Canes opened -3 vs UVA.

Advertisement
We don't do well when we are the favorite.
Come to think of it, we don't do well when the odds against us either........🤷‍♂️

The total is baffling to me. Opened at 63 and 63.5 and down the 62 now in most places. Miami doesn’t score and UVA doesn’t stop anybody. UVA scores a lot, but can’t block any decent D lines. Miami gives up a lot of yards, but UVA can’t finish drives. No running game on either side. Miami starting a new QB. This screams under and history would agree. Can’t make sense of it.

Imagine Manny Diaz getting home after the game against Central Connecticut State, knowing that win meant nothing...but checks some scores from around the nation and realized UNC has two losses, Clemson has two losses, and atop the ACC is Wake ******* Forest and Virginia Tech. The man's heart starts racing...

vince-mcmahon.gif

and when he wakes up...when a door opens up, you run through that motherfvcker. Go Manny GO. You got this...

giphy.gif
oh this is ******* hilarious!

The total is baffling to me. Opened at 63 and 63.5 and down the 62 now in most places. Miami doesn’t score and UVA doesn’t stop anybody. UVA scores a lot, but can’t block any decent D lines. Miami gives up a lot of yards, but UVA can’t finish drives. No running game on either side. Miami starting a new QB. This screams under and history would agree. Can’t make sense of it.

Yeah, I saw it at 62 points and had the exact same thought. These teams have even touched 40 the last three seasons. Both teams playing a night game on a short week tends to lean under, too.

Advertisement
Yeah, I saw it at 62 points and had the exact same thought. These teams have even touched 40 the last three seasons. Both teams playing a night game on a short week tends to lean under, too.
We hit that number once and I don’t even count it bc it was last week. UVA hit it once against Carolina.

It’ll somehow get there and I’ll hate myself for betting under bc I should’ve known, or I won’t bet it and it’ll end 24-20 and I’ll hate myself for not taking the free money.

We hit that number once and I don’t even count it bc it was last week. UVA hit it once against Carolina.

It’ll somehow get there and I’ll hate myself for betting under bc I should’ve known, or I won’t bet it and it’ll end 24-20 and I’ll hate myself for not taking the free money.

I'll be right there with you. I would suggest one of us bet it and the other not, so that the fates can only **** on one of us this Thursday, but then it'd probably be a last minute push and Canes loss to have us both feeling like a$$.

Advertisement
I'll be right there with you. I would suggest one of us bet it and the other not, so that the fates can only **** on one of us this Thursday, but then it'd probably be a last minute push and Canes loss to have us both feeling like a$$.
I’ll wait for first quarter and half numbers to bet pregame. Not touching full game total unless it’s live

It'll be an over or nothing play for me. UVA is going to score on our defense, we can't rush the passer and Armstrong is legit. They scored 39+ in each of their first 3 games, only 17 last week vs Wake but they had over 500 yards, got inside the 10 three different times and scored a total of 3 points. I'd be shocked if we hold them under 24. And we're going to score on offense. Wayyyyy too much athleticism for their defense, it's an absolute sieve. TVD will start, and he's plenty accurate enough to get our athletes the ball. Everyone has run on them, although I don't expect us to consistently because we couldn't move a sheet of paper off the LOS, but we'll pop a big run or two where they completely lose all alignment and Cam or Rooster get to the 2nd level and showcase their speed. I see this as a 30-24 type game, something like that. I wouldn't touch the under with a pole. UVA has fallen completely off a cliff defensively and their offense is WAY better than the last couple years. They're 5th in the country in YPG and averaging almost 80 plays a game. They added Rod Smith to help out with the offense this year, he's a Rich Rod disciple. They're going way faster on offense so far this year. I think this will be a very uptempo game with advantages to the offenses on both sides and both teams will need to score to win. I don't see this as a traditional Miami-UVA game as well unless it's completely sloppy.

Advertisement
I the O/U looks right. Illiniois is awful and it almost got there. Against Wake UVA went up and down the field and scored only 17 - that's a fluke. Their offense is better and more explosive than MSU. Their defense is worse. They score 38 against us and it goes over.

I the O/U looks right. Illiniois is awful and it almost got there. Against Wake UVA went up and down the field and scored only 17 - that's a fluke. Their offense is better and more explosive than MSU. Their defense is worse. They score 38 against us and it goes over.
If they score 38 then we lose. I don't think they score that much.

Advertisement
Not being a **** here, but I view UVA and the points as a stone cold lock. Don’t bet against the Canes; but if I did, I would load up on the money line.

After going full airborne last Saturday if we start off with 3 inside zone runs and a punt I’m gonna go ape sht at the rock. The boos will be extra loud.

Mendenhall has always makes up for worse talent by outscheming Richt/Manny. Could go either way.

Advertisement
Back