Canes bs Tigers - ACC Championship - 2pm ESPNU/ACCN

Sir, please re-read the posts.

NOT ONCE does he "defend the staff". His response to somone who called out Arteaga was NOT to defend Arteaga, but to attack the poster. Which he did over a half-dozen times consecutively.

Including the use of the term "whiny *******" in Post 306.

If we are concerned with language and being non-adversarial, you have Exhibit #1 of a guy who showed up for the first time in the middle of a horrific inning to call out another poster (and not, you know, ACTUALLY DEFEND the staff at all).

He went after that poster multiple times before I said something. And never once does he defend Arteaga. NOT ONCE.

All of my posts have been about the game and the team.

All of your posts are about me.

Weird.

Advertisement
So now it’s not pitching it’s hitting. Got it. I’m out. I’m glad you are happy with JD. I’d like to point to his resume but it doesn’t exist.

Excuse me? Do you not get that you don't have to burn arms when you're up by 9 runs?

We played arguably our best game of the season yesterday in awful conditions, and today we just ran out of arms.

It is what it is, just gotta show up next weekend with the same fire we did yesterday and not let this bleed over.
That’s my take.

I was proud as **** of this squad yesterday. Given the schedule, the lack of arms WE ALL ALREADY KNEW ABOUT, and how many runners we left stranded…pretty strong showing.

Hopefully we get a good seed and a reasonable regional and get rested up.

He is the pitching coach of a team in the ACC title game that is going to get a top 10 seed. Take him out back and beat the **** out of him.
And that team won 40 games, 21 in the 2nd best RPI conference in the country. :rolleyes:

We‘re in game 59, the pitching situation is what it is, and we all knew it.

Advertisement
Excuse me? Do you not get that you don't have to burn arms when you're up by 9 runs?
You aren’t talking the same thing. This isn’t about a game. I’m glad you are happy with JD. We haven’t been any good with him coaching pitching. And he had never coached. Whole thing was a mess. We can agree to disagree.

There’s a fair criticism there. Up five, you could have gone batter to batter with Rafe in the 9th. Plus, I didn’t really want him on that field.
Yeah if I’m nitpicking that was my one “what if”

But we’ve walked 6, given up 13 hits, have two errors, and on offense struck out 12 times.

The fact we were up in the 7th was pretty amazing.

I’m the eternal optimist. But in my mind I’m preparing for a 1-2 regional but this team has surprised me so I’m hoping for at least one more weeks of surprises and then get lucky and get UVA in regionals as I think them and maybe Stanford are the two “weakest”

Advertisement
Gino said in the preseason they didn’t get enough out of the starters last year and that can’t happen but in fact it has happened again and it may have been worse this year. Pitching staff for next year needs a complete overhaul. I believe we need at least two starting pitchers from the portal if not more and hopefully a couple of quality freshman coming in.

You aren’t talking the same thing. This isn’t about a game. I’m glad you are happy with JD. We haven’t been any good with him coaching pitching. And he had never coached. Whole thing was a mess. We can agree to disagree.

Actually, the biggest criticism of this team during our 22 year drought is that we had teams that couldn't hit when it counted (Gino's area). We've had some really good pitching during that time.

But we’ve walked 6, given up 13 hits, have two errors, and on offense struck out 12 times.

I’m the eternal optimist. But in my mind I’m preparing for a 1-2 regional but this team has surprised me so I’m hoping for at least one more weeks of surprises and then get lucky and get UVA in regionals as I think them and maybe Stanford are the two “weakest”
I’m gonna run up to the football like Charlie Brown again. Maybe this time it won’t get pulled away.

Advertisement
I mean, the biggest issue in this tournament has been choking with runners on 2nd and 3rd. The pitching has been really good.

The strikeouts are concerning. Tough to score runs when you can’t put the ball in play.

Advertisement
Nah. So Clemson in year 1 under Bakich has more depth? Stop. JD recruits mid arms and can’t develop most of the legit arms he brings in. He’s been here for 20 years. He sucks. You aren’t defending him very well.
Pitching was actually pretty darn good in 16 and 17 the years we missed post season. It was certainly good in 18 and 19. Was looking to be terrific in 20. It was okay in 21 and 22 at they we had 2 guys who gave us decent starts. It is spit and glue this year.

Advertisement
Back