Canes bs Hoos, Game 2 - 3pm, ACCNNEX

Well, we are far from "day 1". Gino has been on the staff since 2012. And we're a middling #17-32 type program year after year after year. NIL money isn't going to teach players how to run bases or that putting the ball in play with a man on 3rd is important. Those are philosophical issues.
Like I said. We can definitely use a new hitting coach no matter who's responsible for that(cause I don't know)and the base running is a huge issue for **** sure. Better talent would help with alot of that too.

Advertisement
Dee, I love what u’ve done for the University as an ambassador both as a player & alum. I know u’re more tapped in than many of us; however, I am a bit perplexed by the statement of the disadvantages that face this program in regards to sports.

Can you expound on what disadvantages that have plagued us as opposed to a Duke, WF, UVA, etc? One minute I hear the that the team was unable to keep up w/ the big boys due to financial constraints, & the next I’m told by multiple sources this program have never had a financial issue. It’s not like we’re recruiting in the top 50 in either FB or Baseball; we’re out recruiting at both programs than the vast majority of our foes in the ACC. I may be naive, blind, or just missing something, but it appears most of these disadvantages have come from self infliction incompetence, coupled w/ nepotism & cronyism.
In my eyes I only know so much of the baseball program NOW & the issues we still have. Me it's always been football. But I know what I used to hear about our disadvantages in baseball because ***** was always creative with how he approached our scholarship limitations in football. Several of us played baseball also before college and several of us continued with baseball even at um. But the thing he'd speak on was the fact that you got 11 scholarships to split up evenly between a full squad of players. That leaves roughly 75% of all necessary funding that falls on the players to take on. That 75% when there's no help to be had is far more here than it is at majority of other locations. Especially when you consider we've never been a program that really dabbled in making payments previously. Not gonna speak on exceptions to that rule. Again I'm just saying what coach Morris used to say. I think nil makes that lil easier to deal with. I also realize how heavily we deal in transfers for years now. In and out roster continuously flips. Not much cohesion in that. My issue yet again related far more towards the admiration and respect I had for his father. I used to call Gino a friend as well. I can understand the frustration. But is what it is.

Advertisement
Back