Canes bs Tigers - ACC Championship - 2pm ESPNU/ACCN

Advertisement
Pitching was actually pretty darn good in 16 and 17 the years we missed post season. It was certainly good in 18 and 19. Was looking to be terrific in 20. It was okay in 21 and 22 at they we had 2 guys who gave us decent starts. It is spit and glue this year.
You might want to check those years lol. We went to Omaha in 16 (limited pitching). 19 we slugged our way into the Miss ST regional.

I would say 15/16 would have been better if we had adequate pitching. We didn’t. 20 yes. I’m not sure why we would say 21/22 had a real pitching staff? We had about 4 guys lol

Just be happy lmao. This was a good week, that ended in the most predictable way.

You guys were happy about throwing Gallo and Walt to beat Duke. This is what you get for doing that. Jut hope the “momentum” you built up winning these games wasnt just destroyed

Advertisement
That’s a poor excuse for JD, honestly. But go ahead. He’s a great pitching coach!
Poor execution with losing 3 guys you were counting out for the season? Getting let than 5 to 6 out of your starters. They won 3 out of 4 games in this tournament. BTW, Clemson's staff ERA is in the mid-4 and Grice is their only reliable starter. They are going to cool down at some point. I would not be surprised if they lose 2 out of 3 in the supers.

Advertisement
Just be happy lmao. This was a good week, that ended in the most predictable way.

You guys were happy about throwing Gallo and Walt to beat Duke. This is what you get for doing that. Jut hope the “momentum” you built up winning these games wasnt just destroyed

3-1 with a win in the championship game seems like more fun than 3-1 with a win over Duke on Friday.

Advertisement
Poor execution with losing 3 guys you were counting out for the season? Getting let than 5 to 6 out of your starters. They won 3 out of 4 games in this tournament. BTW, Clemson's staff ERA is in the mid-4 and Grice is their only reliable starter. They are going to cool down at some point. I would not be surprised if they lose 2 out of 3 in the supers.
Yea sure. JD is great.

Advertisement
Because we treated the first three like must win games. Even MLB teams run short after three straight days like that.

Uh, nope.

Not gonna let this nonsense criticism stand. We all know you're trying to resurrect your "let's throw a couple of games" argument.

The first game was a must win. Wake was an elimination game. The only POSSIBLE criticism of "treating every game like a must-win" is the Duke game (Pool Game 2).

Rafe went 1 and 1/3 innings for 23 pitches.
Laquerica went 1/3 of an inning for 4 pitches.
Walters went 1 inning for 14 pitches.

Those same guys against NC State (Pool Game 1):

Rafe went 2/3 of an inning for 15 pitches.
Laquerica went 1 and 1/3 innings for 20 pitches.
Walters went 2 and 1/3 innings for 28 pitches.

And against Wake (Semi-Final):

Rafe went 1/3 of an inning for 7 pitches.
Laquerica went 1/3 of an inning for 6 pitches.
Walters went 1 inning for 13 pitches.

Rafe has thrown 45 pitches over 2 and 1/3 innings. Laquerica has thrown 30 pitches over 2 innings. Walters has thrown 55 pitches over 4 and 1/3 innings. And we didn't even get far enough into the 7th to call on Walters.

It's just ridiculous to say that this happened "because we treated every game as a must-win.

Outside of THOSE THREE RELIEVERS, plus the starters, the only other bullpen arms we used were:

Torres for 2 innings and 31 pitches against Duke
Rosario for 4 and 2/3 innings and 78 pitches against Wake (because Ligon wasn't going the distance)
Torres for 1/3 inning and 4 piches against Wake

Pretty much the OPPOSITE of overusing our staff "because we treated every game as a must-win". The ONLY time we called on someone (perhaps) a bit too much was Walters in the NC State game.

So who gets on the all tourney team ? I’m guessing Yo Yo and Walt for sure and maybe one more between Cyr, CJ, Long and Levenson.

All of my posts have been about the game and the team.

All of your posts are about me.

Weird.

They are not. That is just a falsehood.

You posted nearly 10 times to go after one particular poster.

And I've been posting for the entire game. So...nooo...all my posts are not about you. Just since the disastrous 7th inning when you finally showed up.

Politiely, could you possibly stop saying untrue things when the proof is right here in the thread?

Advertisement
Back