Official "Canes Fans" who root for FSU Tears thread

The whole SEC was overrated this year. Beating up on other overrated teams in the SEC. Georgia shouldn’t have been number 1. That ranking was solely on last year’s team. Not that I think FSU is anything special offensively but their defense has been playing better than Georgia’s or Alabama’s. Alabama deserved to be left out.
You smoking crack??? Even with their Qb1 FS💩 would get crushed by Bama and Georgia. The mighty Canes almost took them down with a Frosh and a limited playbook for GODS sake. You’ll get your wish to test that garbage Defense vs Georgia or Oregon or even the Taints.

Advertisement
Not a Nole fan at all. The problem with this is that FSU would have lost vs Washington or Michigan but if they beat Georgia who is terribly overrated then we get to hear non-stop about how they would have won it all, having only beaten 1 team.
I don’t care or deal in what if’s. It was so fockking satisfying to see them not get in. They are not winning against anyone with their 2 Garbage frosh Qb’s. But even if they pull off this miracle I’m glad they got shafted! As Canes fans we’ve been experienced in that department. Respectfully

Advertisement
20231203_202013.jpg

Advertisement
That’s the logic we’ll have to use in recruiting if they don’t get in. In a 12 team playoff the ACC gets in. I guess
The ACC can get 2 teams in next year. If Louisville hadn't lost to Kentucky, they would have been ranked 9th going into the ACC title game.

Under next year's format, a 1-loss Louisville and 1-loss FSU team would have put both into the 12-team playoff.

So, the formula is get to Charlotte undefeated and your in or get there with 1 loss, but win the ACC title and your in.

What the ACC schools need to do is keep winning against the SEC and B1G to change the perception. This season, the ACC won a majority of their games against the SEC and B1G.

Outside of 2 teams in the SEC (Alabama, Georgia) and B1G ( Michigan, Ohio State), those conferences aren't any better than the ACC. They'll both add 2 strong teams next year.

Moving forward Miami, Clemson, FSU, VT and UNC need to be strong with at least 2 teams in the top 10. It's definitely doable.

The CFP committee wasn't going to leave the SEC out of the CFP.

FSU losing Travis gave the committee the opportunity to move FSU when their offense looked inept for the past 2 weeks despite winning both games. Evaluation of injuries is written in the committee's bylaws. I would like to see injury evaluation removed because the injury impact is 100% subjective.

If a number things don't happen, the CFP looks QUOTE different.

If the Auburn DC doesn't take a stupid pill on the last play of the game, Alabama loses and doesn't make the CFP. Neither would Texas. UGA would be in with 1 loss.

If Georgia beats Alabama, FSU is in.

Texas only got in because in order to put Alabama in, the committee had to put Texas in since they beat the Tide.

Like life college football isn't fair. The 12 team playoff levels the playing field a bit. If you get left out at 13, no crying. Do better next year.

One thing I would like instituted is that the P-4 conference champions get an automatic bid and host. Winning your conference should mean something and you should be rewarded. This would keep 1 conference from hosting all the playoff games. A similar format like the NFL's division champions hosting regardless of record.

Dem ******** didn’t give 2 ***** about us not making the title game in 2000… (****, they were eagerly ready to replace us, EVEN THOUGH we beat they *** head to head…..remember?) So I don’t care one fucc about dem missing the playoffs in 2023. What’s crazy to me is that Bama shot up 4-5 spots…. like they beat the KC Chiefs or somebody. ThUGA dropped out of the top 4.🤣😂🤣… So, living in GA… I get to revel in puppy dawg tears all day today.

Advertisement
There’s no really good option for us. I don’t want them in but I will also say that if they can’t get in undefeated then no way the committee would let us in either under the same circumstances and we’d all be screaming. That shows recruits that we are stuck in a second tier or 3rd tier conference - which it is. We really need out of the ACC
This is not the website for naunce lol. Objectively, this decision by the committee sets a terrible precedent that flies in the face of what was said before, significantly undermines our current conference (and UM's respectability as a team), adds several nails to the ACC'S coffin (which may be good for us at the cost of other schools/the sport as a whole), reinforces the corruption that ESECPN holds over CFB with its stake in the SEC, and continues the trend of consolidation of power as we move CFB towards being an NFL minor League as a shell of it's former self.

Subjectively as a canes fan this is hilarious cause **** FSU.

Both can be true.

People who talk about this setting a bad precedent are truly stupid.

When the NCAA, playoff committee, or whoever wants to **** Miami, they will do it with or without precedent. It’s beyond dumb to think that the playoff committee would say “Well we didn’t **** over FSU in this situation in the past so we can’t **** over Miami.” It’s like you all just became Miami fans.

Me personally? No. Would I be upset? Of course. I try my best to look at things of objectively. If they put FSU in the playoffs, basically sending a lamb out to slaughted

How about this, since you believe in FSU so much, if they are match up against Georgia/Oregon in orange bowl. You take FSU -14, and I will take Georgia/Oregon. Maybe put a couple shekels on it?
I can see it both ways... However, it was the right decision last year with TCU. And even then, TCU somehow won despite no one thinking they had a shot. The eye test should not be overwriting these sorts of decisions imo. Upsets happen all the time. Think of how differently the top 15 looks if we ranked team assuming vegas guessed all the wins correctly instead of playing games this weekend. We'd have Oregon instead of Washington for starters. Lashlee wouldn't have won his conference either. Bama would have 2 losses, etc. I also don't see how people look at Bama struggling against USF, Arkansas, and Auburn (who lost to new Mexico) and not use that against them. But I digress.

The exaggerated version of that logic leaves you to wonder why we play games when we can just as easily look at recruiting rankings and how good we think coaches are during the offseason and preset a playoff for bama/uga/Michigan/taint. Make no mistake, as we are today our success is hamstrung in a world with this precedent set.

I will enjoy dunking on FSU, especially with our own version of this happening during 2000 as a direct result of them, but I can't help but feel...off... knowing that it comes at the expense seeing an undefeated ACC team with 2 SEC wins get shafted and knowing I'd be especially ****ed if it were us.

Advertisement
How many rank teams did bama beat?

How rank teams did FSU beat?

What was bama's SOS?

What was FSU's SOS?

By your logic, Liberty deserves the 4th spot. They are undefeated and conference champ. If that's all it takes, why isn't liberty in the playoffs?

Because you know, just like everyone else, not all undefeated records are the same. Who you play matters and how you beat them matters. OSU lost their QB a couple years ago, went to the Big TEN championship and drop 60 on Wisconsin. Committee took that into consideration, they got in. Rest is history.
This is a good argument.

People who talk about this setting a bad precedent are truly stupid.

When the NCAA, playoff committee, or whoever wants to **** Miami, they will do it with or without precedent. It’s beyond dumb to think that the playoff committee would say “Well we didn’t **** over FSU in this situation in the past so we can’t **** over Miami.” It’s like you all just became Miami fans.

Agreed….they aren’t going to cross reference anything, they’ll just **** us and point to whatever criteria they want to justify it… pricks

Advertisement
Back