Canes Camp Report Episode 8

Advertisement
i wish kirby kept running at 6:20... I wanna know how fast standish really is..he looked like he put the jets on for a good second

Standish is a stud, ive seen the kid in person and he has very good speed for a guy his size

There was a video posted, I forget where, that had standish racing someone else on the team which was significantly leaner than he was and should have best him by a couple steps. I think it my have been A.Crawford or Corn. Nonetheless, Dobard was literally step for step with him and finished a half step behind Crawford or Corn.

Dobard has dem jets for a big boy

Random opinions:
Lol @ everyone jumping on Artie for not finishing the play -- good that the team is policing themselves though. He has to work on his mental toughness. Dallas is a likeable kid. The TE's are looking **** good. I'm starting to expect the O-zone/PA mid range game to be deadly this year, especially with if Williams is going to be the starter. Our TOP is going to be up. That will surely help the defense at least. That is all.

i wish kirby kept running at 6:20... I wanna know how fast standish really is..he looked like he put the jets on for a good second

Standish is a stud, ive seen the kid in person and he has very good speed for a guy his size

There was a video posted, I forget where, that had standish racing someone else on the team which was significantly leaner than he was and should have best him by a couple steps. I think it my have been A.Crawford or Corn. Nonetheless, Dobard was literally step for step with him and finished a half step behind Crawford or Corn.

Dobard has dem jets for a big boy

I hope he gets more playing time this year the kid is a stud

Random opinions:
Lol @ everyone jumping on Artie for not finishing the play -- good that the team is policing themselves though. He has to work on his mental toughness. Dallas is a likeable kid. The TE's are looking **** good. I'm starting to expect the O-zone/PA mid range game to be deadly this year, especially with if Williams is going to be the starter. Our TOP is going to be up. That will surely help the defense at least. That is all.

Thats williams in a nutshell a TOP QB, which isnt bad but when u have weapons like we do you need to go for the big plays

Advertisement
We have three legit targets at tight end. Brady feasts on NFL defenses with his tight ends. Stanford runs 3 tight end sets and is successful. We have guys on the outside that can blow the cover off the coverage, why not turn this thing into a tight end extravaganza between the numbers? We have the horses and a quarterback with limited arm strength. I may actually do a cartwheel if I see us hit a tight end seem route or heaven forbid a nice tight end drag like the one Ebron housed against us. I want to see us go between the numbers to these guys. It's a game changer.

Random opinions:

Thats williams in a nutshell a TOP QB, which isnt bad but when u have weapons like we do you need to go for the big plays

I agree. It would be great to have a QB that can make all the throws, but don't underestimate the value of an accurate quarterback who can take care of the ball. Our offense hasn't seen stability in a long time -- never, for most of these kids. Maybe we need it right now.

Honestly, I really don't care who's the quarterback. I think Williams has a nice game for what we want to do. We'll be very good at everything but the deep passing game. And again, I think he will be deadly in the mid range game. Don't sleep on the mid range game. We can still break a lot of big plays in that context.

I like Olsen too. He has a big time arm, and he's a football player, from a football family. That's huge. He seems like a competitor, like the kind of kid who plays dirty. Thats huge too. Really, I don't know much about Olsen other than these youtube videos, anecdotes from spectators who have been to practice this spring, and his HS highlight tape. I doubt he'll win the job, though. It seems that Williams might be too far ahead right now (in the eyes of the staff).

I bet Kamalu and Mongo have some good battles during practice

Hamilton showing me some things.

That right side of the line scares the **** out of me. Gadbois, Isadora and Sonny all don't look ready. Especially Sonny.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Finally we have a couple of QB's who can throw over the middle. I imagine our offense will be quite a bit better on 3rd downs. Can't wait to watch our TE's explode this year.

Advertisement
I bet Kamalu and Mongo have some good battles during practice

Hamilton showing me some things.

That right side of the line scares the **** out of me. Gadbois, Isadora and Sonny all don't look ready. Especially Sonny.

KC better be ready to play right away. I trust Isadora but Badbois and Sonny dont look close to ready.

Advertisement
Back