Canes in the Mix for All the Palmetto Kids

The kid wouldn’t even pick up the phone for us if he was playing call of duty or something that’s how bad off we were. Now we’re chatting with his pops and man this staff is good at getting people to listen to the pitch. With that being said I wouldn’t even say we have a 10 percent chance in my personal opinion

How much do you think peer pressure is a part of this new interest? That coupled with Manny/Rumph and whoever else he is talking to (Cooney, DVD)? Manny can be a very effective speaker, as we know. He's made a lot of big changes since the season ended which I'm sure has also gotten attention. Having serious consideration from James Williams, Leonard Taylor and others cannot be hurting the cause here. And then there's Walker coming back to Miami...

And then there's whatever went down between UF and Palmetto..... Probably all a factor here..

Advertisement
How much do you think peer pressure is a part of this new interest? That coupled with Manny/Rumph and whoever else he is talking to (Cooney, DVD)? Manny can be a very effective speaker, as we know. He's made a lot of big changes since the season ended which I'm sure has also gotten attention. Having serious consideration from James Williams, Leonard Taylor and others cannot be hurting the cause here. And then there's Walker coming back to Miami...

And then there's whatever went down between UF and Palmetto..... Probably all a factor here..
I agree. Kids pay attention and ride waves and we look really attractive right now without even playing a game. Plus he has teammates that are seriously interested and we’re taking an entire staff approach on the big fish. LT has heard from everybody on staff

I find it interesting that Manasco suddenly found clarity regarding how Miami coaches have recruited Smith after a reporter asked him the same question once the interview was posted. I suspect he realized he was caught in a lie and his agenda would be exposed.

I don't know who the **** Manasco is but his name has come up in the forum a few times and never in a good light. I don't like that guy. Hope he is aware that Miami fans have caught on to him being a piece of ****. What else can be done to expose him as a fraud?

pretty much - here's the "update"
"Nobody has been recruiting Brashard Smith harder than Rhett Lashlee," Palmetto head coach Mike Manasco said. "They are absolutely in love--maybe I misspoke, but that's what I meant to say. That's basically why Brashard decommitted (from Florida). They've done such a great job and they love him."

After publishing the article, a follow-up was done with Manasco to clarify his statement about Miami's interest.

"I totally didn't mean to say that," Manasco said. "That's not exactly what I meant at all."

Manasco believes Miami is heavily interested in Smith.

"They are 100 percent in," Manasco said. "The offensive staff loves Brashard. My thing was with what I was saying before is I've been trying to put him on Miami's radar since he was in ninth grade and now they're definitely 100 percent in on him."
What a joke this Manasco fella is. If he wasn’t twin UFag up the backside I’d somewhat believe him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Can someone translate what Cooney is saying?
He's talking to Ricky (the founder of SFE express 7v7 squad) about how they landed all the MNW kids & how it will impact the Palmetto targets.

Most of the Palmetto boys played their optimist ball for the Richmond Giants.

He's being vague because he's not allowed to be specific about which recruits.

He's talking to Ricky (the founder of SFE express 7v7 squad) about how they landed all the MNW kids & how it will impact the Palmetto targets.

Most of the Palmetto boys played their optimist ball for the Richmond Giants.

He's being vague because he's not allowed to be specific about which recruits.

1F1F44AA-E15F-4A75-A315-D72C12A8B39A.gif

Blue Magic, 5-part, Panthers, tweet location came from Palmetto,FL..... Now if you're telling me we're in it for ALL 5 Palmetto Panther kids.... MY GAWD!!!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Lmao it makes sense now. What school did he end up at ?

I was just goofing around lol. But thats happend in the past with other coaches like Sedrick Irvin and a few others. I think it’s been reported he’s an FSU alum though.

Advertisement
Back