2023 Canes offer Arch Manning QB

This is a 2023 kid. I dont know why folks are talking about being late to offer. Nothing wrong with offering now. The offer will likely have more magnitude given that its coming from a real football coach.

The kid has to go somewhere. The way I see it, its either Ole Miss or anyone else. The Canes could very well be in as good of a position as "anyone else" by the end of the 2022 season.

Advertisement
This is a 2023 kid. I dont know why folks are talking about being late to offer. Nothing wrong with offering now. The offer will likely have more magnitude given that its coming from a real football coach.

The kid has to go somewhere. The way I see it, its either Ole Miss or anyone else. The Canes could very well be in as good of a position as "anyone else" by the end of the 2022 season.
Any chance Arch can reclassify to 2022 as our OC?

If he were apart of our future plans, I'd consider it a late offer. Qbs decide early and this is one of the most sought after recruits in 21st century. That said, both sides seem to have other plans. Goodwill/courtesy offer.

Don't see him going to Bama or UGA. Feel like Texas, LSU, and Clemson would be his powerhouse landing spot if he does not go to Ole Miss.

edit: looks like LSU isn't in it nvm.

Last edited:
Advertisement
At this point, Archie will walking up on stage as X pick in NFL draft before HC Super Mario names OC and DC.

#BelieveIt

#FlyTheBanners

Hmm, interesting to know that we were the last P5 team to offer the kid.
I was scrolling for someone saying the same thing I was thinking before I posted.

This kid didn't have a standing offer in 8th grade?! WTF kind of malpractice is that. Unreal.

I would have agreed, but I think there is a Dumb and Dumber level chance once our staff is intact. I think our OC will be a draw. They very much value QB coaching. Weirdly, I don't see a lot of great options for him. I know that sounds strange, but I think Kiffin and the Mannings are a bad fit and that Ole Miss is going to regress a lot this year. UGA seems like a QB killer so far. They are far from dynamic offensively. Bama would be a great option of course (vomit). I might even have them in the lead. TAMU maybe the way they are recruiting. The family supposedly hates LSU. USC has their top 3 guy already. TENN is a ****show. I don't see him going to a cold weather school. UF is viable (double vomit) if they like Napier but not optimal. They are an SEC family so they'd have to let go of that which is a longshot.

I am just saying once CFB sees the commitment we are making, that we have a top staff, and of course Mario is very impactful... punchers chance at best. But why not throw our hat in the ring? :)
Brian Kelly may be the only caveat that gives LSU a shot, the Mannings don’t like LSU as an institution, but Brian Kelly is a stabilizer that could persuade them.

I think he’ll go to either Bama or Ole Miss, but it will come down to which program he can start as a TF at.

Brian Kelly may be the only caveat that gives LSU a shot, the Mannings don’t like LSU as an institution, but Brian Kelly is a stabilizer that could persuade them.

I think he’ll go to either Bama or Ole Miss, but it will come down to which program he can start as a TF at.
Heck I don't like LSU as an institution because the university is a joke.

Advertisement

You never know but I don't think he will take long with his decision.

I think Ole Miss or anyone else in the SEC is probably more acurate.

Advertisement
Interesting... From the Clemson board:

This month, five-star Arch Manning of New Orleans (La.) Isidore Newman informed Clemson the Tigers are out of the running. It was a friendly and genuine conversation that was had between Manning and Clemson, presumably Brandon Streeter, whom the Mannings respect a great deal. No bad blood. Just Manning deciding to go in a different direction. He'll choose among Texas, Georgia, Alabama, Ole Miss, and LSU.

Mansell says he expects the Mannings to make a decision by late summer... The family had said by fall..

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back