Canes fans were duped

NVA no i dont think Golden should let recruits or HS coaches walk all over him. Ill never say that. But i do know that they know how you gotta butter up to coaches and players to get interest and etc. The further along the recruiting season, the less they do because they have their backup plans. But i do believe that if whoever they "Pulled" Kirkland's scholly for isnt worth the potential of missing out on Thomas then you evaluate things over to see the bigger picture. 6 and Chad Thomas, Treon are the BIGGER picture. In a class full of depth builders, you never risk losing an impact player like 6 or even the potential of next year. Trust I know the process, I had over 25 full rides in BBall in 06-07.

Advertisement
Love him or hate him u need to be on his good side to get all the recruits down here, im telling u guys he has that much of an influence

What do you recommend.......Golden get the knee pads out and polish the dudes ****? From all reports Golden has gone above and beyond to repair the relationships with SFLA coaches. There is only so much a man can do and still maintain his integrity. When a guy has an ax to grind, your hands are tied.

Imma be honest he is going to have to do some *** kissing with because he can easily sway a recruit away from this school IMO, i dont like it but the guy has that much power

I think you are assuming that Golden hasn't done "some *** kissing". I'm sure he's done plenty of *** kissing but there comes a time when you have to stand up, take notice and quit taking it in the *** from these SFL high school coaches. He has to take back some measure of control or it's a slippery slope we don't want to go down.

i do agree with you, im not saying he should be his ****** im saying he should have handled this situation a little different, i was talking about him doing some *** kissing now because if ice isnt in good terms with you now that will flow down to the other coaches in the dade county area and they will start to feel like ice just because of who he is, ive been saying this for a while since this all started ice is the man down here in SoFla, everyone here worships him, do i like him wanting to kiss his *** no im not in fact it should be the other way around, but it is different in SoFla, all these coaches down here want to be in the lime light so they say and do things that put them in the lime light example luther campbell talking sh@t about golden and now harris going bonkers on the program, they want to be known, and frankly it is not fair for the kids and the fans, i do know that thomas wasnt even considering us until the harris's told him to pick up our calls and that is the influence im talking about, i know he is there players but he has that same pull with the other coaches to do the same, please note i did write a long post and if you read the whole thing i thank you, I am going to say this THIS **** HAS TO STOP

Love him or hate him u need to be on his good side to get all the recruits down here, im telling u guys he has that much of an influence

What do you recommend.......Golden get the knee pads out and polish the dudes ****? From all reports Golden has gone above and beyond to repair the relationships with SFLA coaches. There is only so much a man can do and still maintain his integrity. When a guy has an ax to grind, your hands are tied.

Imma be honest he is going to have to do some *** kissing with because he can easily sway a recruit away from this school IMO, i dont like it but the guy has that much power

I think you are assuming that Golden hasn't done "some *** kissing". I'm sure he's done plenty of *** kissing but there comes a time when you have to stand up, take notice and quit taking it in the *** from these SFL high school coaches. He has to take back some measure of control or it's a slippery slope we don't want to go down.

i do agree with you, im not saying he should be his ****** im saying he should have handled this situation a little different, i was talking about him doing some *** kissing now because if ice isnt in good terms with you now that will flow down to the other coaches in the dade county area and they will start to feel like ice just because of who he is, ive been saying this for a while since this all started ice is the man down here in SoFla, everyone here worships him, do i like him wanting to kiss his *** no im not in fact it should be the other way around, but it is different in SoFla, all these coaches down here want to be in the lime light so they say and do things that put them in the lime light example luther campbell talking sh@t about golden and now harris going bonkers on the program, they want to be known, and frankly it is not fair for the kids and the fans, i do know that thomas wasnt even considering us until the harris's told him to pick up our calls and that is the influence im talking about, i know he is there players but he has that same pull with the other coaches to do the same, please note i did write a long post and if you read the whole thing i thank you, I am going to say this THIS **** HAS TO STOP

Tells Thomas to pick up the phone, then tells him to honor his trip to USC because it's a previous engagment and skip an important UM recruiting weekend? All the while canceling his trip to Georgia this week?

I'm not doubting that Harris has influence with SFL coaches, however, every other South Florida recruiting expert I've heard from says Golden is "light years" ahead of Shannon in terms of relationships with local coaches and mending those that were broken with the previous regime. One isolated incident isn't going to turn them all against Golden.....it just isn't.

Should Al work on having a solid WORKING relationship with Ice, of course. You need two sides to be willing to work on that though and right now it appears that it is a very one sided arrangement in favor of Ice. Golden is working on rectifying that.

Tells Thomas to pick up the phone, then tells him to honor his trip to USC because it's a previous engagment and skip an important UM recruiting weekend? All the while canceling his trip to Georgia this week?

I'm not doubting that Harris has influence with SFL coaches, however, every other South Florida recruiting expert I've heard from says Golden is "light years" ahead of Shannon in terms of relationships with local coaches and mending those that were broken with the previous regime. One isolated incident isn't going to turn them all against Golden.....it just isn't.

Should Al work on having a solid WORKING relationship with Ice, of course. You need two sides to be willing to work on that though and right now it appears that it is a very one sided arrangement in favor of Ice. Golden is working on rectifying that.

im with you bro, this **** just ****es me off, this **** has to stop

Advertisement
Back