Canes Media Day

Advertisement
Advertisement

I’m really happy for him and pulling for him to have a great breakout year. The kids been through a lot with these injuries and always has a smile on his face and never lets it get him down. He’s paid his dues to the football gods and deserves it. He’s the kind of high character kid that makes a locker room great.

Last edited:

Jesus, good luck blocking this guy. Also, a reminder that he looked like this less than 2 years ago:

1565729605722.jpeg

Advertisement
I’m really happy for him and pulling for him to have a great breakout year. The kids been through a lot with these injuries and always has a smile on his face and never lets it get him down. He’s paid his dues to the football gods and deserves it. He’s the kind of high character kid that makes a locker great.
I feel we have some good backs.. but I really hope Burns gets a chance to run.. Really want to see what he can do...Hope he is a redshirt Freshman.. Is he?

Last edited:
So ... JW graded out at an 88 at the decisive scrimmage. Is that a grade that should excite everyone? Is it like academic grading, a B+?

Advertisement
First time in quite a while we have good depth at every skill position. Line is a concern at the tackles, so I would expect us to do a good deal of Deejay right and DeeJay left on 8/24.

Advertisement

This is why so many of us think so lowly of the “reporters” that cover the Hurricanes. Don’t know who it was, but the dude asked the same exact question that Dan Enos had just elaborated on. Dan looked at him like, “Are you stupid, deaf, or both?” He actually told the guy, “Well...again, I just said.” You can’t make this **** up.

Great insight by both Coach Enos and Manolo “Pepe Machete” Diaz on how they came to their decision on who would be QB 1.

My three biggest take aways so far:

1) Not only is Williams the most accurate and performed the best on the field he seems to be the best at prep and knows the playbook inside and out. The way Brevin expressed how Williams knew all the plays in the playbook and could help him is very revealing and encouraging.

2) Manmy is letting Enos be Enos. Did not talk to him at all and just let him figure things out on his own.
Then they had a meeting of the minds, shared notes and figured out who would be the starter. That is a great way to delegate power but still be in charge.
Must be very refreshing when compared to the control freak of an employer Enos had last year.

3) Manny is not opposed to a special package for Tate. He did not have to answer the question and yet he did. I like where this may lead.

This is why so many of us think so lowly of the “reporters” that cover the Hurricanes. Don’t know who it was, but the dude asked the same exact question that Dan Enos had just elaborated on. Dan looked at him like, “Are you stupid, deaf, or both?” He actually told the guy, “Well...again, I just said.” You can’t make this **** up.

Great insight by both Coach Enos and Manolo “Pepe Machete” Diaz on how they came to their decision on who would be QB 1.

Yeah, but what gave him the edge?

Advertisement
Back