Official "Canes Fans" who root for FSU Tears thread

Advertisement
1. Perception of the conference is irreversibly tarnished if an undefeated ACC champion doesn't get in. It's going to be even more difficult for Mario to convince a top recruit/portal transfer to consider coming to come to Miami when going undefeated doesn't necessarily guarantee you a spot in the playoff. I get it, expansion is coming, but how the goalposts get moved then with muscled-up versions of the SEC and BIG?

2. There's a world where a ****ed-off FSU squad rallies to win their NY6 game and then pulls a UCF, i.e, claims a Natty (raises a banner, etc.)

3. The same ****ed-off FSU program attacks the portal with a vengeance, convinces fence sitting NFL prospects to come back to school, etc.

I think the best outcome for all parties is FSU getting in and then being humbled in a Semifinal.
I cant wait to hear about how happy you are they didn't make it in.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
So let me get this straight -

Miami gets shafted by these trash ACC officials what seems like every single week

Miami gets way less revenue share than other big-name schools thanks to the ACC's crap contract w/ ESPN that runs through 2036

Miami is in a conference that just got diluted w/ the addition of Cal/Stanford/SMU

Miami has to pay an absurd $100m+ "exit fee" and challenge the grant of rights clause in court to escape this crap conference

The undefeated conference winner can't even get into the CFB playoffs

I mean I say it all the time but can it be any more clear? Miami needs to LEAVE THE ACC. ASAP.

I hope UM finds a way out of this dumpster fire before it's too late.

Also ***** the Noles, glad it was them who found out how unimportant this conference is in the eyes of the selection committee. Couldn't have happened to a better team.

Advertisement
1. Perception of the conference is irreversibly tarnished if an undefeated ACC champion doesn't get in. It's going to be even more difficult for Mario to convince a top recruit/portal transfer to consider coming to come to Miami when going undefeated doesn't necessarily guarantee you a spot in the playoff. I get it, expansion is coming, but how the goalposts get moved then with muscled-up versions of the SEC and BIG?

2. There's a world where a ****ed-off FSU squad rallies to win their NY6 game and then pulls a UCF, i.e, claims a Natty (raises a banner, etc.)

3. The same ****ed-off FSU program attacks the portal with a vengeance, convinces fence sitting NFL prospects to come back to school, etc.

I think the best outcome for all parties is FSU getting in and then being humbled in a Semifinal.
Sad America GIF

Advertisement
Back