Canes NFL Draft Projections

AQM thinks he's better than he is??? did you speak to him yesterday or some ****?

I would take a chance on him before I draft Myles Garrett overrated ***.

AQM never did anything here with his wish bone legs.............if u went by here (forums) he was reggie white but when u watch film hes a decent player.

Advertisement
AQM thinks he's better than he is??? did you speak to him yesterday or some ****?

How can I take you serious after that statement?

Myles Garret is a guaranteed bust... Dude played like a jag in majority of every game he played in, only look like a 1st round talent against non power 5 schools.

AQM a better pass rusher and better all around player, a 1st round talent for a 3rd-4th Rd pick... Easy steal.

Man GTFOH. lol

DUDE IS WYLIN

had to go back to read that handle again and never listen to his evals ever again.........orange n green glasses not coming of him

Elder's not going in the 2nd round. Definitely not in this CB heavy class. He's a good player but IMO he's not good enough to void the fact that he's 5'10" 180lbs and runs a 4.5 forty. (not that a 4.5 is terrible or anything, but you'd like to see small CB's run a little better IMO)

The guys who I think will go higher than expected are Jenkins and Coley. They both helped themselves greatly at the combine. Jenkins combination of size and speed is rare.

I'd be surprised if Isidora goes in the 3rd after the way he got manhandled at times. Feliciano was much better than him while here and he was a reach for the Raiders in the 3rd. Brandon Linder was selected in the 3rd and he's better than both of them.

I think Colbert and Grace will get a shot. Colbert has a rare combination of size and speed plus he's super physical. And the NFL has a spot for guys like Grace. He moves too well.

Agree on Corn
Agree on Jenkins
Not sure Coley goes higher than the 4th though. Not sure what you think.
Isadora will go earlier than people think solely because this is a ****** as **** OL class. Think worst in 15 yrs has been tossed around. Obviously Isadora is not as good as Linder. But its all relative.
Dont really get why people think Grace who is undersized, wasn't invited to the combine, and was suspended his senior season will get drafted. He will have to earn his spot as an UDFA otherwise he's looking at the CFL.

Elder's not going in the 2nd round. Definitely not in this CB heavy class. He's a good player but IMO he's not good enough to void the fact that he's 5'10" 180lbs and runs a 4.5 forty. (not that a 4.5 is terrible or anything, but you'd like to see small CB's run a little better IMO)

The guys who I think will go higher than expected are Jenkins and Coley. They both helped themselves greatly at the combine. Jenkins combination of size and speed is rare.

I'd be surprised if Isidora goes in the 3rd after the way he got manhandled at times. Feliciano was much better than him while here and he was a reach for the Raiders in the 3rd. Brandon Linder was selected in the 3rd and he's better than both of them.

I think Colbert and Grace will get a shot. Colbert has a rare combination of size and speed plus he's super physical. And the NFL has a spot for guys like Grace. He moves too well.

Agree on Corn
Agree on Jenkins
Not sure Coley goes higher than the 4th though. Not sure what you think.
Isadora will go earlier than people think solely because this is a ****** as **** OL class. Think worst in 15 yrs has been tossed around. Obviously Isadora is not as good as Linder. But its all relative.
Dont really get why people think Grace who is undersized, wasn't invited to the combine, and was suspended his senior season will get drafted. He will have to earn his spot as an UDFA otherwise he's looking at the CFL.

Yeah I agree on Coley. I see him in the 3rd/4th. But I think he'll actually contribute in the league.
You make a valid point about Isidora but I've never been high on him. He's trash IMO. Never was that good to begin with and I called it when we signed him.

I don't think Grace will get drafted. I think him and Colbert will get legit looks though and will ultimately contribute in the league.

Advertisement

this ol class sucks...Isadora is gone before the 4th

With the Draft 2 weeks away thought I'd give my projections with a small scouting report for each of our prospects.

Te Njoku (1st-2nd)- Athletic freak. Pro-bowl potential. Hands can be inconsistent. Makes a hard catch, drops the easy one. Can engage more as a blocker, but will be flexed out at the next level. Walking mismatch.

Cb Elder (2nd-3rd)- Undersized sub-package corner that would ideally be faster. Ultra-competitive. A fighter who isn't afraid to come up and put his facemask into a ball-carrier. Effective slot blitzer. High-School Rb with Punt Return ability. Very nice player w/size limitations.

S Jenkins (3rd-4th)- One of the draft's most underrated prospects. Size & speed combo w/solid ball-skills & IQ. Produced throughout college career. Interchangeable safety that can cover the deep half of the field and is physical enough in-the-box. Can be hesitant at times and man coverage could improve, but is a starter in the league.

Og Isidora (3rd-4th)- Solid size w/strong base. Underrated athlete. Doesn't "win" blocks, but holds ground. Hands are his best assets. A smart multi-year college starter in a pro-style offense. A long-time pro best suited for a zone-scheme.

Qb Kaaya (3rd-4th)- A statue in the pocket. Can make every throw given time. When things break down so does he. Leadership skills & big-game moxie are question marks. Developmental prospect that could work in a system that focuses on rhythm & timing. Good head on his shoulders. Will put in time and say the right things.

Wr Coley (4th-5th)- A pure talent who rests too much on said talent. Emotional player. Coaches & scouts have questioned work ethic. Smooth, effortless speed. Solid hands & good body-control. Big-Play threat w/nice wiggle when ball is in his hands. Route-running and understanding of positional nuances need major work. If he ever "gets it" could be very successful, but could also just as easily flame out. Durability has been an issue.

S Carter (5th-6th)- Body-beautiful. Special Teams player. Non-existent ball skills. If he can cover Te's & Rb's could carve out a niche.

De Muhammad (6th-7th)- Thinks he is much better than he is. Probably not worth the headache. If he was more realistic he could be an effective rotational pass-rusher. Talent level is 4th or 5th but baggage weighs him down.

P Vogel (6th-7th)- Good directional punter. Lacks powerful leg and not handling KO duties hurts value.

Rb Yearby (Undrafted)- Dime a dozen back. Lacks straight-line speed. Makes up for it with good shake. Needs to focus on hands & pass-protection, as his only chance of "making it" is as a 3rd down back. Reminds me of the various scat backs who have played for the Patriots over the years.

Cb Colbert (Undrafted)- Track guy with top-end speed. Lacks experience & NFL instincts. Stiff hips. Might stick on a Practice Squad where he could refine skills with NFL coaching. The definition of a project. Injury ?'s.

Lb Grace (Undrafted)- Too small for the NFL. Will get ate up by blockers & have trouble disengaging. Extremely scheme-dependent. Practice Squad player w/some upside.

Fb Williams (Undrafted)- Solid lead-blocker, who is a dying breed in the changing NFL. Might be phased out before he ever gets a chance.

Wr Lewis (Undrafted)- Never was the same after gruesome ankle injury. Hopefully will catch on with a Practice Squad.

De Dobard (Undrafted)- A blocking TE who never produced. Switching to DE W/good 40 should get him a longer look than he would have if he stayed at TE.

C Gall (Undrafted)- LOL

I didn't see Colbert as stiff. He could be a steal-rangy, very fast, outstanding tackler.

Dobard was a bad run blocker for his entire career.

Think Coley goes 3rd round but has more talent and value than his draft position will suggest. Pesky injury bug, very talented.

With the Draft 2 weeks away thought I'd give my projections with a small scouting report for each of our prospects.

Te Njoku (1st-2nd)- Athletic freak. Pro-bowl potential. Hands can be inconsistent. Makes a hard catch, drops the easy one. Can engage more as a blocker, but will be flexed out at the next level. Walking mismatch.

Cb Elder (2nd-3rd)- Undersized sub-package corner that would ideally be faster. Ultra-competitive. A fighter who isn't afraid to come up and put his facemask into a ball-carrier. Effective slot blitzer. High-School Rb with Punt Return ability. Very nice player w/size limitations.

S Jenkins (3rd-4th)- One of the draft's most underrated prospects. Size & speed combo w/solid ball-skills & IQ. Produced throughout college career. Interchangeable safety that can cover the deep half of the field and is physical enough in-the-box. Can be hesitant at times and man coverage could improve, but is a starter in the league.

Og Isidora (3rd-4th)- Solid size w/strong base. Underrated athlete. Doesn't "win" blocks, but holds ground. Hands are his best assets. A smart multi-year college starter in a pro-style offense. A long-time pro best suited for a zone-scheme.

Qb Kaaya (3rd-4th)- A statue in the pocket. Can make every throw given time. When things break down so does he. Leadership skills & big-game moxie are question marks. Developmental prospect that could work in a system that focuses on rhythm & timing. Good head on his shoulders. Will put in time and say the right things.

Wr Coley (4th-5th)- A pure talent who rests too much on said talent. Emotional player. Coaches & scouts have questioned work ethic. Smooth, effortless speed. Solid hands & good body-control. Big-Play threat w/nice wiggle when ball is in his hands. Route-running and understanding of positional nuances need major work. If he ever "gets it" could be very successful, but could also just as easily flame out. Durability has been an issue.

S Carter (5th-6th)- Body-beautiful. Special Teams player. Non-existent ball skills. If he can cover Te's & Rb's could carve out a niche.

De Muhammad (6th-7th)- Thinks he is much better than he is. Probably not worth the headache. If he was more realistic he could be an effective rotational pass-rusher. Talent level is 4th or 5th but baggage weighs him down.

P Vogel (6th-7th)- Good directional punter. Lacks powerful leg and not handling KO duties hurts value.

Rb Yearby (Undrafted)- Dime a dozen back. Lacks straight-line speed. Makes up for it with good shake. Needs to focus on hands & pass-protection, as his only chance of "making it" is as a 3rd down back. Reminds me of the various scat backs who have played for the Patriots over the years.

Cb Colbert (Undrafted)- Track guy with top-end speed. Lacks experience & NFL instincts. Stiff hips. Might stick on a Practice Squad where he could refine skills with NFL coaching. The definition of a project. Injury ?'s.

Lb Grace (Undrafted)- Too small for the NFL. Will get ate up by blockers & have trouble disengaging. Extremely scheme-dependent. Practice Squad player w/some upside.

Fb Williams (Undrafted)- Solid lead-blocker, who is a dying breed in the changing NFL. Might be phased out before he ever gets a chance.

Wr Lewis (Undrafted)- Never was the same after gruesome ankle injury. Hopefully will catch on with a Practice Squad.

De Dobard (Undrafted)- A blocking TE who never produced. Switching to DE W/good 40 should get him a longer look than he would have if he stayed at TE.

C Gall (Undrafted)- LOL

Sorry to break everybody's hearts but I've actually have had a chance to ask around about Stacy Coley with a couple of guys that my dad has worked with in the past and there more to Stacy than you guys think.

- apparently hasn't been fully honest with the car rental stuff....they got more out of Quan than him so far
- more concerned about Injuries
- they are not in the same boat as we are about his hands, they think they're ok
- didn't impress anybody at the combine, performed the way they thought he would

It actually hurts me to say that about him because I'm actually buddies with him but that's what I've heard so far. Don't be shocked if he's there round 6

Also, LOL at Corn being a 2nd round pick. I love the guy as a player but he's in a draft class in which there's 10 guys worthy of being first round picks. Sorry, no only is he small but he's rail thin compared to other CB's...even for a CB of his size

Last edited:
Advertisement

this ol class sucks...Isadora is gone before the 4th

You've always liked Isadora. I think he's awful.

C Gall (Undrafted)- LOL

Sorry to break everybody's hearts but I've actually have had a chance to ask around about Stacy Coley with a couple of guys that my dad has worked with in the past and there more to Stacy than you guys think.

- apparently hasn't been fully honest with the car rental stuff....they got more out of Quan than him so far
- more concerned about Injuries
- they are not in the same boat as we are about his hands, they think they're ok
- didn't impress anybody at the combine, performed the way they thought he would

It actually hurts me to say that about him because I'm actually buddies with him but that's what I've heard so far. Don't be shocked if he's there round 6

Also, LOL at Corn being a 2nd round pick. I love the guy as a player but he's in a draft class in which there's 10 guys worthy of being first round picks. Sorry, no only is he small but he's rail thin compared to other CB's...even for a CB of his size

You make valid points.

As crappy as my Dolphins have drafted the last 10 yrs, almost every one of these guys could probably make the 53 man roster and get playing time if they (Dolphins) were to draft or sign them.

Njoku would start day 1. He is on par or better IMO than Thomas.
Elder would be nickel at the very least and is as talented as any CB on the team. **** they drafted the Big 10 WR of the yr so they could make him a CB.
Jenkins would prob be in the 2 deep with his size speed combo. Our Ss are weak outside of Rashad Jones
Coley would be at worst 4th best WR behind Landry, Parker, and Stills.
Isidora, as bad as he is at times, would be an upgrade over Urbik, Steen, or Sam Young.
Yearby would get some burn. I don't believe in Ajayi or Drake. I actually wish D. Williams would get more touches.
Colbert would get a legit shot. Same as Jenkins above.
Grace would make the team. Our LBs outside of Alonso and Timmons are garbage.

AQM never did anything here with his wish bone legs.............if u went by here (forums) he was reggie white but when u watch film hes a decent player.
Pretty productive player in that awful defense. Would have had a 10+ sack year 15+ tfl if he played with in the defense last year.
**** he he had 5.5 sacks 8.5 tfl in golden scheme which is unheard of numbers as a golden dlineman

Advertisement
Njoku 1st
Elder 4th
Coley 5th
Jenkins 4th
Isidora 4th
Kaaya 4th
Carter 7th
Colbert 6th
AQM/Vogel/Yearby/Grace UDFA

Pretty productive player in that awful defense. Would have had a 10+ sack year 15+ tfl if he played with in the defense last year.
**** he he had 5.5 sacks 8.5 tfl in golden scheme which is unheard of numbers as a golden dlineman

AQM would've been the best DE in the ACC last year

Myles Garret is a guaranteed bust... Dude played like a jag in majority of every game he played in, only look like a 1st round talent against non bcs schools

You obviously watch more tape and have more knowledge of the game.

I don't know how good Garrett will be but the A&M games I watched he never really had to set the edge. He was just going upfield every play. Tons of potential but he isn't an all around player yet.

Garrett is easily the most overrated player in the draft.... He is a future bust. Show me a game he dominated in? Ppl on his **** bc of his combine numbers but he never played it up to that on the field.

I would take a chance on AQM way before I draft him.

Advertisement

Myles Garret is a guaranteed bust... Dude played like a jag in majority of every game he played in, only look like a 1st round talent against non bcs schools

You obviously watch more tape and have more knowledge of the game.

I don't know how good Garrett will be but the A&M games I watched he never really had to set the edge. He was just going upfield every play. Tons of potential but he isn't an all around player yet.

Garrett is easily the most overrated player in the draft.... He is a future bust. Show me a game he dominated in? Ppl on his **** bc of his combine numbers but he never played it up to that on the field.

I would take a chance on AQM way before I draft him.

He's an elite athlete and flashes a lot but wasn't productive against top level competition. That's the knock on him

You finally have gotten your projections done!!! I know that all 32 of the NFL GM's and scouting departments have been waiting for this. I am sure that they will be pleased!

Sorry to be pessimistic, but don't see any Canes going in the first three rounds other than Njoku - he likely goes 10-16 range of the first round. Hopefully there'll be a run on Canes beginning with the 4th or 5th round.

Advertisement
Back