Canes bs Tigers - ACC Championship - 2pm ESPNU/ACCN

And there's no point in hypothesizing if you can't understand that TORRES was not overused, and WALSH was not overused (and would have had no impact if Villegas catches the ball).

Sure, you're going to keep beating the Gallo/Walters drum. Though Gallo would have been out of the game in the 7th and Walters would not have even been in the game in the 7th.

Keep inventing false equivalencies and hypotheticals that have no meaning.

Torres ****ed up. Villegas ****ed up. Neither of those things have anything to do with pitching Gallo on Friday.

And stop insulting our intelligence with "warmups".

Rafe pitched 2/3 of an inning on Thursday, 1 and 1/3 on Friday, and 1/3 on Saturday.
Laquerica pitched 1 and 1/3 on Thursday, 1/3 on Friday, and 1/3 on Saturday.
I've already acknowledged that Walters pitched too long on Thursday, but he only went 1 inning on Friday and 1 inning on Saturday.

It is ridiculous for you to inflate their pitch counts AS IF THEY ARE STARTERS WHO GO 4 OR 5 INNINGS.

Rafe, Laquerica, and Walters only went longer than one inning ONCE EACH from Thursday to Saturday. Stop acting like they threw 30 or 40 extra warmup pitches because "ups and downs". Stop acting like a pitcher can only throw once a week, or two at most. Stop acting like there were no other options.
Wow, you are really not plugged into what warming up entails. As a pitchers son, I can tell you to do some research. Be an educated poster on this topic.

Advertisement
We really do have some terrible fans. We're about to get a top-10 seed, won 21 ACC games, and god forbid lost a title game in a large part because, at least some think, Gino should be able to see into the future re: pitcher usage.

People I'd think should be excited about the way the team closed the season. They went 8-2 in ACC series and Gino finally showed he could get a team locked in for post-season play. Losing to a red-hot Clemson team shouldnt cause this reaction.

Then again, the meltdown crew are the same people who make excuses for FSU/Link Jarrett and think Lovelady is a great coach
Totally agree.

Friday was an off day, we just didn’t use it.
I don't agree. We could have easily gone 1-2 and then people would be complaining as to why he didn't use his better pitching sooner. Gino managed the team correctly. We needed the win against Duke. Not for the tournament, but for our resume. Beating WF was a bonus that nobody could have anticipated.

It was a combination of having to use so many bullpen arms and just poor scheduling by the ACC. No team should have a competitive advantage. Just about every team played 1 game and had at least 1 day off before the next game.

The real issue is not getting length from the starters. Ligon just returned and Rosario only pitches 3-4 innings before getting into trouble. My only complaint is that they should be developing a 4th weekend starter because Rosario has not been reliable. We don't even have a consistent midweek starter. They need to be grooming these guys so they can step right in without being overwhelmed.

I don't agree. We could have easily gone 1-2 and then people would be complaining as to why he didn't use his better pitching sooner. Gino managed the team correctly. We needed the win against Duke. Not for the tournament, but for our resume. Beating WF was a bonus that nobody could have anticipated.

It was a combination of having to use so many bullpen arms and just poor scheduling by the ACC. No team should have a competitive advantage. Just about every team played 1 game and had at least 1 day off before the next game.

The real issue is not getting length from the starters. Ligon just returned and Rosario only pitches 3-4 innings before getting into trouble. My only complaint is that they should be developing a 4th weekend starter because Rosario has not been reliable. We don't even have a consistent midweek starter. They need to be grooming these guys so they can step right in without being overwhelmed.
If we had another guy capable of starting, don’t you think we would have tried it?

Advertisement

I appreciate your response and explanation but you are incorrect. Also see about the last 100 posts in this thread. It’s all been covered from all angles.

Next time I’ll just make a poll and we can settle it with a scorecard about who would do what.

I appreciate your response and explanation but you are incorrect. Also see about the last 100 posts in this thread. It’s all been covered from all angles.

Next time I’ll just make a poll and we can settle it with a scorecard about who would do what.
Incorrect? No such thing in this case. It's all opinations.

Why do you make such dumb *** responses? Can you read? I said they should have developed another starter.

They recruited these guys. Develop them and get them ready.
And I'm saying that if they had someone else to develop into a starter, they would have done it instead of trotting a guy with an ERA of 7.00 out there every weekend. When exactly do you think a baseball team develops starters?

Advertisement
Kind of like the theory that if we would just score more runs, our pitching woes wouldn't matter......now we're hearing that the staff should have just "developed" another starting pitcher.

Imagine how good our coaching staff could be if they would just do the obvious. Score more runs and develop more pitchers. Duh. Simple.

Advertisement
Back