Canes bs Pitt - Game 3 - 1pm, ACCNX

The game passed Morris by. That was evident. So I wouldn’t use him as a good example.

Yes you need athletes, and I agree that being aggressive matters. But that’s a long way off from what you are saying. You can have a decent mix and win big. But putting 9 guys in a lineup who hit singles and can cover ground bc they all run 6.5, just isn’t gonna happen at power school. If it does, it means you passed on the Yoyo’s of the world for a kid bc he runs faster and doesn’t swing as hard with 2 strikes. You can win with that philosophy at lower levels, not in D1.

the reality is, yes, you must (and Fraser did) mix his running team with guys like charles johnson and mike fiore, etc. etc.

you definitely need those players too. i just think a team built offensively around the speed game is still a way to win consistently college baseball.

Advertisement
This week in ACC RPIs:
2 Notre Dame
7 Miami
18 Virginia
19 Florida State
20 Georgia Tech
24 Virginia Tech
26 Wake Forest
31 NC State
35 Clemson
40 Louisville
41 Pittsburgh
49 North Carolina
90 Duke
115 Boston College

Other notables:
13 Florida (now 6-12 in the SEC)
73 FGCU
102 UCF
103 FAU
104 North Dakota State
134 Harvard
164 Stetson

We’re 3.0 games ahead of Virginia and Virginia Tech (play each other next weekend in Charlottesville) and 3.5 ahead of Notre Dame and Louisville.

Plenty of RPI points available if we win with 9 of the last 15 against Top 20 teams.

what are the chances FSU misses the postseason? (and will prayer help)?

the reality is, yes, you must (and Fraser did) mix his running team with guys like charles johnson and mike fiore, etc. etc.

you definitely need those players too. i just think a team built offensively around the speed game is still a way to win consistently college baseball.
Look at the top 50 teams in stolen bases per game and the top 50 teams in sacrifice bunts. Louisville runs a little bit, Texas bunts a little bit, other than that it’s hard to find a top 40 team in those lists.

As much as I hate the way the game has evolved, it is not accurate to say that teams are still winning at this level with the speed game. It’s simply just not happening anymore.

Look at the top 50 teams in stolen bases per game and the top 50 teams in sacrifice bunts. Louisville runs a little bit, Texas bunts a little bit, other than that it’s hard to find a top 40 team in those lists.

As much as I hate the way the game has evolved, it is not accurate to say that teams are still winning at this level with the speed game. It’s simply just not happening anymore.
stop coming back at me with facts

Advertisement

I would love to run more than we do, but we don’t have the guys to do it. And honestly most of the top teams don’t have more than 2 guys who do that, and they still consistently win big. Fact is the best teams have the best players. That’s it. Not just the fastest.

Dimsre is clueless about pitching ... WTF was he waiting for take Rosario out ??? WTF we have all those bullprn arms for ??? Take Rosario out & put Dubberly & give him some innings. You have Dubbetly,Gallo,Torres,Mcfarlene, in the bullpen ... DIMARE IS AN IMBECILE - TAKE ROSARIO OUT !!!!

Advertisement
what are the chances FSU misses the postseason? (and will prayer help)?
They only have to go 4-5 and play BC in their next ACC series so…. But if you want to pray on it, pray for BC (and for us to sweep them in a few weeks).

Last edited:
Middle finger why ?? Am I wrong ??? Huh

I mean, for one thing, pitching is something JD probably has just as much say as DiMare on.

Second, DiMare has deserved the criticism he had leading in to this year, but calling him a clueless meathead when we're ranked #3 at this late in the season is pretty pathetic on your end. He should have pulled him, but maybe just say that

I mean, for one thing, pitching is something JD probably has just as much say as DiMare on.

Second, DiMare has deserved the criticism he had leading in to this year, but calling him a clueless meathead when we're ranked #3 at this late in the season is pretty pathetic on your end. He should have pulled him, but maybe just say that
Let’s figure that maybe this was Rosario’s last chance to hold onto his role so maybe he got a little extra rope.

Let’s figure that maybe this was Rosario’s last chance to hold onto his role so maybe he got a little extra rope.
This is what I’m thinking… and unfortunately it back fired and Rosario is done for unless we absolutely need his services in post season… which is possible for an inning

Advertisement
This is what I’m thinking… and unfortunately it back fired and Rosario is done for unless we absolutely need his services in post season… which is possible for an inning
At this point that seems to be what his role should be. Go out there at max effort, let that 98mph sinker dance, get 3 outs and be done. The kid can throw, but he can't pitch.

Anti - Christ Construct - Well Dimare Is The Anti - Ron Fraser - Anti Thetical To The Wizard, Dimare = DumbAss Clueless Baseball, Fraser Optimized Day In Day Out

Advertisement
Back