Canes bs Pitt - Game 3 - 1pm, ACCNX

Here's my take on Rosario. He has great velocity. He has a really good curveball. He has a really good slider.

He doesn't have command of any of those pitches, so he's always pitching in hitters counts.

When he is ahead in the count, his waste pitches are way off the plate making it a stress free take for the hitter OR they're poorly located and catch the middle of the plate where he gets hit hard.

If Rosario is going to be a Sunday starter or even the midweek starter, he has to pitch with consistency and command his pitches or he's has to be reduced to a situational pitcher from the bullpen.

Advertisement
Rosario needs a 4 seam FB and needs to pitch at a faster pace.

He is in his head big time, going so slow makes it worse. Also, needs a 4 seam Fb. His 2 seamer has too much movement to control for easy strikes

Here's my take on Rosario. He has great velocity. He has a really good curveball. He has a really good slider.

He doesn't have command of any of those pitches, so he's always pitching in hitters counts.

When he is ahead in the count, his waste pitches are way off the plate making it a stress free take for the hitter OR they're poorly located and catch the middle of the plate.

If Rosario is going to be a Sunday starter or even the midweek starter, he has to pitch with consistency and command his pitches or he's has to be reduced to a situational pitcher.
the kid is a jose prado clone.

just doesn't have it mentally, despite the great arm talent.

i'll be surprised if he's on the roster next season. if you let a guy like victor mederos move on, you probably don't keep rosario

Last edited:
Advertisement
let's face it. we're a two starter pitching staff. those teams don't get to Omaha, much less win championships

I hope Rosario figures it out in Summer ball. Just can't afford to keep sending him out there and falling behind in the score early in games.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
It would have been sensible to pull him before the second homer to Evans, but thats just not how baseball works i guess. Never understood it.
(when a starter is clearly not gonna have a good day... yank the sucker)
They should have let him pitch a CG. He was on pace for only 270 pitches.

Advertisement
Back