Canes bs UVA - Game 3 - 1pm, ACCNX

Advertisement
Torres is showing confidence with a great shutdown inning. He can be a great asset as an early inning and situational guy moving forward.

He's developing into a reliable arm.

I really like using Torres as a high leverage guy as opposed to a traditional 7th inning role
I still want him in the 7th, in big games that are close. To me that’s a high leverage situation. Come postseason we could potentially get 4-5 innings out of Torres, Ziehl and Walters.

Advertisement
Weather is A+.

Attachments

• 20220410_150731.jpg
    20220410_150731.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 15
Advertisement
That’s a really good AB from Villegas. But again, it’s every game with the base running. There’s always one, no matter how good or bad the game is going.

In my college baseball days, I played in a double header that was 32 degrees and in the teens with windchill. Baseball in the Midwest.

Advertisement
That last play was odd. You see Kayfus turn around and look at 3rd to look at the play. That should never happen. Gino should have been waving him home all the way. Maybe he did and Kayfus blew the play. It was completely odd thst Kafus got to 3rd base, turned around to view the play, then retouch 3rd and try to score.

Perhaps Gino gave Kayfus the hold sign (doubtful with his speed) and Kafus went on his own.

I'm thinking either Gino pointed to make sure the ball landed or he did it on his own and just lost track of the bag. Should have stayed at third after that.

Advertisement
That last play was odd. You see Kayfus turn around and look at 3rd to look at the play. That should never happen. Gino should have been waving him home all the way. Maybe he did and Kayfus blew the play. It was completely odd thst Kafus got to 3rd base, turned around to view the play, then retouch 3rd and try to score.

Perhaps Gino gave Kayfus the hold sign (doubtful with his speed) and Kafus went on his own.
Looked in person like he missed the bag and went back to tag it. Don’t know why he went home at that point.

Advertisement
Back