Canes bs Convicts Game 3 1pm ACCNX

Advertisement
While this team is maddening at times, big picture 20-10 is great season in the ACC. Now the fun begins. Weā€™ve got arms. Curious to see how Gino uses them in the postseason. We canā€™t afford to run Rosario out there in a regional game

Man Rosario seems locked on for three to four innings at best. But once hits the fourth to fifth, something upstairs is wrong in his head and he turns to jello.

9D0270C2-1313-4824-9039-D0D6520915FE.gif

Semper Canes!!!

While this team is maddening at times, big picture 20-10 is great season in the ACC. Now the fun begins. Weā€™ve got arms. Curious to see how Gino uses them in the postseason. We canā€™t afford to run Rosario out there in a regional game
He's had some good starts recently, but your coach has to know when to not allow him to start an inning if he's been effective thru 3 or 4, i.e. know your players.

I thought Rosario pitched ok today given the offensive output, the real blemish was just the two hit batters with 2 strikes, you can't do that.

Other than the HR and the one inning where he got a couple hard hit outs, most of ND's hits were just singles in the right spots.

We know we don't have dominating pitching outside of Palm, we need the offense to show up in the postseason to take us where we want to be, no matter who is on the mound.

Advertisement
Looking around the country at today's scores, with our RPI now at #7, I'm fairly confident we're looking at the 5-6 seed.

I just don't see anyone other than Stanford that could finish higher than us.

Auburn is currently 3rd in their division, Arkansas is losing their series today, and A&M's RPI is going to be in the 20s even with a win today.

Of the top two RPI conferences (SEC,ACC) we will have at worst the 3rd best regular season record. We could even be the #4 depending on how much credit they give the Big 10 and Maryland.

Need to look at Rosario as 3-4 inning opener at this point. Anything more is gravy. Iā€™ve been reasonably encouraged by Ligon the last few weeks.

He's had some good starts recently, but your coach has to know when to not allow him to start an inning if he's been effective thru 3 or 4, i.e. know your players.
Best time to start him might be game 1 of a regional when his ā€œstuffā€ might overwhelm a 4 seed. But even then youā€™re playing with fire because if he goes south early youā€™re going to eat up the bullpen.

It doesn't come into play with just 2 teams for division, it's head-to-head, and we lose that.
It doesnā€™t say that on the site.
Iā€™ll have to take your word for it.

IF its what Iā€™m reading, we win with a 16-5 record vs common as opposed to their 12-6.

All moot if they finish that game.

Advertisement
It doesnā€™t say that on the site.
Iā€™ll have to take your word for it.

IF its what Iā€™m reading, we win with a 16-5 record vs common as opposed to their 12-6.

All moot if they finish that game.
It's worded weird, because schools sometimes do play midweek games that aren't counted as conference games.

Looking around the country at today's scores, with our RPI now at #7, I'm fairly confident we're looking at the 5-6 seed.

Auburn is currently 3rd in their division, Arkansas is losing their series today, and A&M's RPI is going to be in the 20s even with a win today.

Of the top two RPI conferences (SEC,ACC) we will have at worst the 3rd best regular season record. We could even be the #4 depending on how much credit they give the Big 10 and Maryland.
This was my thinking as well, assuming we won today. Lots of parity in CBB this year.

Maryland has been very impressive lately. Even so I would be shocked based on this series win if Miami is not a top 8.

Best time to start him might be game 1 of a regional when his ā€œstuffā€ might overwhelm a 4 seed. But even then youā€™re playing with fire because if he goes south early youā€™re going to eat up the bullpen.
That's what I think - especially since it's win or go home come regionals, i.e. have two guys in the pen every inning from Game 1 on.

Advertisement

I think youā€™re absolutely right. It will take conference tourney runs from a couple teams to drop us lower than 6. For as bad as this team played, we never cratered like OKST and UGA. Weā€™re just fine after the win today.

Advertisement
That's what I think - especially since it's win or go home come regionals, i.e. have two guys in the pen every inning from Game 1 on.
I think you go Ligon Game 1 and Palm Game 2. If you can win both, you approach the third and fourth games looking to get enough from either Rosario or Garland to wholestaff a final win.

I think you go Ligon Game 1 and Palm Game 2. If you can win both, you approach the third and fourth games looking to get enough from either Rosario or Garland to wholestaff a final win.
This.

Then you flip Palm and Ligon back in super.

Ya, that's the most likely route, knowing teams rarely lose a regional after going up 2 - 0 at home.

Advertisement
Back