Canes bs Owls - 6pm - ACCNX

Advertisement
Not sure if you guys saw, but they played with wood bats tonight...perplexing as to why lol, but only 4 hits. Tech did as well so it's not like they handicapped themselves.

Oh and Walters is the best closer in America.
TN agreed to play the game with wood bats due to the controversy over them hitting so many dingers with aluminum bats. They were trying to silence the haters, but all they actually did was add fuel to the fire.

Still have some things to tighten up - 8 errors in the last 4 games isn't ideal. But man this team is scrappy. I love the fight these kids are showing. And UVA must still be sore from last weekend, as ODU took them out 9-2!
Dropped UVA down to 15th in the RPI. Seems like every team we’ve played recently has had a massive hangover after we were done with them.

Advertisement
Yeees! Walters showing some emotion to boot!
You know what Walters was ****ed about. Like this weekend against the Hoos, he tried to throw his breaking ball and it sailed on him and looked like he had no business throwing it....then he went back to his bread and butter fast ball. I hope he goes to work on that because there will be nights like he escaped from Saturday night where bats will just happen to get in the way of his pitches and just carry the momentum into bloopers. He needs another solid pitch or two he can count on..

You know what Walters was ****ed about. Like this weekend against the Hoos, he tried to throw his breaking ball and it sailed on him and looked like he had no business throwing it....then he went back to his bread and butter fast ball. I hope he goes to work on that because there will be nights like he escaped from Saturday night where bats will just happen to get in the way of his pitches and just carry the momentum into bloopers. He needs another solid pitch or two he can count on..
My son and I talked about the exact same thing right after the game. I'd like to see him develop a straight change before the post-season - it has certainly benefitted both Palm and Ligon. It doesn't even have to be that good as long as he can show it and throw strikes w it 50% of the time.

Advertisement
It’s not meaningless filler if it’s true. And Yes it’s used a lot bc it’s a very common phrase across all sports.
Ok. Then it isn’t true. Or, it (being flat, early in the game) simply doesn’t matter - ie 10-0 in the last 10 games we came out flat - and the statement is just vapid nonsense. Just because a phrase is oft repeated doesn’t mean it is at all meaningful - it just means that a lot of people believe/agree with a meaningless statement.

Advertisement
Back