Canes BB Recent Transfers Update

Advertisement
Wayyy too early '23 starting rotation prediction: Friday- Ziehl. Saturday: Ligon Sunday: Schlesinger. Midweek: Garland/Crowther
learning here, but thought Palm would have to stay one more year? Don't they have to complete their junior year?

Or turn 21.
This - and there's a 45 day grace period on the 21st birthday definition. The draft is mid July this year, so, anyone w a birthday basically prior to Sept 1 is eligible. I think we just barely sneak Yoyo in as a 20 year-old.

Advertisement
This - and there's a 45 day grace period on the 21st birthday definition. The draft is mid July this year, so, anyone w a birthday basically prior to Sept 1 is eligible. I think we just barely sneak Yoyo in as a 20 year-old.

Correct. YoYo turns 21 in October

learning here, but thought Palm would have to stay one more year? Don't they have to complete their junior year?
Palm is a COVID Sophomore. This his third full year in the program, but everyone got a free redshirt his freshman year.

So burke is gone too, even though he's a sophomore. Walters too? what about Dom and Kayfus?

So burke is gone too, even though he's a sophomore. Walters too? what about Dom and Kayfus?
Burke and Walters are in the same situation as Palm. Dom and CJ are true sophomores and not draft eligible.

Advertisement
Not if some NIL money is competitive. Most of these guys are late-low rounds or middle rounds at best in MLB draft (~$500k signing bonuses). These guys seem to enjoy each other - come back and make a run at a title while not sacrificing much money, if at all.

Not if some NIL money is competitive. Most of these guys are late-low rounds or middle rounds at best in MLB draft (~$500k signing bonuses). These guys seem to enjoy each other - come back and make a run at a title while not sacrificing much money, if at all.
I was gonna say, if the above continue to improve and all stay plus carrier back and incoming class, we might have a legit run.

Alex Toral is now batting .203 with 63Ks in 143 AB's. I'll give Dimare credit for telling him his services were no longer needed. Yikes.
Victor Mederos has a 6.55 ERA with a 1.52 WHIP. Another bullet dodged!
rosario is this year's mederos.

just frustrating when you look at the arm talent, and match that up with the (non-existent) production.

the pro scouts couldn't be that wrong, could they??

then again, i stopped listening to pro scouts after the kenny henderson. fiasco

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back