Canes players say Tyler Van Dyke is the real deal

It showed up on HS highlights. Time will tell us if it translates to major P5 football.
Facts

It has to happen at this level cause I have seen plenty a good QB highlights and they end up scrubs
I would say Kayaa was the only one where I saw his highlights and said he will be a decent to good cfb qb

Advertisement
THIS.

Richt likes his family time. He never struck anyone as the type of ultra competitive, win-at-all-costs coach who can thrive for years on end without a break.

The Thanksgiving grabass before the Pitt game made my eyes bleed. I think I posted on here that we were f#cked after reading a Herald article that Richt had ordered 500 lbs of Turkey for a team meal the night before the game. Pitt wanted blood while Miami had a jiggly belly full of cranberry sauce. Save the celebration for after the game. You dont go into battle with a full stomach.

Advertisement
It showed up on HS highlights. Time will tell us if it translates to major P5 football.
Exactly and the level of competition in Connecticut is a joke. He was a big fish in a small pond. Time will tell if it translates, but honestly I think matocha is going to give him a run for his money. Has all the physical traits you want, he’s fast, ran spread before, played against high level competition in Texas. People are writing him off but he’s my dark horse.

Himself. He showed up and winded up 2nd on the depth chart.

Im not crowing green tree all Americans either. Just noting that he stepped up in spring.
I just didn’t know they had a depth chart after a week but I hear ya. And just curious where in Detroit you from brother?

Advertisement
I just didn’t know they had a depth chart after a week but I hear ya. And just curious where in Detroit you from brother?

All good. I was surprised Kosi and Tate didn’t have hold on it.

I grew up in Parkside Village Projects on E.Warren and Conner.

Real ****** area. Was glad to leave lol. I live in Washington DC right now.

I remember when Brevin Jordan called Tate Martell “elite”.

I bet this quote about TVD comes from him too lol.

All good. I was surprised Kosi and Tate didn’t have hold on it.

I grew up in Parkside Village Projects on E.Warren and Conner.

Real ****** area. Was glad to leave lol. I live in Washington DC right now.
Ya I agree I thought Tate would show a little more. Right on, I played AAA hockey up there a few years stayed in royal oak. I hear ya lol nothing wrong with that, you’re in a good spot now! There’s a lot of good and a lot of not so good in the d lol

In the limited sample size that teammates have seen him, freshman quarterback Tyler Van Dyke is the real deal. Those were the exact words used by two Canes offensive players.

Van Dyke was only on campus less than two months before classes were suspended due to coronavirus. He and teammates participated in just four spring practices.

But two players on the team said there’s something different about him — in a very good way.

One said he’s really, really good — the best of the quarterbacks competing to back up D’Eriq King. He’s accurate, bright, has a maturity about him and a strong arm. “He’s a gunslinger,” the other said
Both expect him to be the starter in a post-D’Eriq King era, either immediately or soon after.

Barry Jackson
Only confirms what I know to be true.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back