Canes Convos: Bandy solidifying #2 role, Thomas faster than ever

#neverforget

93254175-2F7F-41DD-9D26-2FC93A3BB673.jpeg

Advertisement
It’s alot of guys in that secondary that will come for your head. Not scared of competition either.

I am not even trying to be humorous, they are actually talking about some white boy 2 star from Delaware.

That's worse than a white boy 2 star from Utah . Eric Weddle, 2003 Cornerback - Rivals.com

Seriously though, how inept was that last regime to be in South Florida that is loaded in DBs and they recruit 4.8 forty Delaware DB? Thank god the madness ended.

We are finally fielding a Miami secondary again. I have a feeling that the fear of playing the U is building around the league. Hoping for more turnovers than last year.

Last edited:
Advertisement
IIRC, it was a debate amongst the corches about offering this 2 star Delaware kid, SPECIFICALLY because he had played the safety position in a similar scheme in HS. Even though the kid wasn’t fast enough nor good enough to play here. They were seriously talking about foregoing some under the radar So. Fla. talent, like a Bandy, for this white kid, because he had played the position before. We had one dissenting voice in that video who tried to stand up to F.A.G and No’Ds nonsense. After watching that video, I wanted to drive down and help them pack their ****!

Hurlie Brown had a clue.

Last edited:
**** Blades already locked up a spot at nickel behind Bandy and the coaches say he could be the 3rd “or 4th” best cb on the team and didn’t early enroll smh straight beast!

His uncles aren't exactly slouches, and I'm sure they've been working with him.

Advertisement
The best part of that video is the Chump turning around to an assistant and trying to make the safety position at Temple look like some kind of standard for UM to follow.

Hurly Brown was the only dude who kept it real.

**** Blades already locked up a spot at nickel behind Bandy and the coaches say he could be the 3rd “or 4th” best cb on the team and didn’t early enroll smh straight beast!

Like I said; he wants it. Once I saw his own, personal off season work out regimen as a Jr, I knew he wanted it. Ppl trashed him b/c he didn’t start, but from what I understand, there could’ve been a little politics behind it, but I’m not in the know like that. Just repeating something that was posted b4. Regardless, the kid is the goods. He’s going to be good for us.

Storm 18 will play for a title. All you ever hear about the group is their talent, work ethic, and toughness.

Excited for the season and can’t wait to watch this team dominate

Advertisement

Not typical second generation Cane. More like his dad and uncles. I don’t think he got the chance to spoiled and is still hungry.

So Jhavonte Dean just going to be okay with being mediocre?! I haven’t heard his name mentioned at all since... who knows when! It’s Bandy, Frierson, and Ivey and now Blades?! What is this Dean guy up to? Lol. I hope he’s getting a good education.
When you have competition not everyone will be able to come out on top. I still think Dean will help us this year.

Advertisement
That's worse than a white boy 2 star from Utah . Eric Weddle, 2003 Cornerback - Rivals.com

Seriously though, how inept was that last regime to be in South Florida that is loaded in DBs and they recruit 4.8 forty Delaware DB? Thank god the madness ended.

We are finally fielding a Miami secondary again. I have a feeling that the fear of playing the U is building around the league. Hoping for more turnovers than last year.
I completely agree with what you are saying but you could have picked a better example than Eric Weddle lol. Dude turned out to be a very good NFL safety.

I completely agree with what you are saying but you could have picked a better example than Eric Weddle lol. Dude turned out to be a very good NFL safety.

That was sarcasm. Just pointing out a two star, white safety that is one of tops in the NFL right now. Guys like Colby usually end up at Linebacker anyway.

To play devil's advocate:

I just looked him up. He just had a solid year as a Redshirt Freshman. He was named the ECAC All-East Defensive Rookie of the Year and CAA Defensive Rookie of the Year last season (49 tackles, 2 ints, 2 fumble recoveries). It is down a level, but he is playing better than the competition. We have LBs on our roster that haven't done much: Mike Smith, Terry McCray, Charles Perry, Gordinier (medical). As laughable as I thought that video was at first, opinion has changed slightly.

University of Delaware Blue Hens

Could he provide LB depth for us?

Last edited:
IIRC, it was a debate amongst the corches about offering this 2 star Delaware kid, SPECIFICALLY because he had played the safety position in a similar scheme in HS. Even though the kid wasn’t fast enough nor good enough to play here. They were seriously talking about foregoing some under the radar So. Fla. talent, like a Bandy, for this white kid, because he had played the position before. We had one dissenting voice in that video who tried to stand up to F.A.G and No’Ds nonsense. After watching that video, I wanted to drive down and help them pack their ****!
Why T F does it matter if he is white or black?

Advertisement
Back