Canes Convos: Dean talks big scrimmage performance, Harley seeing first team reps

View as article
Loose cAnnon, don’t jinx him mate lol. But that is great news to hear if that’s true - especially against our defense even if it’s the 2’s. I’m of the mindset that he’s going to do well this season and will vault us to the Coastal crown again and our rightful place in the ACCCG. Also can’t wait to see us blowout the first 5 opponents so by the 4th quarter, Perry or Williams are in getting valuable reps

Advertisement
What’s exciting is we’re running crossing routes that’s gonna be a big help on 3rd down and short

Exactly what I was going to say, SO HUGE to hear about Thomas and Harley making big plays on crossing routes. We’ve been missing that element.

Hoping this doesn’t mean our defense STILL can’t figure out how to prevent wide open receivers all over the middle of the field.

the thing that concerns me from Dean's statement is that in both situation where he picked the ball, the ball was thrown late. that's what he said. that's not good. i'm not trying to take anything away from Dean, i hope he does well, but it seems it was partially the QB's problem, a fact stated by Richt in another interview when he said the One offense had some big plays and others that were not noteworthy.

I just watched the Wisconsin game last night fighting another bout of insomnia and Rosier's interception to a ball thrown in the endzone to Cager was a very late throw. let's hope the gets better in that regard
Hopefully if other qb's burrow #1 throw late Dean will have experience and the confidence to start making plays.

the thing that concerns me from Dean's statement is that in both situation where he picked the ball, the ball was thrown late. that's what he said. that's not good. i'm not trying to take anything away from Dean, i hope he does well, but it seems it was partially the QB's problem, a fact stated by Richt in another interview when he said the One offense had some big plays and others that were not noteworthy.

I just watched the Wisconsin game last night fighting another bout of insomnia and Rosier's interception to a ball thrown in the endzone to Cager was a very late throw. let's hope the gets better in that regard

The interceptions would have come from a backup QB, which is not so worrying.

And it's Dean's job to capitalize on errant throws. Not every interception has to be the defender doing something amazing - being in the right position and accepting a gift is important.

Advertisement

Dean faced the 2’s

That stood out to me too.... The ball had to be late for him to get it. It's still improvement. I remember when the passes were thrown late last yr and he still couldn't get to it. As long as he is moving up that's a positive.

Advertisement

It wasn't Rosier who threw either of them .

Maybe I'm living in the past a bit, but I'd still like to see Derrick Smith as the 3rd Safety...moreso than Robert Knowles.

Granted I'm hopeful that Knowles has taken a step, as it seems this staff does develop the guys...

But man, Derrick Smith was just starting to look awesome at Safety, so please give him some reps there; especially if he ends up as the 3rd string Striker!

Dean faced the 2’s

No Way! Any and all interceptions had to have been thrown by Rosier. Smh. Some posters I swear.

Anyway, Dean showing that he can fill in for Bandy bodes well for us. I want him on the outside and Bandy to be the permanent nickel. Especially since it sounds like LSU is going 3-4-5 wide the entire game. Toledo as well.

Ahmmon Richards, Jeff Thomas and Mike Harley on the field at the same time.

giphy.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back