are 3 QBs on the roster HE recruited, he’s had three 4 game losing streaks in 3 years (unnaceptable at any level) and his culture has been established.

But keep thinking we’re just a “QB away”. No, we are a HC away.
you're verklempt right now. take a breather.

My profound concern is for those who were desperately hoping the Canes wouldn't qualify for a Bowl Game as that would have been excellent material to bash the program even further.

Anyone rooting for Miami to lose is an absolute moron—rooted in some idiotic fantasy that more losses this season would get Mark Richt fired. News flash—the Canes could've finished 5-7 and missed a bowl game; Richt STILL wasn't getting fired year three, so all you're doing in rooting for more losses is asking for MORE damage on the recruiting trail and both short- and long-term hits to the program. It's beyond foolish, immature and pathetic.

Advertisement
Back