Canes need to pay for NFL Coach: Spot on Take URBAN MEYER!

I agree with Colin Cowherd, we should look to an NFL coach. That’s what worked here in the past with Lou Saban, Schnelly, and Butch.

Nick Saban was an NFL coach.

Someone who understands and can teach basic fundamental football and who can deal with the South Florida diva mentality and toughen them up.

What we cannot do is hire another lower tier “up and coming young coach” from west boise state farming college.

This is a pro town, and we do best with pro coaches.

Advertisement
Right now Pete Carroll and Urban are the only HCs I would be happy with as UM coach. Anyone else including good ole Belichek could fail here. Recruiting recruiting recruiting
John Harbaugh. Sean Payton.

Doug Pederson on the next tier down.

... and before the dip**** "we can't afford them" crowd shows up.

I posted in another thread if we raised season ticket prices by $150 on average we would bring in $6M more a year and our tickets would still be dirt cheap compared to every other sporting event in town. Throw in some booster money for assistants/analysts/support staff and NIL payments and now were cooking with Crisco.

All of those guys would have amazing staffs and kill it here and maybe they are more interested in living in FL than the 24/7/365 grind of the NFL.

Last edited:
No my list has Freeze Butch Mario Carrol Urban....u know what they all have in common. They all recruit elite players. My bad I hurt your feelings with being right the last time I apologize in advance for next time. Oh and if it's a bust I'll let u know asap day one.

Don’t you think kids will commit to an NFL coach, knowing they will be coached up?

I would send my son to play for Saban and bags/personality have nothing to do with it…their coaches are pros while other schools hire dudes who want to be buddies with these high school kids.

Don’t you think kids will commit to an NFL coach, knowing they will be coached up?

I would send my son to play for Saban and bags/personality have nothing to do with it…their coaches are pros while other schools hire dudes who want to be buddies with these high school kids.
No they won't commit to an NFL coach. He has to have that gift to recruit. Cfb is different than the nfl

Advertisement

I posted in another thread if we raised season ticket prices by $150 on average we would bring in $6M more a year and our tickets would still be dirt cheap compared to every other sporting event in town. Throw in some booster money for assistants/analysts/support staff and NIL payments and now were cooking with Crisco.

All of those guys would have amazing staffs and kill it here and maybe they are more interested in living in FL than the 24/7/365 grind of the NFL.
As long as they can recruit elite players I'm fine cause no matter x and O's if u have basic guys running those plays u won't reach the top. U will stay stuck in quicksand

My man my feelings aren’t hurt when you start threads gloating… My feelings are hurt watching our beloved Canes play like dog 💩. I believe most of the board wanted/wants Mario… Carrol and Urban are pipe dreams in my opinion… Freeze to me is interesting. If no to Mario my next up would be Lane. Fits your bill of recruit recruit recruit
Y'all upset I was right like I wanted to be right. Dude they hired the wrong guy and I called it that's it. If I agreed with it I would of been as giddy as u guys.

Beyond stupid.

Harbaugh just beat the Chiefs last night. So yeah lets put him at the top of the list. And this is the guy who tried to tell @SWFLHurricane he was a hedge fund manager. I'm sure what you meant was, at the lawn mowing company you work for, you are the who is responsible for trimming the hedges.

What about dan enos, why is he not on your list?

No they won't commit to an NFL coach. He has to have that gift to recruit. Cfb is different than the nfl

How does Alabama do it then? Maybe you’re right but I’m just **** sick of Miami hiring coaches with zero experience who know nothing about football.

Give me actual football coaches, I don’t give a **** about recruiters anymore unless they’re big time like Trob. No more Coleys or Bandas.

Advertisement
Lemme guess, we just go kidnap the guy and MAKE him coach the team?
Have to say Colin is spot on. Think about how Saban burned out in NFL and made way back to college then the rest was history. Can’t help but feel the same way about Urban Meyer when he fizzles in NFL and inevitably goes back to college. May never happen but can we get some momentum for Urban to the U. Just imagine
No. He aint coming

How does Alabama do it then? Maybe you’re right but I’m just **** sick of Miami hiring coaches with zero experience who know nothing about football.

Give me actual football coaches, I don’t give a **** about recruiters anymore unless they’re big time like Trob. No more Coleys or Bandas.
We always have like one position coach who can recruit yet all the other positions are depleted. Reason it doesn't seem that way cause our fans hype certain kids up who become bad evals. The proof of said evals is NFL performance where they receive NFL level coaching and do absolutely nothing at that level. Bama does it by the best evals and the best closer in cfb the HC and they stack positions. I don't want to be UCF I want to be UM...I want pro bowl calibers across the board ready to eat and if they don't a back up AA ready to take his spot. When we get that it won't be cause of x and O's it will be cause we have great players. Bama can run a basic run the ball offense and be dominant still cause of that roster.

A fanbase that barely pays for an IPF thinks that they can afford Urban Meyer and the infrastructure needed to attract him. Urban, if he came back to college ball is heading to USC or potentially Oregon if Miami poaches Mario. He isn't going to any school where the budget isn't limitless, because HE DOESN'T HAVE TO. Urban knows that in today's "Richest Team Wins" college football world, he would be at a huge disadvantage going to a place like Miami and unlike Mario, he doesn't have ties to the University.

Frankly, this "Get the biggest name you can find" nonsense is just that, nonsense. Get me the best candidate you can find, with a budget that allows us to build a high performing staff around them. If a booster is willing to pay for Mario, then fine. If Bill Clark wants to come, then fine. If Chris Petersen decides that retirement sucks, then great. Just get me a solid coach that knows what he is doing and will hold these student athletes accountable. Get me someone that will produce a compelling product.

Advertisement
We always have like one position coach who can recruit yet all the other positions are depleted. Reason it doesn't seem that way cause our fans hype certain kids up who become bad evals. The proof of said evals is NFL performance where they receive NFL level coaching and do absolutely nothing at that level. Bama does it by the best evals and the best closer in cfb the HC and they stack positions. I don't want to be UCF I want to be UM...I want pro bowl calibers across the board ready to eat and if they don't a back up AA ready to take his spot. When we get that it won't be cause of x and O's it will be cause we have great players. Bama can run a basic run the ball offense and be dominant still cause of that roster.

Let’s hope it’s Cristobal then. Dude can recruit we know that. And he’s a tough coach who would have us playing physical football again which might be exactly what we need right now.

I want to see Lane Kiffin down here doing lines off Kiki Passo’s ***.

Advertisement
Beyond stupid.

Harbaugh just beat the Chiefs last night. So yeah lets put him at the top of the list. And this is the guy who tried to tell @SWFLHurricane he was a hedge fund manager. I'm sure what you meant was, at the lawn mowing company you work for, you are the who is responsible for trimming the hedges.

What about dan enos, why is he not on your list?
And he calls other people dip****s if they suggest we can't afford them. As if they would even be on a list. I'm pretty certain Jon Harbaugh and Sean Payton wouldn't even take a phone call from Miami, let alone consider the job. Maybe his next suggestion will be Tomlin or Andy Reid.

Advertisement
Back